January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

"I wouldn't trust Lambert to spend any more money Lerner that was to give him. I suspect Lerner may well feel the same way".

We have everything to lose Londonlax if he does not give him some money to try to change things. He will not provide any money and what other manager would come in at this stage? Even Brian Clough would struggle to keep this squad up without bringing players in. The owner is prepared to take a big risk but we will be the ones watching the likes of Charlton at Villa Park next season rather than Chelsea and he does not even turn up to watch them.

Edited by John

We need an entire overhaul of the team...the only players worth keeping are Guzan, Vlaar(?), Westwood, Weimann and Benteke.

Gabby doesn't score enough, Bent doesn't offer anything without wingers.

The young lads aren't up to it, Westwood apart.

I also have lost pretty much all faith in Lambert being the man to change things, although making a change is hardly going to improve things.

I don't blame Lerner for not investing more, it's all been wasted so far

Lambert is the only manager that has made signings that will turn a profit. 

Houllier got bent who will return a loss but makes up for it in keeping us up and consistantly scoring, makoun has been a disaster. Mcleish signed given,hutton and zogbia for 20m and we will be lucky to make 5m back off them.  at least lamberts signings show promise and givin the right backing Ive confidence he would sign good players as well as good investments.

the board are the clowns that put them managers in place and sanctioned the deals... they even signed ireland all by themselves. **** joke

Edited by Bunnski

i dont care who played tonight... but hutton, warnock, bennett, makoun, delph, bannan, ireland and delfouneso, please fu ck off, youre all the cancer of this club

many thanks

Edited by Robbie09

Why have we imploded so badly over the past month or so? We were not doing too badly before Christmas (not great... But not awful) and with a couple of wins could have been mid table.

After last season, I did not think it would get worse.... And like many on here, was happy to see the back of Collins, with Warnock/Hutton being shown the door.... But do I wish they were back playing for us? A bit!!

I've always been a proud Villa supporter and have always stayed positive and looked for the good points. Really struggling now... I hate to see the club I've supported (and always will) for 30 year become a joke.... I could live with going down, if the team was being outplayed or we appeared to want to fight for a survival. But we are not, we are just giving away every game!

We don't just need new faces to boost depth/quality/experience, we need them to boost moral! We look beat from the kick off... All just waiting for the first corner/set peice to witness the next goal to be conceded. I don't think the youngsters bought in are as dire as it currently appears... I think (hope) it's down to there moral being shot to shit!

Without new players coming in, to boost every aspect of our game, I can't see us getting another win.. May hold on to get a couple of draws... I would be happy with a clean sheet...

It's a sad time to be a Villa supporter...

Lambert is the only manager that has made signings that will turn a profit. 

Houllier got bent who will return a loss but makes up for it in keeping us up and consistantly scoring, makoun has been a disaster. Mcleish signed given,hutton and zogbia for 20m and we will be lucky to make 5m back off them.  at least lamberts signings show promise and givin the right backing Ive confidence he would sign good players as well as good investments.

the board are the clowns that put them managers in place and sanctioned the deals... they even signed ireland all by themselves. **** joke

Some sense there. But its all burn the witch time down here.

You can get all the managers you like, but the "wet behind the ears"  attitude of our board is leading us to disaster.

Lambert has made mistakes, but if you keep changing manager what do you expect !

We need an entire overhaul of the team...the only players worth keeping are Guzan, Vlaar(?), Westwood, Weimann and Benteke.

Gabby doesn't score enough, Bent doesn't offer anything without wingers.

The young lads aren't up to it, Westwood apart.

I also have lost pretty much all faith in Lambert being the man to change things, although making a change is hardly going to improve things.

I don't blame Lerner for not investing more, it's all been wasted so far

Jesus we've already just overhauled the bloody team, should we do that every 6 months with a bottomless pit of cash?

We are in a right mess now even if we were trying to do something in the transfer market.

I mean it was there for all to see we needed reinforcements after the Chelsea/Spurs/Wigan debacles, so instead of being active in the first week or two of the window, we wait until it's plainly clear to any players we might be interested in that we are a lost cause. Players know now that if they do sign for us the likelihood is they'll be playing Championship football next season, so we are now 5x less attractive a proposition than we were at the beginning of the month (and that's saying something).

Thanks a lot Lerner, clueless clearing in the woods.

Transfers... Not going to happen...

Lets face it, Lerner is not interested anymore, no one will pay him the money he has put in...

But unlike us, rather than admit defeat and sell at a loss, he will put a dust cover over Villa Park and forget about us.

Like those old Rolls Royce's they find in barns.

Don't forget, he grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth, money doesn't matter to those people like it does too us!

Unless something massive changes we are in MASSIVE trouble.

Does anyone have Prince William's phone number? He can either play defensive midfield or buy the club?

We don't just need new faces to boost depth/quality/experience, we need them to boost morale! We look beat from the kick off... All just waiting for the first corner/set peice to witness the next goal to be conceded. I don't think the youngsters bought in are as dire as it currently appears... I think (hope) it's down to there morale being shot to shit!

Totally this.

As for spending any funds available for replacing the manager instead, well that's brilliant. Turd not shiny? Sack the polisher.

(fwiw I realise I have no more idea than anyone else whether sacking Lambert would work or not, but I doubt it. A CDM would seem like a more sensible use of Lerner's last few pennies at this point though, no matter what you think of PL.)

• Like 1

I wouldn't trust Lambert to spend any more money Lerner that was to give him. I suspect Lerner may well feel the same way.

dont see why. Salt him off for poor tactics if you want, for not being able to set a team up to defend set pieces, for strange substitutions do all that, but you can't have a go at his signings. For me his signings have been our better players this season and if we were to sell them we'd get far more than we paid for them. That alone means they are decent signings , return on investment.
  • Like 1

"I wouldn't trust Lambert to spend any more money Lerner that was to give him. I suspect Lerner may well feel the same way".

We have everything to lose Londonlax if he does not give him some money to try to change things. He will not provide any money and what other manager would come in at this stage? Even Brian Clough would struggle to keep this squad up without bringing players in. The owner is prepared to take a big risk but we will be the ones watching the likes of Charlton at Villa Park next season rather than Chelsea and he does not even turn up to watch them.

top post john, I wish you would post more often mate the voice of reason.

dont see why. Salt him off for poor tactics if you want, for not being able to set a team up to defend set pieces, for strange substitutions do all that, but you can't have a go at his signings. For me his signings have been our better players this season and if we were to sell them we'd get far more than we paid for them. That alone means they are decent signings , return on investment.

3 defenders and worst defence in the league.

Created a squad and team worse than the awful season last year.

The only positive is they are on low wages but who the **** cares if it results in relegation?

but you can't have a go at his signings. For me his signings have been our better players this season and if we were to sell them we'd get far more than we paid for them. That alone means they are decent signings , return on investment.

I think his signings are one of the main reasons to have a go. I don't think we'd get a profit on anyone but Benteke and Westwood.

- As BJ10 said, he's signed 3 defenders and we have the worst defence in the Premier League.

- The Bowery signing was pointless. No matter how little he is on (£5k a week), that would've been better spent maybe trying to bring in a better quality of player somewhere else.

- Signed 2 fullbacks when they weren't a priority position.