Formula One - 2013

BOF

Another dull race on a dull manufactured track in the arse end of nowhere. There's something about the middle east GPs that I find incredibly tedious. Can't wait to see tracks like the A1 ring back on the calendar

Stick a fork in this season and come back in March instead Levi. We're about to get a big rule change for next year which can shake up the field.

Red Bull are the class of the field and Vettel is driving as perfectly as you can get.

Just got back from the race. Vettel was in a class of his own again but the GP reverted to type after a solitary good year last time out.

Muse and Depeche Mode concerts were ace however!!

One thing I will say is that the Yas Viceroy hotel looks like a giant schlong when you're in the North Stand.

YasCock.jpg

Pile of shit.

Not Vettels or RBR's fault of course, it's because Ferrari, Mclaren, Mercedes and Lotus are incapable of creating a car even close to being able to compete to them. After turn 1 I said to my mate "race over" and then found something better to do with my Sunday lunchtime.

If Ross Brawn leaves the sport I really dont know where it leaves it. Do any of the other teams have the personnel to go toe to toe with Newey even with a shake up of some hardware?

If Ross Brawn leaves the sport I really dont know where it leaves it. Do any of the other teams have the personnel to go toe to toe with Newey even with a shake up of some hardware?

I suppose with more Russians entering F1 and a race imminent, Newey better watch the tips of umbrellas as he walks down the street.

It amuses me seeing Sky throwing F1 in your face every time you visit their website/watch TV

A few years ago they didn't even give the sport a mention, now it's the best thing since sliced bread just because they have the rights yet only the hardcore fans are watching it at the moment. I bet they won't bother getting the rights renewed.

Yeah, I can't stand "Crofty" either. Always looks like its the day after a massive hangover (which is possibly the case).

In general though the Sky coverage is miles better than the BBC. Last year I thought I'd give BBC1 a chance as it was the British GP, it felt like I was watching something from the mid 90's, just seemed so slow, dreary and out of date in comparison to Sky F1 HD.

Beebs rolling sportsnews is suggedting Nico is going to Lotus after all. Really hope thats true and its not Maldonado.

I was slightly surprised when Pastor was linked. I do believe on his day he's one of the quickest on the grid but he's also extremely inconsistent. He brings a shed load of money from Venezuela though so that's always a nice carrot.

So Kimi won't be racing again this season. He has apparently opted to go for a back operation because the pain has now grown too severe.

Far be it from me to question this, even in light of what has happened with him and Lotus over the last few weeks but :ph34r:

He's right. Even if the reason is bullshit (and remember it may not be), they didn't treat him properly so **** 'em. Kimi needs to look after Kimi.

He's right. Even if the reason is bullshit (and remember it may not be), they didn't treat him properly so **** 'em. Kimi needs to look after Kimi.

I don't disagree with that at all. Even if his back was A1 he'd have good enough reason to hit the beach (or more likely beach bar in his case) early after the way he has been dicked about.

They've sorted a deal. Not sure if he has his money yet. I heard they agreed to bonuses they never thought he'd achieve and they ended up owing more than they ever thought they'd have to pay. I.O.W. Kimi did better in their car than they ever imagined.

Expect them to drop next season.

I don't know all the ins and outs of prize money in F1 but I'd have thought there was a relationship between points earned and prize money for the team. Not to mention sponsorship income.

Lotus look to have been well out of order here. If I was Nico and the rumours are true I'd want paying upfront.

Â