Swapsy

LoughboroughLion

So, here's the question...

We find ourself in a less than desirable position flirting with relegation with some people blaming Lerner for this and others Lambert, but would you swap our owner and manager with our rivals?

• EVERTON: BILL KENWRIGHT AND DAVID MOYES
  • STOKE: PETER COATES AND TONY PULIS
  • WEST HAM: DAVID SULLIVAN, DAVID GOLD AND SAM ALLARDYCE
  • FULHAM: MOHAMED AL-FAYED AND MARTIN JOL
  • SUNDERLAND: ELLIS SHORT AND MARTIN O'NEILL
  • NEWCASTLE: MIKE ASHLEY AND ALAN PARDEW

We keep our history, name, stadium etc.

No mix and match, apart from that no holds barred.

Think I'd swap with any of them except Stoke. Though even Stoke fans have a better time on a Saturday afternoon than we do.

You would rather have Mike Ashley and Pardew than Lerner and Lambert? Mike **** Assley?

Edited by Jarpie

You would rather have Mike Ashley and Pardew than Lerner and Lambert? Mike **** Assley?

Yup.

Atleast the outside world, even Ashley himself, knows that he's a hopeless owner, as opposed to Lerner who is still held as some kind of post Ellis Messiah by the media.

Packed stadium watching the likes of Ben Arfa, Debuchy & Co week in, week out. Yes, I would undoubtedly swap with Newcastle.

Edit: In my haste, I may have misinterpreted the opening post. If players weren't to be swapped, then I would probably only swap with Everton.

Edited by Shillzz

• EVERTON: BILL KENWRIGHT AND DAVID MOYES - YES
  • STOKE: PETER COATES AND TONY PULIS - YES
  • WEST HAM: DAVID SULLIVAN, DAVID GOLD AND SAM ALLARDYCE - NO
  • FULHAM: MOHAMED AL-FAYED AND MARTIN JOL -NO (would take Jol but not his boss!)
  • SUNDERLAND: ELLIS SHORT AND MARTIN O'NEILL -YES
  • NEWCASTLE: MIKE ASHLEY AND ALAN PARDEW -YES

The main reason for the "YES" votes is that the chairmen all seem reasonably committed to their clubs and have a much more measured approach to investment. Would take Lambert with a more experienced and financially shrewder chairman (although I think that breaks your rules).

Yup.

Atleast the outside world, even Ashley himself, knows that he's a hopeless owner, as opposed to Lerner who is still held as some kind of post Ellis Messiah by the media.

Packed stadium watching the likes of Ben Arfa, Debuchy & Co week in, week out. Yes, I would undoubtedly swap with Newcastle.

Edit: In my haste, I may have misinterpreted the opening post. If players weren't to be swapped, then I would probably only swap with Everton.

Check the Newcastle's form in here:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/form-guide.html

As I say, if it was just the manager and chairman, then I wouldn't want to swap with Newcastle.

Though that aside, we've just come through some of the worst form I can remember any Premier League side, of any era, enduring.

Mike Ashley????

Got out the spotlight last season, but has anyone seen their squad? It's as small as ours. Minimal investment at best, yet goes and gives the manager a 7 year contract. They have a better starting eleven then us due to some excellent signings but every week their bench is full of youngsters and the likes of Ameobi. They desperately need investment but it doesn't seem to be happening, and they are as likely to go down right now as we are.

Newcastle's defeat on Saturday reminded me of when we were beaten by Sheffield Utd in the 3rd round under DOL I think. They just looked really fed up and couldn't be bothered against a really up for it Championship team. It would cost an absolute fortune to sack Pardew. I think Ashley gave him that contract so that he would stop himself from being so trigger happy....

Newcastle's defeat on Saturday reminded me of when we were beaten by Sheffield Utd in the 3rd round under DOL I think. They just looked really fed up and couldn't be bothered against a really up for it Championship team. It would cost an absolute fortune to sack Pardew. I think Ashley gave him that contract so that he would stop himself from being so trigger happy....

Ashley and Pardew go way back. The contract was not for football reasons.

So, here's the question...

We find ourself in a less than desirable position flirting with relegation with some people blaming Lerner for this and others Lambert, but would you swap our owner and manager with our rivals?

• EVERTON: BILL KENWRIGHT AND DAVID MOYES - Yes
  • STOKE: PETER COATES AND TONY PULIS - No
  • WEST HAM: DAVID SULLIVAN, DAVID GOLD AND SAM ALLARDYCE - No
  • FULHAM: MOHAMED AL-FAYED AND MARTIN JOL - Yes
  • SUNDERLAND: ELLIS SHORT AND MARTIN O'NEILL - No
  • NEWCASTLE: MIKE ASHLEY AND ALAN PARDEW - Yes

For me i feel Lerner has given up and i don't rate Lambert yet. He may come good but he's nothing special yet.

Of those clubs i think Villa is possibly the worst run club.

Â