General England thread

kurtsimonw

I hope England lose, fail to qualify for the world cup, and Hodgson gets sacked.

Edit. Drunk reply.

Edited by av1

I dont understand the mentality of wanting your country or team to lose. If dont care then dont watch it. Im pretty sure you wouldnt get this reaction on an Italian, German or French forum about their national team

What's the situation with Montenegro injuries, I read that Jovetic and Vucnic are both doubtful? Mind you both missed the last game at Wembley and they drew 0-0.

I feel England will win both games, neither will be pretty and England I reckon will struggle to even get past the group stages at the world cup but they will qualify.

Not sure Ukraine will beat Poland at home so that will help things.

Baines has been very disappointing whenever he's had a chance, hopefully this time is different.

We seem to struggle for goals, but you have to imagine at home with the form Rooney, Lambert and Sturridge are in that we could find 1/2 a game?

Welbeck will start ahead of Lambert given the fuss when he couldn't play the Ukraine game.

Whilst I don't really rate Welbeck, I don't think a front three of Rooney lambert Sturridge would work anyway. So for welbeck would be better suited with those two

Wilshere - "Keep England English"

How long until somebody plays the racism card?

It does have racial undertones.

irresponsible thing to say as Rahim Sterling wasnt born in England but will be playing for England, or is it ok for him because he has a more english sounding name?

How about Owen Hargreave and John Barnes?

Is it only by birth that you should be able to represent your country? A fair few of the GB olympic team wouldnt classify then either.

Lambert is terrible and shouldn't be anywhere near the team, Wellbeck is marginally better, but that's not saying much.

Lambert is hardly terrible. Well, he is if you compare him to Ronaldo. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â