January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Interesting that the Lescott rumours seem to be true, but all dependent on money.

I imagine after City said nobody will leave they wont be subsidising any of his wages, so when Lambert talks about the money aspect it will be based on Lescott taking a pay cut, a substantial one.

I know we're desperate but we dont want another Ireland on our hands, a high earning useless player.

I don't see either Lescott or Parker coming even if the rumours are true. Not sure about Nursey to be honest, nice enough chap but not exactly the font of all knowledge .

So let's see what Day 4 brings.

Might all be red herrings anyway - & the real business at B6 is being done behind closed doors

I think lescott would be a great signing. However it does not make sense for what AVFC are trying to do. Buying someone for £8m, probably paying them £50k pw. He is 30 years old and will have no resale value? Then again if he keeps us up...

I think Lescott would be a similar signing to when we signed Bent but not as expensive in fee. He might just be the difference in us staying up, he comes with plenty of experience, is of a proven quality which we lack and if he has the right attitude then he could be a good influence on our relatively young inexperienced team. 8-10 mil I think is about the right pice, its the Jan window so thats probably added a couple of mil and although he'd have little resale value after his time here if he helps keep us in the premier league then I think the TV money next year will more than make up for any resale value he'll lose. Wages are the only concern but if he was come here on 50-60K a week and we can move on Dunne, Ireland, Given, Hutton and Warnock either now or in the summer then I don't see a major problem.

God not the whole smoke and mirrors suggestion again!!

No idea...just saying it's all speculation on James Nursey's part..Who knows.

Lambert sprung one or two surprises in the Summer - be nice if he did this window ie anotha Benteke

Klasnic scored goals in the Prem. Against sides like Man City, Liverpool and us.

Stephens has made 85 appearances, mainly in League 1 and 2 and is so good Oldham loaned him out twice.

As for your other post, I've not said they are shit. I am of the opinion they are not good enough for a club like Aston Villa. An 8-0 drubbing at Chelsea and losing 0-3 at home to Wigan backs me up. Before you mention the 3-1 win at Anfield, Mcleish won 3-1 at Stamford Bridge last year - built well on that didn't he.

Lescott would be a great signing but don't see it as we are 'trying to get the wages down'

Are you seriously suggesting Klasnic??? What about Michael Owen??? or Robbie Fowler???

Liking the fact the Lescott rumors are starting look more true than now, yes it's bucking the Lambert trend of young players but we can't have a squad full of 20-24 year olds we need the experienced heads like Guzan, Vlaar, Gabby, Bent(unless he leaves) and now maybe Lescott.

After Lescott I'd assume we would look at younger quality players to bring in, like Stephens, Luis Cavanda, Moussa Sissoko (Doubt we will get him, there will be so much competition), Hooper and Aubameyang.. (Not saying we will get al those in :P they are examples).

Benteke and Vlaar will prove to be astute signings but the rest seems to have just been plucked at wildly.

Lambert had to fill 8 positions for £18m - who did you think we were going to sign??

Lowton, Westwood, Bennett, Guzan all look like they will be excellent VFM. Bowery (as was stated when he signed) was bought for the future not as a first-choice replacement (we have Gabby, Weimann, Bent and Delfounesco also so we are not relying on Bowery). Only KEA looks a poor buy so far but things can still change there

We did have the whole Dempsey saga. We were never really after him

We had a bid accepted..

Are you seriously trying to suggest that it was all a ruse just to appease the fans or something? If so, that's total rubbish.

We did have the whole Dempsey saga. We were never really after him

Hey?

Didn't Fulham confirm live on SSN that Fulham had accepted a bid of AVFC? I can't beleive we'd Fax a bid & not want the player!

Anyhows PL has mentioned Lescott at today's PC according to Father Abraham but it'll be down to wages I guess.

This quote is welcoming;

"People go on about age and all that. If players want to do it and are hungry then we're open to that. I'll just see, I'll wait and see."

I think that shows he's realised signing just young players is not a very good idea.