January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

People keep saying he wouldn't come here. Why?

He joined Galatasaray for £8.3m and £120k / week wages. He didn't want to go there but was forced out of Inter and the wages helped soften the blow.

If we gave Inter the same £8.3m tx fee and gave Sneijder £60k / week wages with a £2m signing bonus, then when he has to choose between the Premier League or Turkey, why would he not choose us?

Give him a 2 year contract with a release clause to allay any relegation fears and he's sorted.

I fail to see your logic apart from a simple dismissive 'he wouldn't come here'.

Can I have some of what your on?

• Like 1

People keep saying he wouldn't come here. Why?

He joined Galatasaray for £8.3m and £120k / week wages. He didn't want to go there but was forced out of Inter and the wages helped soften the blow.

If we gave Inter the same £8.3m tx fee and gave Sneijder £60k / week wages with a £2m signing bonus, then when he has to choose between the Premier League or Turkey, why would he not choose us?

Give him a 2 year contract with a release clause to allay any relegation fears and he's sorted.

I fail to see your logic apart from a simple dismissive 'he wouldn't come here'.

Dear God

We're not buying anybody :bang:

The January window has always been a Mexican stand-off scenario . With the way things seem to be going at Villa I thought to myself that we would sign someone on the first few days or the last few days with nothing in between . I'll not be too fussed until Feb 1st tbh.

Edited by Brumerican

Yeah well in all honesty If we hadn't sacked Houllier we would have had alot of these players you are all now ruing missing out on and creaming yourselves about. I was one of those who was not in a haste to get rid of him, would have even rathered McCallister had stayed on at the time and had Gerard as some sort of Advisor using his contacts.

Yeah well in all honesty If we hadn't sacked Houllier we would have had alot of these players you are all now ruing missing out on and creaming yourselves about. I was one of those who was not in a haste to get rid of him, would have even rathered McCallister had stayed on at the time and had Gerard as some sort of Advisor using his contacts.

He wasnt sacked.

Yeah I agree. We would've had stability as well which is something we've sorely missed.

That said I'm not sure it would have been wise to keep him on after the heart problems but I'm not a medical expert so I can't speak too much about that. Would've been best for all involved if he'd never gotten ill again in the first place.