Jimzk5

I wanted Wolves to lose by a couple of  goals today, just so we wouldn't have to be in the relegation zone over the international break, but think they will be fine over the season as an whole and will finish comfortably in midtable at least. I think the top six will be the usual top six.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

One loss in ten this season. We won’t be knocking on the door of the top six or anything, but European football sees to be our priority. 

We looked awful today, but I expected this, as I said earlier in this thread. I’m very happy with the start of our season. 

As an aside, Villa fans all over Wolves twitter today from the off. It’s not a one way thing at all. 

Leicester, Man Utd, Burnley and Everton are  tough opening fixtures for sure. At the same time, the good teams were mostly where you got results from last season. Good teams give you room to counter, your main strength.

The likes of Crystal Palace and Newcastle will sit back and be organized. Wolves did lose twice to Huddersfield last season.

Regarding Villa fans on Twitter. Doesn't surprise me they want to bite back when Wolves fans been doing the exact same thing.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Yeah it’s a bit of a concern. We won’t go down (probably) so I’m happy for us to go all in the Europa League. 

I don’t really care if any set of fans are in the right or not on social media, they all look pretty pathetic to me, I just don’t want to hear that Villa fans don’t care about Wolves because plenty seem to. 

18 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Yeah it’s a bit of a concern. We won’t go down (probably) so I’m happy for us to go all in the Europa League. 

I don’t really care if any set of fans are in the right or not on social media, they all look pretty pathetic to me, I just don’t want to hear that Villa fans don’t care about Wolves because plenty seem to. 

You won't get relegated, i didn't mean to say that.

Too much quality in midfield and attack for that. But Everton and Leicester look stronger than Wolves this year.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Villa fans on Twitter been nowhere near as bad as Wolves towards us on Twitter or on that Molineux Mix. If you saw some of the comments you'd think they were Barcelona and not in League 1 only a few seasons ago. I guess that's what money does to some clubs fans.

Glad Everton beat them today, can't stand them. 

Watched the match from 20th minute so missed crazy opening spell. Was interested in how Wolves played. Everton away is tough game but thought they were pretty flat and passing was poorer than usual (Everton's passing wasn't great so typical premier league match). Europa league is simply going to impact on them. Nuno actually rotated today with Moutinho and Jota on the bench to try to freshen things up.

Curtone looks like he'll need a few weeks to adapt. Have to say though Raul Jimenez is one of my favourite strikers to watch in the league, brilliant number 9.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Villa fans on Twitter been nowhere near as bad as Wolves towards us on Twitter or on that Molineux Mix. If you saw some of the comments you'd think they were Barcelona and not in League 1 only a few seasons ago. I guess that's what money does to some clubs fans.

Glad Everton beat them today, can't stand them. 

Well that’s just not true at all. 

I don’t know what being in league one has to do with our current squad which has one player in it from that time.

Absolutely no one thinks we’re Barcelona, but we’re rightly enthused about the last couple of seasons and the trajectory we seem to be on.

Theres plenty of negativity on Molineux Mix. I’m sorry you can’t stand us. I think you’re all great. 

On 27/08/2019 at 13:33, villa4europe said:

why doesn't the champions league have the same effect then?

thats what im on about too, one of the leading papers in the country stating in mid august before a balls been kicked that there is a danger they wont perform as well this season because the EL is a "burden"  its a mental belief that the media spout, that the fans buy in to it and it will eventually feed back to the players who dip in performance and get away with it

I think its a self perpetuating myth and a really interesting look in to the mental fragility of football

Sorry just seen the post. Think the issue is the 4 top teams don't have to qualify to make the CL anymore so they just play 6 group stage games and then at most 7 knock out games. You also have the situation where you could play on a Tuesday and then maybe get a Sunday TV game so far more recovery time.

Wolves had to play 6 ties to just make the europa, then the 6 in the group stage and if they want to make the final another 8 knock out ties. Pretty sure when Fulham reached the final in 2010 they played in total 20 extra games in europe.

That and there's lots more east european teams in this compared to CL. Let's say you play in Ukraine at 8pm on a Thursday. Won't get back to U.K until 3-4am so sleep and training for the Friday is disrupted. You are then unlucky and get an away trip to Newcastle or Southampton on the Sunday so another 3-4 hours on a coach (unless you fly but we need to watch our carbon footprint these days....😉). It just drains you and takes toll.

Of course Wolves could give themselves more help by having a much bigger squad but it's simply something Nuno dosen't want to do.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

Well that’s just not true at all. 

I don’t know what being in league one has to do with our current squad which has one player in it from that time.

Absolutely no one thinks we’re Barcelona, but we’re rightly enthused about the last couple of seasons and the trajectory we seem to be on.

Theres plenty of negativity on Molineux Mix. I’m sorry you can’t stand us. I think you’re all great. 

You seem one of the decent ones, but the ones I've encountered on social media have just really hacked me off. I don't mind friendly banter and bashing, but some of the comments have been plain hostile and aggressive and for absolutely no reason as far as I can see. We've never really been rivals up to this point.

Just now, Villarocker said:

That Connor Coady looked real international quality today 😂

They all looked like they’d be frauds at conference level today to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

You seem one of the decent ones, but the ones I've encountered on social media have just really hacked me off. I don't mind friendly banter and bashing, but some of the comments have been plain hostile and aggressive and for absolutely no reason as far as I can see. We've never really been rivals up to this point.

Yeah I agree. Twitter especially is bloody horrible. 

It’s not just Villa though, it’s been similar with Watford for a few years. 

1 hour ago, Andy81 said:

as they say " there ain't nowt queerer than folk" .......There are plenty of reasonable Villa Fans, as there are plenty of reasonable Wolves fans, best to give the unreasonable ones a wide berth.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Twitter is a bad barometer of fans, loads of Villa are odious pricks on there as well. In fact when Bury went bust one of the first comments was a bloke with a Villa profile pic revelling in it, it’s not representative.

That said Molineux Mix has a disturbingly bitter obsession toward us, even when we didn’t consider there existence. The Villa thread seems to have disappeared but they have one on Grealish with a load of them saying he was deservedly booked for diving 😂 

• Like 2

Yeah Twitter is just full of the dumbest people in existence. I'm constantly astonished at the levels of pure dumbassery I see on that site.

Forums are a better barometer because they're better moderated and you generally have to put more thought into what you say when you're not limited to 280 characters. And for all that, Molineux Mix might as well be Twitter. The obsession is real.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Does your feud with Watford predate last season’s semi final?  What’s the origin of it?

Â