Jimzk5

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

No way are they going down if nothing else cos Luton and Sheffield will be taking up the bottom spots. So one to play for and about 6 that could fill it

3 to 4 years of circling the drain while we take 6 points off them would be nice

The 3 other West Midlands teams back to their natural position of absolute nothing clubs doing nothing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont think people realise what  a miss neves is going to be for them 

That's going to be horrific for them 

Honest I think moutinho is even worse, 2 quality CMs gone, I always thought its what they had over us

All this "mind the gap" rubbish was really odd...

I just looked it up, in my 45 years on this earth Wolves have finished above Villa four times. Only FOUR.

Three of them were in the period between 2015 and 2021 because we were the worst we'd been in sixty years.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont think people realise what  a miss neves is going to be for them 

That's going to be horrific for them 

Don't get me wrong we will miss him but in the two games where he was suspended at the back end of last season we won both games against Chelsea and Brentford. Lemina has been excellent for us and Joao Gomes looks a terrific prospect in the matches he has played so far.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Honest I think moutinho is even worse, 2 quality CMs gone, I always thought its what they had over us

Moutinho barely played at all over the final third of last season apart from a few cameos from the bench. He was a brilliant signing, arguably the best £5m the club ever spent however his age finally caught up with him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

Seems like a lot of teams below us are regressing. Fulham, Wolves, Palace. Could have a fairly sizeable gap between us and them this season.

You'd think West Ham would improve but they'll still be playing Thursday-Sunday, have the Rice void to solve and not sure what their plan is upfront given Scammaca and Antonio will probably leave and Ings was just a stop gap signing to keep them up.

Still think Moyes will probably leave November-December as he'll be under pressure again if they start slowly.

1 hour ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Don't get me wrong we will miss him but in the two games where he was suspended at the back end of last season we won both games against Chelsea and Brentford. Lemina has been excellent for us and Joao Gomes looks a terrific prospect in the matches he has played so far.

Are you not going to move Matheus Nunes centrally?

All that hype over him after his debut at Spurs and then it was six months of seemingly underwhelming performances bar a wonder goal v Chelsea. For 40m + got to be running the show in midfield this season unless you're going to do a late flip on him.

4 hours ago, Xela said:

While i'm not full of sympathy, it just goes to show how disastrous the Chinese foray into West Mids football was. All 4 teams suffered to some degree.

Correct.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Are you not going to move Matheus Nunes centrally?

All that hype over him after his debut at Spurs and then it was six months of seemingly underwhelming performances bar a wonder goal v Chelsea. For 40m + got to be running the show in midfield this season unless you're going to do a late flip on him.

It will depend on the system that the manager decides is best for the new season but I don't think he'll be trusted as part of a 2 man central midfield pairing. He likes to beat his man and carry the ball forward which was fine in Portugal but against pressing Premier League sides made him a liability at times. His passing is erratic too so he got parked on the right hand side of midfield and did OK there with cover behind him. Lopetegui used him in a 3 man midfield the other night so maybe that could be the plan for August. There's a player in there but we certainly haven't got the best out of him yet.

As for flipping him, it was widely reported that a deal was in place with Liverpool for him to go there at the end of the first year of his contract in England but then it was mentioned that we had taken some sort of option to prevent it from happening. None of the current cashflow issues ring true if we could have flipped him for £45m and we're turning down £30m bids for Max Kilman.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

While i'm not full of sympathy, it just goes to show how disastrous the Chinese foray into West Mids football was. All 4 teams suffered to some degree.

The last 6 years have been more successful have than anything we have seen since the early eighties so whilst there is a degree of angst amongst the fan base that Fosun have decided to rein back there spending, there tenure at the club has been good. I agree that the ownership of the other 3 teams has bordered on being disastrous for all of them. 

15 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

All this "mind the gap" rubbish was really odd...

I just looked it up, in my 45 years on this earth Wolves have finished above Villa four times. Only FOUR.

Three of them were in the period between 2015 and 2021 because we were the worst we'd been in sixty years.

It’s exactly the reason why they got so excited about it and made up a song to celebrate.

Same as the Baggies with that pride of the Midlands bullsh@t.

Them being above us is actually very rare no matter what they try to tell us while it’s actually happening….

They’ll be fine, comfortable mid table as long as lopetegui is there. He’s an elite manager.

However if a Saudi club came in now, or a bigger club sacked their manager mid season then I make them 3/4th favourites to go down. 
That’s how good he is. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

They’ll be fine, comfortable mid table as long as lopetegui is there. He’s an elite manager.

However if a Saudi club came in now, or a bigger club sacked their manager mid season then I make them 3/4th favourites to go down. 
That’s how good he is. 

You can't polish a turd though, he can only take them so far.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

People keep saying Lopetegui is an elite manager but he really isn't

He did well at Sevilla but failed at Porto and was on the way to do similar at Real

Emery failed at PSG and Moscow. Doesn’t mean he’s not elite. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

People keep saying Lopetegui is an elite manager but he really isn't

He did well at Sevilla but failed at Porto and was on the way to do similar at Real

Unless there’s a structure behind him (Monchi) he’s rubbish. I don’t think he has any sense in the transfer market  and needs a certain type of player to succeed . He does have a fantastic record against Emery though.

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Emery failed at PSG and Moscow. Doesn’t mean he’s not elite. 

He didn’t fail at PSG he’s their most successful manager ever. Nobody would do well at Moscow there’s a part in his book El Maestro about how terrible his working conditions were at Moscow 

• Like 4

Percy and Athletic both published reports today that they still need to sell more players to break even despite having already raised ninety million from player sales, and then will have to bring in more on top of that to raise money for transfers, it's why Creswell transfer hasn't gone ahead yet, and won't be able to sign Scott until they can raise some serious funds, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Kilman, Bueno, or Nunes sold if the get a big money bid, if not going to have to see if they can sell a bunch of fringe players.

Edited by useless
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, useless said:

Percy and Athletic both published reports today that they still need to sell more players to break even despite having already raised ninety million from player sales, and then will have to bring in more on top of that to raise money for transfers, it's why Creswell transfer hasn't gone ahead yet, and won't be able to sign Scott until they can raise some serious funds, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Kilman, Bueno, or Nunes sold if the get a big money bid, if not going to have to see if they can sell a bunch of fringe players.

Maybe we should make a offer for neto 👀

Â