Has anyone else read this...

Delphinho123

Sorry if this has already been discussed but just found this online and it made my blood boil...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19924802

Thoughts?

(apologise for the link)

Rangers chief executive Charles Green predicts European overhaul

Chief executive Charles Green believes Rangers will be involved in the formation of a new European league.

Green's consortium relaunched the Ibrox club after the former incarnation could not be saved from liquidation.

Continue reading the main story

“I'm convinced it will happen because otherwise where will the revenues for the top come from”

Charles Green on a European league

Rangers currently play in Scottish Football League Division Three.

"There will be a European league because big teams can't keep subsidising small teams for the next 10 years because they will go stale," said Green.

"Arsenal don't want to play Southampton or Swansea, but ask them if they want to play Celtic or Rangers. It's what the fans want to see.

"Fans across the world want to see Manchester United play Barcelona, not just once every few years but every season."

Green is convinced Rangers would be part of any new European league.

"If there are two divisions of 18 clubs, how could Rangers not be a part of that?" he asked. "I'm convinced it will happen because otherwise where will the revenues for the top come from? These days Arsenal are struggling to sell out their game against West Ham."

Last month, BBC Scotland revealed Scottish clubs, including Rangers, were to discuss the possibility of being part of a new European regional league set-up.

Uefa is believed to be open to change as it grows increasingly concerned by the polarisation between the top clubs and top leagues.

Green added: "How can Manchester United's revenues be £320m and Aston Villa, who are completely useless, get £250m?

"What Manchester United put into world football is massive, but what they take out of it is a joke and they won't put up with that for much longer."

i don't think the prospect of a european super league is too farfetched. they could just nab the NFL format and have the superrich flying all over europe.

but i do think it is unlikely and will only really be used as a warning to UEFA incase Platini wants to get tough on certain clubs about their finances.

neither us nor rangers will be in the it anyway, so best carry on with our business.

Villa useless, from someone affialiated with a third division Rangers side? What an absolute moron. Ask any Arsenal fan if they want to see their team play against Rangers. I have no doubt what the answer will be. Some people are just deluded, in particular Celtic and Rangers who think that the SPL is anywhere near the level of the top divisions in Europe. Scottish football is abysmal. What a dick.

"How can Manchester United's revenues be £320m and Aston Villa, who are completely useless, get £250m?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19924802

Absolutely laughable. He talks like they're big and mighty when they're playing in the - wait for it - 3rd division of a country that is themselves useless in football? How ironic.

It's precisely the mentality of deluded clowns like him that they went bankrupt and are where they are now. Deservedly so and long may their "big club" stay there.

Absolutely laughable. He still thinks they're big and mighty when they're playing in the - wait for it - 3rd division of a country that is themselves useless in football? How ironic.

It's precisely the mentality of deluded clowns like him that they went bankrupt and are where they are now. Deservedly so and long may their "big club" stay there.

youve got to love the scotish, living in a bubble lol

celtic and rangers might be the best clubs in scotland, but they still only compare to our championship level at most, other scotland teams not even that high

rangers would not be good enough for any euro league, neither celtic, although theyre slightly better

The idea of an 'Atlantic League' has been around a good while, I even had a microscopic input into myself in the 90's.

The two scottish clubs felt they would be better served playing against Ajax, Crusaders, Anderlecht etc., rather than Motherwell and the likes. Trouble was, it was all about trying to be the big fish in an international minnow league. The compromise of ensuring an invitation list theat meant you were big enough to win but the opposition was big enough to draw crowds and tv coverage just proved insurmountable.

celtic and rangers might be the best clubs in scotland, but they still only compare to our championship level at most, other scotland teams not even that high

How then could they actually feature in the champions league while we haven't before. There is clearly something very flawed with this.

How then could they actually feature in the champions league while we haven't before. There is clearly something very flawed with this.

Probably because they are the champions of their respective league. Of all the flaws in modern football, this probably ranks somewhere in the opposite category

Â