• Bannan
    • Herd
    • Holman
    • Agbonlahor (capt)
    • Benteke
    • Williams (on for Herd - 65')
    • Delph (on for Bannan - 67')
    • El Ahmadi (on for Holman - 70')

I agree with those who say we would have lost had Lambert not made those changes. It was a bit reckless I thought going with a 3-5-2, using Herd as a CB having not played for 4 weeks and not really providing any leadership in the middle of the park. The QPR forwards were rampaging for the first 25 minutes of the second half and we were lucky not to concede a couple and lose track of the game. So while yes the substitutions were largely negative they were designed to rectify some pretty massive tactical errors by Lambert and once we reverted to four at the back we started to take control of the game again.

In all, very few players really did themselves any justice. Guzan was superb, Westwood and Baker very solid and Benteke was always a threat but was left isolated way too often. Holman took his goal well but that was just about it for him.

FWIW I thought Derick Williams looks a very tidy player - tall, athletic, pacy and quite composed on the ball. Very unlucky not to have earned a free kick deep in their half too.

In the end, we probably didn't deserve the point but it is a point all the same, keeping us floating above the bottom three.

Lambert needs to stop tinkering with the lineup though and let the lads start forming as a solid unit.

I agree with your last line, there is no continuity at all. he keeps tinkering with formations, shape and personel. At times we look confused, so far this year we have seen 4-5-1, 4-4-2 diamond, 4-2-3-1, 3-5-2. the midfield constantly changes too. I dont think it helps at all, at time in the second half of games our shape goes out of the window, at one point in the second half we had a bank of 5 and a bank of 4 that were within 10 yards of each other and they were only the width of the 18 yard box, one pass to the full back out wide and they were able to put the ball in the box

• Like 1

its what he did at norwich, even when they were winning he was changing the team and formation, he isnt going to stop doing that now.

We've gone from three previous managers who all didn't change formations pretty much at all to the one who keeps changing them constantly which is frustating even when 4-5-1 clearly works much better than any other formation we've had.

Ignore his drivel?

You're probably right!

I Like Lambert and I thought the subs today actually gave us more of a foothold in a game we were getting battered in. Admittedly I'd have liked to have seen Ireland at some point but Delph (who I don't rate) didn't do too badly.

QPR have some good players and Redknapp will get them playing again. Today wasn't that bad of a point. We do need to go and beat Stoke though.

Sorry absolutely no at the moment.

Yep we need, Guardiola or Ancelloti or Mourinho and just by the mere fact that they are standing on the touchline we will win games.

God, Lambert is so crap at standing on the touchline.

Really decent point.

Lots of fans prior to this were saying they would be happy with a point there. I did to see any posts saying they wold be happy with a point but we had to play brilliantly.

I did a bit of analysis on tonight's game here, but long story short:

• A three man defence was an interesting experiment that worked out... ish. Playing three centre-backs against one striker just meant we didn't have enough players in attack. It's nice to know we can successfully play it though.
  • Ashley Westwood is an excellent player, and our most vital midfielder. We still need Ireland to balance the midfield, though.
  • Agbonlahor can't be trusted to defend his full-back.
  • Guzan is a tank, and we're lucky he didn't leave.

• Like 1

We were shit today, but got a point.

Ireland would have dominated from the start.

and Holman is really starting to get on my nerves. He scored a goal, well done. But everything he did after that was shocking. Giving the ball away, being turned way too easily and blasting shots over the bar. Absolutely abysmal...

Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker on Twitter:

"MOTD running order; ManU/Rea, WHU/Che, Ars/Swa, Ful/Tot, ManC/Eve, WBA/Sto, Liv/Sou, QPR/AV Read 'em and weep."

Surprise, surprise. Wouldn't have been that way if QPR had won.

Â