Playstation 4

hogso

Stick it to the man is really good. You may already have it if you're a PS+ subscriber.

I picked up both Second Son and Black Flag for £20 each from Grainger games. (free delivery)

Just got one, playing through TLoU Remastered, what a game. Also got Worms Battleground for the flatmates - excellent craic.

Any other cheap / downloadable games to recommend?

Rocket League will be a must have, when it's out.

Is it worth getting the PS4 yet for the casual gamer?

No

That's what I thought. I will save the cash and wait. Far Cry 4 looks good in fairness, but I was wondering if there has been any great games that have been slipped under the radar.

Bloodborne looks amazing, I haven't read much about it, is it a spin off from Dark Souls? (I've never played it)

Looking forward to getting LBP as I had a 360 and missed out on it on the PS3. Anyone know if Tearaway is a port or a brand new game altogether? I loved it on the Vita but I wouldn't play it again if it is the same game on the PS4.

Thinking of getting a white one when Destiny comes out.

Oh, and Bloodborne is being made by the same people who made Demons Souls and Dark Souls. It will be a spiritual successor.

Edited by The_Rev

Sony's Gamescon conference was pretty obscene, and put MS's utterly to shame. Hellblade, Rime, Volume, Tomorrow Children, PT, and a whole bunch of others besides, including DayZ, Dreamfall Chapters, and Papers Please. Looks like next year might be the year will be the year to buy one.

Playstation Now (the streaming service) is coming to the UK Summer 2015 too (hopefully).

Edited by hogso

Sony's Gamescon conference was pretty obscene, and put MS's utterly to shame. Hellblade, Rime, Volume, Tomorrow Children, PT, and a whole bunch of others besides, including DayZ, Dreamfall Chapters, and Papers Please. Looks like next year might be the year will be the year to buy one.

Playstation Now (the streaming service) is coming to the UK Summer 2015 too (hopefully).

Not sure how Papers Please will translate to a controller. It's bloody hard enough with the mouse!

Awesome game though.

Rime was stunning, the drive club rain was amazing, liked how they only did stuff in the next 6 months, it looks like a good line up still just on the horizon, still far too much guff about "exclusive" "first" "plays better" etc though

Guessing that with our tax ps tv will be £99, still tempted

Turns out PT is actually a new Silent Hill game called 'Silent Hills', is being developed by Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro, and will star (voice and presumabely mo-cap) Daryl from Walking Dead. That sounds promising. Here is what Kojima had to say

"The one thing that I can say about Silent Hills, and this is something I’ve been discussing with Guillermo del Toro as well, is that originally we were thinking of making a game that would make you pee your pants, but at this point we’ve changed our minds, and now we’re aiming for a game that will make you shit your pants. One thing that you have to keep in mind is that, if a game is too scary, people just won’t play it. If it gets too scary you just keep your eyes shut and soon it will be over. But if it’s a game, people will just stop. So that’s why there’s a limit on how scary you can make a game. But in this case we’re totally ignoring that and, you know what? If you don’t want to keep on playing through the game, so be it. We don’t care. That’s the game we are aiming for"

Just been chatting to a mate who has played the PT (Silent Hills) demo.

He thinks it's easily the most scared he's ever been playing a game and said it made Outlast look like Super Mario.

I'll be all over that later today then. :D

Â