Formula One - 2013

BOF

Brawn has been courted by other teams AFAIK from reading articles through the year.

It's mad because before the season started, his position was tenuous and it appeared he was being ousted as some kind of failure at Mercedes.  But as the season has gone on, it has turned on its head and now he holds all the cards.  It's now him walking away from the situation with Merc not wanting him to go.  His bargaining position is very strong.  The only difficulty with him is that he'll only accept a role where he is the head man and those positions are more scarce.  But then I've no doubt he wouldn't be walking away if he wasn't walking straight into another role elsewhere in the paddock.  The lack of control is why he's walking away from Mercedes in the first place.  I think other than Red Bull & Ferrari you could probably see him being accepted by every other team.  You mention Whitmarsh at McLaren.  They're probably the one wildcard at the moment because with Honda coming back in 2015 I'd say Honda will have a big say on any hierarchical changes at Woking.  It'll be interesting where he ends up, but I hope he sticks around.  He's a good character in F1 and it'd be worse off without him.

Yes, I'm sure you are correct re: Honda and McLaren. Brawn obviously has a bit of history with Honda and assuming he still has good relations with them they may want him in there. I know from my uneducated and narrow perspective that if I was given the option of Whitmarsh or Brawn as the head honcho of a team I had a big stake in, I'd go for Brawn every time.

Lotus apologise for their sweary exchange of words with Raikkonen mid-race. Grosjean had caught Kimi and was 2 seconds a lap quicker.

Things no longer all lovey dovey since Kimi signed for Ferrari :)

• Like 1

There's only one thing teh interwebz loves more than a countdown and that is disagreeing with a countdown.

So without further ado, here's one. The Telegraph asked its readers for their "list of all time great Formula One drivers". The results were a little surprising.

12. Nelson Piquet

11. Jack Brabham

10. Stirling Moss

9. Jackie Stewart

8. Niki Lauda

7. Alain Prost

6. Jim Clark

5. Juan Manuel Fangio

4. Sebastian Vettel

3. Michael Schumacher

2. Ayrton Senna

1. Fernando Alonso

I must say I wouldn't have Alonso at number one, but I am glad he is getting the appreciation that could easily be overlooked by what is a paltry 2 titles for a man who deserves far more than that.

Which reminds me. I've yet to see dodgyknees' attempt at a top ten for the current grid.

thats a bizarre finish. As much as I like and rate Alonso I dont think many would have him ahead of 2 and 3.

always surprised in these lists for a lack of mention of Hakkinen, he is very very underrated even though won 2 titles

I agree that Hakkinen tends to be under-rated in these lists. He is one of the very few drivers (along with Alonso) that went toe to toe with Michael Schumacher while he was in his prime and beat him fair and square. Having said that, I'd only have Hakkinen over Piquet in the list above.

I initially took exception to their heading of "Telegraph readers' greatest Formula 1 champions" when I saw Moss in the list but they do also describe it as I say above, as a list of all time greats. So I'll let them off this time ...

Raikkonen has threatened to boycott the last 2 races over 'not being paid a single Euro all year'. If it was most other drivers, I'd call bullshit. But with him and the fact he's leaving them after this season, it is no skin off his nose to carry through with it. Should be fun because Lotus are still in the hunt for 2nd in the WCC and can ill-afford to be without him.

If anyone was to boycott a race it would be Kimi. He has the guts to do something like this, unlike the rest of the drivers. Interesting to see Hamilton admit he might not win another drivers championship aswell this weekend. 

The new engine changes come in next season but I doubt that will change anything. Lotus just don't have the cash to sustain a challenge, Mercades are going to be signifcantly weakened by losing Brawn, Mclaren have a clueless tosser in charge and Ferrari is more about the politics within the team than winning races.

I've given F1 some viewership this season.

It's managed to be more boring than NASCAR (which at least has overtaking) or IndyCar (which at least has the omnipresent threat of gruesome death).

It's more interesting than drag racing though.

Is that just a this-season thing, or is it normally like this?

I've given F1 some viewership this season.

It's managed to be more boring than NASCAR (which at least has overtaking) or IndyCar (which at least has the omnipresent threat of gruesome death).

It's more interesting than drag racing though.

Is that just a this-season thing, or is it normally like this?

It's been like this for a good 3 seasons now.

Â