January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

A very good example of why you and Mazrim were essentially reading from the same page even though you were both convinced you were mortally opposed.

You both knew a bit of information and took a view on it, but nobody except the few involved can know everything

True - although £1.5m on one player and the possibility of one other - a grand total of say £3m, is not the level of spending that Mazrim seemed to indicate was available. If we had signed Sissoko and Samba, say, I would have admitted he was on to something but finding a few quid down the back of the sofa is not really the "transfer pot" he was hinting at in my mind

The information I got mid-way through the window was around the time we enquired about Sissoko. I heard from two seperate and reliable sources that any talk of £4-£6m signings or wages north of 15-20k was never going to happen. I understand that Lambert at the time only wanted to bring in players who could hit the ground running and so I was told we were not buying anyone - unless the situation changed dramatically (I obviously got loads of abuse for my "unless the situation changes" but that is the nature of the transfer window)

I've not heard anything of note since then but I'm not at all surprised given the last few results that Lambert has now changed his view and is willing to bring in a couple more bargain basement buys who will definitly be gambles

As I said elsewhere Lambert is soon going to be hit with the "Why buy Sylla and not Sissoko?" rants - it will be interesting to see if people realise that Sissoko is on £75k a week and Sylla a fraction of that (maybe £15k)

Are Villa trying for a double unveiling or something? It seems weird that Yacouba Sylla is as good as confirmed he's got his squad number, had his picture taken with the shirt but still no official confirmation. Is there another player we are hoping to get in before announcing both to the World? 

In other words:

How

Many

Chairs

???

:)

• Like 1

Nothing to do with a change of heart. There has been and is money available to Lambert all window.

What might alter that further is if Bent leaves today. That could mean we can get an extra player or two in or perhaps a better standard of player.

I still think there will be at least one, possibly two more players in even if Bent stays. 

And if a loan is part of that, who cares as long as they're good enough.

How much?

The way you were hinting earlier in the window was that he had a decent transfer pot to play with. £1.5m is neither here nor there.

Several places have said that we are also after a cb. Rolando has been thrown around but there is some agent issues(?)

Also heard about Jones but I doubt that is going to happen.

Rolando has signed for Napoli - maybe it's chester from hull who was mentioned a while back? turned down a new contract apparently

Rumours are rife that PF is on the hunt to purchase a Football Champoionship ground review book because the 3 idiots in charge of this club are sending us there, Thanks fellas least Paul Lambert will be in the history books of Aston villa for ever first manager to take us outta top flight. This has been an utter utter sham and I for one am binning my season ticket. Why dont we ever do things early Dunney is out got rid of Dumb and dumber at full back we are short in defence sort this mess out for god sale you inept meths.

Rumours are rife that PF is on the hunt to purchase a Football Champoionship ground review book because the 3 idiots in charge of this club are sending us there, Thanks fellas least Paul Lambert will be in the history books of Aston villa for ever first manager to take us outta top flight. This has been an utter utter sham and I for one am binning my season ticket. Why dont we ever do things early Dunney is out got rid of Dumb and dumber at full back we are short in defence sort this mess out for god sale you inept meths.

lol

How much?

The way you were hinting earlier in the window was that he had a decent transfer pot to play with. £1.5m is neither here nor there.

Here he is :D

'we WONT sign anyone'.. 'unless something changes'..'my final word is that we WONT sign anyone!'

Hilarious.

I would love someone to quote all the arrogant people in this thread stating, as fact, that we're not signing anyone and hurling insults to anyone who suggested a player to sign. Then put it next to a picture of Sylla when he signs.

:huh:

Can you give the season ticket to me? It would be like recycling, which is for the good of the world.

Oh, and you're being a nob (but can I still have your ticket) :)

Here he is :D

'we WONT sign anyone'.. 'unless something changes'..'my final word is that we WONT sign anyone!'

Hilarious.

I would love someone to quote all the arrogant people in this thread stating, as fact, that we're not signing anyone and hurling insults to anyone who suggested a player to sign. Then put it next to a picture of Sylla when he signs.

Hairyhands admitted he was on a stupid **** windup last night.

So you all thinks its acceptable then well done good for you it aint acceptable for me and majority of the rest. Top flight was with reference to premiership.

Baker

Vlaar

Lichaj

Bennett

Lowton

clark

herd

Great defenders the above aint they check mate relegation here we come and as for being a nob I travel from Essex every home game so you can see why this does my nut in