Playstation 4

hogso

PS4 outsold XBONE in the US this month, despite the XBONE having the Kinect-less pricecut. By comparison, WIIU sales were way way up.

Is there anyone who has both the PS4 and Xbone?

I'm still undecided and while it's clear Sony are making more sales I'm still not sure which is going to offer the better library of games, neither platform has truly made use of the extra power.

I hated the PS3 dashboard but loved the 360's....is the PS4 one more usable? I always find Sony reports about games and indie developers rather than how the whole console functions. I'm leaning toward the PS4 but I do like the extra features with the Xbone.

Wait until there's some games you actually want to play that are exclusive to one console, then decide. It's not worth it at the moment.

Is there anyone who has both the PS4 and Xbone?

I'm still undecided and while it's clear Sony are making more sales I'm still not sure which is going to offer the better library of games, neither platform has truly made use of the extra power.

I hated the PS3 dashboard but loved the 360's....is the PS4 one more usable? I always find Sony reports about games and indie developers rather than how the whole console functions. I'm leaning toward the PS4 but I do like the extra features with the Xbone.

I do, and pretty much gave a review on both a page or two ago.

In terms of UI, to me, the PS4 almost looks like it's in a BETA waiting for an update. Just doesn't feel complete. However, the Xbox (IMO) is a lot better, vibrant and intuitive.... but the downside is when multitasking (ie, playing a game, whilst snapping netflix) then the UI goes really slow. And just to load messages can take about 30seconds, which is really annoying.

For other sides of the argument you'll find my opinion a few pages back. Summary is though, if you want a console purely for games then get a PS4. If you like all the additional things and having something becoming an essential bit of kit to a home theater setup then the Xbox is the way to go. 

Cheers Pie and hogso, some helpful opinions.

Just checked your post Pie and I have similar needs, prefer the Xbox pad, like extra UI features plus I can see Kinect being helpful rather than a pointless extra. At heart though I'm a gamer...I just like wide ranging tech.

I guess it'll be a waiting game to see who brings out what, plus an interesting honest comparison about the frame rates...though I suspected as much, difficult to make a cross platform game look very different.

Not too bothered about friends, I don't have enough of them who actually play games, is the online community any better over at Sony? I have to say the 360 guys are mostly horrible, so much so that Steam might still be a viable choice.

• Like 1

Everyone is a word removed when gaming, apart from me of course.

Stop being poor, get both consoles, or ask Pie where he lives and go and rob his consoles :D

Yeah I think it's funny when people like to use the community as an argument for/against buying a console. Everybody is terrible and should be avoided at all times.

• Like 2

In terms of UI, to me, the PS4 almost looks like it's in a BETA waiting for an update. Just doesn't feel complete. However, the Xbox (IMO) is a lot better, vibrant and intuitive

Couldn't agree with this any less. The PS4 interface is streets ahead of the Xbox One's. The XBO UI is an unintuitive dog that hides thing in nonsensical places and wastes user time constantly. With the PS4 everything is where it should be, and the aim of the UI is to get you into a game or app with no fuss. With the XBO it's a battle to figure out where the bloody hell the thing you want to play even lives

• Like 2

I guess thats why xbox wanted to sell it with the kinetic so users just say what they want to do. The PS4 UI does look a little behind the XB but as you say its more organised. Wish the voice control had more commands though.

In terms of UI, to me, the PS4 almost looks like it's in a BETA waiting for an update. Just doesn't feel complete. However, the Xbox (IMO) is a lot better, vibrant and intuitive

Couldn't agree with this any less. The PS4 interface is streets ahead of the Xbox One's. The XBO UI is an unintuitive dog that hides thing in nonsensical places and wastes user time constantly. With the PS4 everything is where it should be, and the aim of the UI is to get you into a game or app with no fuss. With the XBO it's a battle to figure out where the bloody hell the thing you want to play even lives

I completely disagree. I really struggle to navigate around the PS4 UI. Opinions are funny eh. To find your game, press right about 3 times and go to games, your games are in games funnily enough :lol:

Also, why not just say Xbox Go To Fifa. Doesn't get much easier than that!

Wrong thread I know! We'll agree to disagree :)

Got my PS4 last week and really getting into Second Son, problem is I'm on night shifts all this week and next. Wish the blooming laptop HDMI ports were both input and output so I could bring it to work with me rather than play 10 year old bargain steam games.

anyone know how to watch a video via usb HDD? when I connect I just don't know where to go. PS3 has a video section which shows plex, other media servers and hard drive when connected.

Pretty sure Sony said that the PS4 doesn't play video or music files from an external HDD (at least at launch, don't know if this has been patched though).

I know the PS3 did, but for whatever reason, Sony removed it from PS4, which is frankly ridiculous.

anyone know how to watch a video via usb HDD? when I connect I just don't know where to go. PS3 has a video section which shows plex, other media servers and hard drive when connected.

You can't at the moment, it'll be added in November/December though, with the ability to stream from your local network coming in Jan/Feb

• 2 weeks later...
Â