January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Not such how accurate link for Ireland to Norwich is but with 18months left on contract I would imagine we are looking to shift him.No hope in hell of us giving him a new contract,given how much his wages have been and his value in the transfer it feels like we gave Milner away for free !

Fans really do talk our club down - 100% fact MON met with Sneidjer when Randy was giving him oodles and Wes was

very impressed with set up - we came very close to a deal so was told. Unfortunately Real Madrid came in for him & the rest was history.

Like Dean Saunders said who I see has joined Wolves - Aston Villa are as big as Liverpool, they just don't know it!

Hoping the Xmas stuffings & what's been going on has made Lerner see that he needs to back Lambert a little more

as James Nursey article intimated a few days ago.

Trouble is with you saying that is non of us saw the summer transfers coming until they were announced. Don't panic just yet.

Trouble is we needed players in for Southampton which is an

Absolute cup final.

Absolute cup final.

1or 2 before Southampton would have been great but I think the 4 players that returned from injury against Ipswich will give the whole team a lift. We now have a few options again.

Absolute cup final.

1or 2 before Southampton would have been great but I think the 4 players that returned from injury against Ipswich will give the whole team a lift. We now have a few options again.

Fans really do talk our club down - 100% fact MON met with Sneidjer when Randy was giving him oodles and Wes was

very impressed with set up - we came very close to a deal so was told. Unfortunately Real Madrid came in for him & the rest was history.

Like Dean Saunders said who I see has joined Wolves - Aston Villa are as big as Liverpool, they just don't know it!

Hoping the Xmas stuffings & what's been going on has made Lerner see that he needs to back Lambert a little more

as James Nursey article intimated a few days ago.

I thought it was JG that said that...

His contract hasn't got that long to run - his confidence is clearly shot & maybe a fresh start under a very decent manager might be the ticket

A big fish in a small pond might suit some egos as well.

If Villa maybe help out with wages a bit aka Liverpool did with Cole so we can have Johhny Howson for CM who Lambert knows inside out &

knows exactly what he'll get from him.

Makes sense to me? Who knows?

Maybe, but I can't see Villa subsiding player salaries like Man City or Liverpool unless we pay the difference in lump sum or give Ireland big enough "Loyalty bonus" to make up the difference.

I would absolutely love to get a flair player who would bring back excitement to Villa Park, we haven't had one in ages.

Absolute cup final.

Yeah it is CI agree 100% & I'm sure Lambert & Lerner are aware of that.

Wouldn't it be great if we all had a massive lift & got a few more bums on seats for Saturday as well!

Maybe, but I can't see Villa subsiding player salaries like Man City or Liverpool unless we pay the difference in lump sum or give Ireland big enough "Loyalty bonus" to make up the difference.

I would absolutely love to get a flair player who would bring back excitement to Villa Park, we haven't had one in ages.

So would I - a Brazilian Cortina flying round Villa Park :)

but what we NEED is a really decent CM/DM - to protect the back four - Manchester United haven't got one & they're

shipping goals just the same! They're just scoring more than the oppositon.

Firstly Great to see you back on Julie B... secondly the Southampton game is indeed simply huge. They have the upper hand after stuffing us 4-1 earlier this term & of course will be much fresher than us. It's a tough one & they will see it as a must win too. It's our defence which is the main concern of course so i agree.. we ideally need someone in.

I cannot recall a Villa team that implodes so easily when things don't go as planned. We seem just about ok when we go 1 down later in the game but if we either concede early, or go 2 down we implode.

Like I keep saying - Henke is supposed to be one of the top rated scouts in Europe isn't he - it was a bit of a coup for us.

So why pay him a salary & then we don't sign anyone from Europe??!!!

Within a few weeks we signed Benteke... He's had 6 months to scout some more, so maybe he's found one or two?

Who knows but I have had whisper - he's bin busy!

As much as I would hope that we get 1 or 2 before the Saints game, I think Gabby, Bent, N'Zogbia, Baker and potentially Westwood returning has given us a bit of a boost and more options. Right when we needed it.

So would I - a Brazilian Cortina flying round Villa Park :)

but what we NEED is a really decent CM/DM - to protect the back four - Manchester United haven't got one & they're

shipping goals just the same! They're just scoring more than the oppositon.

I'd say we desperately need both, we seriously lack the player to link up play between attack and midfield. Ireland has done that well in some games but he isn't worth the salary we pay him so we need to replace him. The lack of the goals in the league is precisely because we don't have anyone to play between strikers and midfield.

I really hope Lambert gets at least three players; central defender, defending midfielder and attacking midfielder.

:D I suppose he was signing with Peter Whittingham too I guess?

100% fact MON met with Messi in his second season and he was well impressed with the facilities he saw. They were both on holiday in Dubai.

Edited by Pilchard

:D I suppose he was signing with Peter Whittingham too I guess?

100% fact MON met with Messi in his second season and he was well impressed with the facilities he saw. They were both on holiday in Dubai.

Morning Pilchard :wave:

off to Bradford tomorrow?

I am - can't wait!

What we need is really a whole new back four and whole new midfield..because the current one are the worst i have ever seen in my 25 years of following the villa

I hope randy understands the seriousness of the situation...becuase without atleast 3 quality defensive players coming in this window i honestly think we will get relegated

The last 4 games we could had let in over 35 goals..

I think we have enough fire power in the squad Bent ,Benteke and Weimann have all scored in last 2 matches it's keeping the goals out. Intresting that Spurs might be signing Lewis Holtby this window could perhaps free up Parker.

Yep Herd\Clark or Clark\baker at the centre of defence - Lamberts almost spoilt for choice.