Gaming 2013

hogso

My only Platinum is Assassins Creed 2.

I loved Ni No Kuni as well. Such a charming game. Was considering the Platinum in that as well, but it seemed like a ton of work.

I think I might actually purchase the DLC for Sleeping Dogs though. I haven't checked the cost, but don't mind if it's value for money. I'd love a reason to spend a few more hours in that universe. 

Last time i checked it was about £12, I dont know how big the DLC is though. Been checking every now and again in case it comes on sale.

I was very sad when I finished that game, truly one of my favourites ever.

Got to 92% on AC2, was a great game, but it seemed too much hassle collecting all the feathers. Shame every AC title since has been rubbish

Ni No Kuni? whats that about?

It's about a young boy called Oliver, en't it? What it is is, his mam dies and he gets whisked off to a proper magical world in the hope of reviving her, mun. Acourse there's a flippin' witch after him to spice things up a bit! It's tidy.

• Like 4

Ni No Kuni is still GOTY for me.

Can't see anything topping it.

I haven't really thought what my GotY would be, strange year. I'd probably agree with this though all in all. Seems weird because it came out so long ago in Japan but my minor criticisms aside it's such a truly remarkable feat in gaming. I'm actually only just over half way through, I think; around 30 hours in and have taken long breaks, just due to sheer amounts of other stuff i've wanted to finish but in true Ghibli style, it's just aesthetically gorgeous, absolutely hilarious dialect. (the bit on fairy isle in particular ;) ) remarkably heart warming and just brings a smile to your face like nothing else. A wonderfully magical game. 

• Like 1

there was a trick to the early bosses, I basically played as oliver and stayed really far back picking them off with magic, there was a fair bit of trial and error, learning what kind of damage each attack would do, also relied heavily on items when doing boss battles

come the late bosses some of your familiars are that overpowered that you breeze through them

I loved ni no kuni but the battle system was trash. Did it get better? Not sure where I dropped off, think it was around some lava boss or whatever. Loved everything else but that was...well disappointing. 

'Battle system'? Pfft. Who cares about the battle system when you have this Welsh bastard tearing shit up

2418992-39631drippy_04_normal_resolution

Mun.

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

And the Wizard's Companion aswell? Me too :D He stands pride of place next to my PC. Although my kitten likes to whack it every now and again. Just wait till my mum dies and I cry and use it as a tissue so it comes alive though. Tidy.

• Like 1

No I only got that. This game was really hard to find here, checked like 4 shops before I found one copy and he gave me that :P I really should pick it up again, its been to long. Need that rpg fix since there literally are none :(

Fallout 4  :(

http://fallout.wikia.com

27 November - Trademark Apparently Fake

We can confirm after independently verifying ourselves that the European Fallout 4 Trademark has been withdrawn. There are now only Trademarks for "Fallout" and "Fallout: New Vegas".

CVG believe this to be in a series of fake submissions.

Its perhaps a little early to call it, but we're almost certain that the survivor site, as a result is fake. As you were.

They brek yer art Tom.

Â