Has anyone else read this...

Delphinho123

At least he apologised, though it doesn't mend much for me. Insulting a club out of the blue due to finances when your club has been expelled from it's division down to the bottom-ish of the pyramid due to administration and subsequently going bust does not give you a good platform to comment on finances anywhere else; regardless of the fact he came in afterwards.

I think I interpret GasGasGas' post differently yillan. I read it that he's saying to AndyBM that there's something wrong with his assertion that Celtic and Rangers are only Championship level given that they have appeared in the group stages of the CL and we haven't. Though I could be wrong :)

So he has sent us an apology saying "there had been no intention to cause offence". I fail to see how saying we "are completely useless" could cause anything other than offence unless we were "completely useless" and we unlike them are currently not.

I would guess that most Rangers fans would be less than pleased with this sort of comment just now. He really does need to sort his own club out before he attempts to belittle another.

I think there is a case to be made for some representation for a Scottish team in any future 2 tier super league but Celtic are now way ahead of Rangers for what would be likely to be only one place in the second league. But that would only be if such a league was to be based on geography as well as on actual or anticipated revenue. But what Villa or Rangers fan has cause for concern on the potential make up of a possible future league that neither of us would be likely to get an invitation to as things stand?

Highly likely, probably an absolute certainty that Scotland would only get one space. If you assume any such league would be formed on the basis of UEFA co-efficients, the SPL is currently sat behind the likes of the Slovakian and Belarusian leagues. Not that any of that should concern some tinpot 4th tier outfit. :D

Â