Playstation 4

hogso

So Ps4 owners, anyone play anything we can get online and play together? Got FIFA, COD and BF4.

Are the gamer tags different for PS4? I assumed you'd carry on using the existing sticky.

The gamertags are the same just wondered if anyone not on my friends list had a ps4 and what they were playing. I know lapalfan and designerone are on there - who else?

They need to fix the problem with the unreliability of the PS4 share, immediately!!! 

It is meant to capture the last 15 minutes of gameplay or if you double tap share it is meant to capture 15 minutes of gameplay starting from the moment that you double tap.

This feature is very unreliable at the moment.

I had a 49-1 game of domination on Cod Ghosts, including a K.E.M strike but the PS4 didn't record it!

On another note, there is a decent pinball machine game available in the PS store for free. It's called Pinball Arcade. There are two pinball games actually. One is Zen Pinball 2, don't get that one, it's not as good. Try and beat my score of just over 22 million points. I was ranked 43 in the world with that score a few days ago. It's a fun game

Edited by HolteEndRob

because they are different.

I always get annoyed when NES Controllers don't work with the Wii U too. Stupid innit? :unsure:

The Wii controller works with the Wii U and I think that is a much fairer comparison considering what people in 2014 are likely to have collecting dust in their houses but people who say it's because Sony want to make money are correct. There is no physical reason a PS3 controller couldn't connect to a PS4, it's a business decision.

I always get annoyed when NES Controllers don't work with the Wii U too. Stupid innit? :unsure:

The Wii controller works with the Wii U and I think that is a much fairer comparison considering what people in 2014 are likely to have collecting dust in their houses but people who say it's because Sony want to make money are correct. There is no physical reason a PS3 controller couldn't connect to a PS4, it's a business decision.

Ok then,

More often than not, old controllers are not compatible.  

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered it this morning :)

Originally I was planning on getting it roughly the same time the next Fifa was due, but couldn't resist having seen it come back in stock everywhere.

Well, technically, there's no PS button on the new one, and no touchpad on the old one. Also the face buttons have been changed mechanically and are no longer analog, there's  no tracking light on the DS3 for the PS camera to pick up, and the DS3 lacks the necessary connector for the headset . So there are some reasons it couldn't connect to be fair, albeit nothing insurmountable

Well, technically, there's no PS button on the new one, and no touchpad on the old one. Also the face buttons have been changed mechanically and are no longer analog, there's  no tracking light on the DS3 for the PS camera to pick up, and the DS3 lacks the necessary connector for the headset . So there are some reasons it couldn't connect to be fair, albeit nothing insurmountable

But that's the point, they could have easily made them all compatible, but they didn't, so therefore you have to buy a new £50-60 controller to work with the console instead of just using your old one. There's no reason why Sony couldn't have made the controller with the same ports and connections as the PS3 controller, other than that by making them incompatible they make it so that they can sell more PS4 controllers.

The only difference I can see that makes an immediate difference is the Share button, but that's only really useful for people who make video game content for stuff like YouTube. The track pad won't be efficiently used for a couple of years as the developers don't really know what the can do with it, I've only come across it on ACIV where it was used to bring up the map and kind of seemed like the were thinking "what can we do with this?". Currently the only reason for a new controller whilst developers are getting used to making games for the PS4 is to make Sony some money.

The same people would be calling them cheapskates had a newer and better controller not come with the new console.

I'm looking forward to plugging a headset straight into the pad rather than a wire stretched across the living room into the TV, as I do most of my gaming late at night when the kids are in bed (unless that feature is just for voicechat?)

Obviously they should have made a new controller for PS4 that comes with the console but you should have been able to use your PS3 controllers as spares for local multi-player sessions.

Obviously they should have made a new controller for PS4 that comes with the console but you should have been able to use your PS3 controllers as spares for local multi-player sessions.

But that wouldn't make Sony much money would it?

2nd trailer that somehow shows less than the 1st - 

still intrigued by it, will no doubt end up shite, but its creeping under the radar and the setting looks great, they sound like a decent studio (former naughty dog and blizzard staff) but have only done god of war and daxter psp games before

and they came out about 2 weeks ago and said they have no interest in force feeding a multiplayer mode in to it, they'd rather focus on 1P

Edited by villa4europe

Â