Formula One - 2013

BOF

Best bit was Webber and Alonso completely blanking Vettel at the end leaving him to make small talk with Horner.

You missed Webber and Vettel chatting at another point and Webber's appreciation at Vettel's insistence that Webber was interviewed first in his last F1 race, instead of the traditional race winner? No one is claiming Webber's sour grapes don't linger a little but I don't think a few seconds 'small talk' with his own team principal had Vettel too worried!

Honestly, some need to get over Vettel's poor judgement over the 'multi 21' instruction in one race, 18 races ago! Either that or remember Webber was chiefly to blame in taking out Vettel in Turkey 2010.

Best bit was Webber and Alonso completely blanking Vettel at the end leaving him to make small talk with Horner.

You missed Webber and Vettel chatting at another point and Webber's appreciation at Vettel's insistence that Webber was interviewed first in his last F1 race, instead of the traditional race winner? No one is claiming Webber's sour grapes don't linger a little but I don't think a few seconds 'small talk' with his own team principal had Vettel too worried!

Honestly, some need to get over Vettel's poor judgement over the 'multi 21' instruction in one race, 18 races ago! Either that or remember Webber was chiefly to blame in taking out Vettel in Turkey 2010.

Maybe you didn't see the bit I was referring to.

Vettel and Horner were stood waiting, Alonso too. Webber was walking over and I'm sure the Vettel and Horner expected him to go over to them. Instead he completely blanked them and started having a good chat with Alonso leaving Vettel to do the awkward interuption thing as he could see he looked a bit left out.

I don't recall writing anything at all about 'Multi 21' or an incident 3 years ago. Looks like we've got a bit of a Vettel fanboi here.

• Like 1

Maybe you didn't see the bit I was referring to. 

Vettel and Horner were stood waiting, Alonso too. Webber was walking over and I'm sure the Vettel and Horner expected him to go over to them. Instead he completely blanked them and started having a good chat with Alonso leaving Vettel to do the awkward interuption thing as he could see he looked a bit left out.

I don't recall writing anything at all about 'Multi 21' or an incident 3 years ago. Looks like we've got a bit of a Vettel fanboi here.

I did see what you were referring to, just didn't see it as any kind of incident better than than the race which had a decent amount going on. If I were Webber, I think I'd have chose an old friend to chat to instead of a now ex-team mate who kept beating me, especially knowing he already had another team mate to talk to. :)

I didn't claim you mentioned multi 21 or the crash in Turkey, hence my use of 'some' and not 'you'. My comment was in regard to those who moan about a driver seemingly because he keeps winning (hardly a fault), or hang on to a judgement error when nearly all drivers (Webber included) have dropped a bollock or three in their time. No 'fanboi' though, just know talent when I see it.;)

111 days to Australia ;):D

Anyhoo, here are some stats from the season

In the 15 races both cars finished, not once did Webber beat Vettel.  He out-qualified him twice.  There was no other whitewash between team-mates although Massa only finished ahead of Alonso once in 16 classifications (India) and Hulkenberg was only out-qualified once by Gutierrez (Singapore 10th v 11th).

Both McLarens and Max Chilton were the only 3 drivers to finish all 19 races.  And even then, Chilton only beat Bianchi twice when both finished (out of 16 races).

Monaco had the most retirements (6) with three races on four (Australia, Malaysia, China).  No race had all 20 drivers finish but Bahrain, Abu Dhabi & USA only had 1 DNF each.

Webber managed to get 'fastest lap' in his final race which was his 5th of the season.  Vettel finished top with 7 of them.  Kudos to Gutierrez for managing to get one of them in Spain.

Merc matched Red Bull with 33 points finishes this season with Ferrari one behind on 32.

Jenson Button completed the most laps of the season, 1126 (out of 1131) with Vettel 2nd on 1120.  Giedo van der Garde was last on 931 (82.32%).  Unsurprisingly McLaren were the most reliable team with 2242 out of 2262 and a completion percentage of 99.12% followed by Red Bull (2169), Mercedes (2142) & Williams (2114).  Caterham were last on 1900 & 84%.

You can pretty much guess that Vettel tops most of the meaningful tables.

• Like 4

Ooh, cool.  I'm not sure, I think he could be good there.  He does come with shedloads of cash but that Williams was a dog this season and he did win in Barcelona in a Williams last year which was nothing short of amazing.  He is one-lap quick and in a better car who knows how he'll do?  One thing's for sure, he's probably teaming up with one of the most under-rated racers on the grid.  Grosjean is blisteringly quick.

Expect Perez & Hulkenberg at Force India now.

I see they've suggested permanent numbers in F1 a la MotoGP and the American series'.  Plus a 'pole position trophy' *rolly eyes*

Anyone see the suggestion that the drivers are going to be forced to make at least 2 pitstops per race :bang: :bang: :bang: ?

What a load of crap.  For most races that's effectively forcing everyone into the same strategy.  One of the few opportunities for teams lower down to affect their race by out-smarting those further up.

The only positive I've seen from this; and it's tenuous; is that they might charge harder on the tyres now that they know they are changing them.  The incentive to 'keep' the tyres being less and addressing one of the bigger issues of 2013.  But that could equally have been achieved by providing more durable tyres.  Something Pirelli are very capable of doing if asked.  It just seems like another unnecessary tying of the teams' hands in a sport becoming increasingly restrictive on anything other than 'their way'.

I've read they're also not only forcing everyone into 2 or more stops but they're further micro-managing the pitstops by making sure you can't go on the same prime tyre for more than 50% of the race or the same option tyre for more than 30%.  Something along those lines anyway.

I've said it before.  My loyalty is not unconditional and I can almost see the tipping point in the distance.

Anyone see the suggestion that the drivers are going to be forced to make at least 2 pitstops per race :bang: :bang: :bang: ?

What a load of crap.  For most races that's effectively forcing everyone into the same strategy.  One of the few opportunities for teams lower down to affect their race by out-smarting those further up.

The only positive I've seen from this; and it's tenuous; is that they might charge harder on the tyres now that they know they are changing them.  The incentive to 'keep' the tyres being less and addressing one of the bigger issues of 2013.  But that could equally have been achieved by providing more durable tyres.  Something Pirelli are very capable of doing if asked.  It just seems like another unnecessary tying of the teams' hands in a sport becoming increasingly restrictive on anything other than 'their way'.

I've read they're also not only forcing everyone into 2 or more stops but they're further micro-managing the pitstops by making sure you can't go on the same prime tyre for more than 50% of the race or the same option tyre for more than 30%.  Something along those lines anyway.

I've said it before.  My loyalty is not unconditional and I can almost see the tipping point in the distance.

If that were too happen it would be incredibly pathetic, but F1 over recent years has seemingly become more micro managed by the people at the top and this would only be seen as natural progression.

However,it does not make any sense to do something in which could turn even more people off F1. The new markets that F1 have tried to exploit have failed in the main (Korea and India being examples) and the fact that the same guy has won the past 4 titles means it is incredibly boring too watch for the neutral.

Â