Gaming 2013

hogso

Being a pirate assassin ;)

I got AC4 for my birthday so I've been playing that instead of watching the shitshow that we call a football team.

I loved AC3 but I think 4 may overtake it as my favourite in the series. It's very much more of the same gameplay-wise, but that's not a bad thing in my opinion, and Edward is far more likeable and interesting than Connor, and set in one of my favourite periods in history.

• Like 1

I just find it amazing that nobody has tried to do an open world pirate game like this before, Ubisoft could've made a whole new series and scrapped the Assassin's Creed title!

It needs scrapping and actually that doesn't sound a bad idea. AC3 has killed the series IMO, couldn't complete it. Didn't get more than half way into it. Too many crap side activities, too glitchy and just generally not as interesting in any aspect as the Ezio games.

Yeah, a properly good pirate game remains one of the great untapped ideas of the computer gaming world. Kind of shocking no one tried to do it when the Pirates of the Carribean films were big.

Another game that needs to be made is a 'Han Solo simulator', for lack of a better phrase. Star Wars 1313 seemed like it may have been just that, but it doesn't look like it'll ever be released now, and if it is, what sort of state it'll be in. We know what happens to games when they get stuck in development hell...

Pretty much, we need Rockstar to do these things. They came up with cracking Cowboy and High School sims, after all

So after this thread I decided to treat myself before xmas and throw some dolla at a fancy-pants collectors edition of Ni No Kuni.

Flipping tidy mun.

Think it's the first ever game where the gf hasn't disappeared at the first sight of me firing up the PS3 - if only because she can pick out all the Welsh words in the dialogue =)

• Like 2

just finished CoD Ghosts SP

unsurprisingly really poor, couldn't get in to it at all, very few decent levels, the last level was a shocker IMO not sure who thought that was a good idea

too many gimmicks, also (same with the multiplayer) I cant get in to the guns for some reason (killzone is the same tbf) bring back the aug and type 95

just finished CoD Ghosts SP

unsurprisingly really poor, couldn't get in to it at all, very few decent levels, the last level was a shocker IMO not sure who thought that was a good idea

too many gimmicks, also (same with the multiplayer) I cant get in to the guns for some reason (killzone is the same tbf) bring back the aug and type 95

Was considering buying this using the £28 I just got for GTA V. Think I'll give it a miss.

Just played through Gone Home. Holy shit. Best soundtrack for anything, ever. Missing some Bikini Kill and Slant 6 maybe, but yeah, wow. Great stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think I love Spelunky.   Nearly put it into the Game of the Year thread but It's somewhat difficult to say when the game came out.  It was released on PC this year, but it came out on Xbox last year and that was just a HD remake of the original PC version which is from 2009.  It's great though. :wub: 

• Like 1

100%'d AC4 last night (except for multiplayer but I don't care for that) and it was absolutely brilliant. There were a few laggy moments, and the 'Kenway's Fleet mini-game was a little tedious when your trade routes became hazardous, but the rest was fantastic.

It still suffers from some annoying control issues I find, but I've gotten used to them since AC2. The story was great though, and the setting, geographically and historically, was probably my favourite of the whole series. Edward is also a much better and more charasmatic leading character than Connor was.

Really enjoyed it. Almost a shame they're more than likely not going to squeeze anymore life out of Edward's adventures around the Caribbean like they did with Ezio, but oh well.

• Like 1

100%'d AC4 last night (except for multiplayer but I don't care for that) and it was absolutely brilliant. There were a few laggy moments, and the 'Kenway's Fleet mini-game was a little tedious when your trade routes became hazardous, but the rest was fantastic.

It still suffers from some annoying control issues I find, but I've gotten used to them since AC2. The story was great though, and the setting, geographically and historically, was probably my favourite of the whole series. Edward is also a much better and more charasmatic leading character than Connor was.

Really enjoyed it. Almost a shame they're more than likely not going to squeeze anymore life out of Edward's adventures around the Caribbean like they did with Ezio, but oh well.

I think i'm about 25% of the way through at the moment. It's absolutely brilliant though isn't it? A massive improvement on 3 and definitely up there with the brilliance of 2 and Brotherhood for me.

I'm about 30% through ACIV now, there is just so much to do apart from the main story. Really do love it, probably my favourite game for my Xbox One and to think I actually hated every other AC game I'd say that is quite something. 

As I said before, I think the open world pirate genre is something somebody else needs to pick up on, if Ubisoft decide not to delve into it again that is. They should just make a 'prequel' spin-off called Blackbeard.

Ubisoft put out a survey asking people what they thought of a pirate only game not attached to Assassin's Creed. They were asking what they would like to see in such a game so fingers crossed that they could develop some sort of MMO with pirates and being able to sail with friends and customize your ships. If they could make something like that, I would be beyond excited.

Ubisoft put out a survey asking people what they thought of a pirate only game not attached to Assassin's Creed. They were asking what they would like to see in such a game so fingers crossed that they could develop some sort of MMO with pirates and being able to sail with friends and customize your ships. If they could make something like that, I would be beyond excited.

When was this? Sounds promising if it was after ACIV was released!

Â