The Shay Given thread

RotaxMax125

Think Given will get all the Cup games bar the Final (if we get there). Other than that it's all Guzan imo, or at least it should be, until Guzan starts throwing them into our net he's earned his spot and theres no point dropping an in-form Goalkeeper.

The reason that I believe Guzan will play in the League Cup Final (if we get there of course) is that it looks like he is to be our long term keeper and Given is likely to be offloaded at the end of the season so why piss off the keeper that you want to keep at the club in favour of the keeper that you don't?

In addition, Given already has an FA Cup Winners medal and Guzan has nothing so it is his chance to win some silverware.

To be honest, I would play Guzan for the Home Leg vs Bradford and the Final* as dont you need 3 appearances to win a medal? Kind of feel like it would be harsh if the only bit of success we got this season was The Capitol One Cup and Guzan, who many could argue as our player of the season, was ineligible for a medal.

Given has played vs Swindon, Norwich and Man City (and probably Bradford away)

Guzan has played vs Tranmere.

*If we get there.

To be honest, I would play Guzan for the Home Leg vs Bradford and the Final* as dont you need 3 appearances to win a medal? Kind of feel like it would be harsh if the only bit of success we got this season was The Capitol One Cup and Guzan, who many could argue as our player of the season, was ineligible for a medal.

Given has played vs Swindon, Norwich and Man City (and probably Bradford away)

Guzan has played vs Tranmere.

*If we get there.

Good point, play Guzan in both semis and be done with it!

I was implying that Guzan will play in the Final not implying that we would be in the Final.

Saying "Guzan will play in the final" also implies that he will have a final to be selected for in the first place.

All I'm doing is saying that we're not there yet so saying things like "will" with regards to us and the final is a little premature.

I know what I was saying. If you want to read it another way then that's your choice. I don't give a toss.

I read it how you wrote it.

You don't have to be so defensive. All I was doing was saying we can't be complacent and act like we're in the final already.

Givens experience could be invaluable tomorrow night, here is a man who has played in major world cup tournaments qualifiers and big games for Newcastle and Ci£y.

Just because he has experience in these types of games, doesn't mean he will perform. Did you watch the Euros?

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Â