Red Dwarf X

mikeyp102

So anyone watched the first episode?

I'm glad that its back was one of my favourites growing up.

The last series haven't quite hit the heights of old, but I thought this episode was alot better and going back to the old.

Would like some questions answered after what happened at the end of series 8, but perhaps time will tell.

I'm not sure what to think really, I enjoyed it a lot but it felt like a lost episode from series 1 or 2, back when it was just a sitcom in space and not the unique entity it became from series 3 onwards. I'm glad to see it back though, hopefully this series goes well and does well enough in the ratings to warrant production of further series.

Interestingly, apparently the show was never formally cancelled, it was put on temporary hiatus while the producers attempted to get the funding for a feature length film. While that was going on, BBC had a few changes at the top and when the movie project fell through the new head-honchos chose not to carry on with it. It would have been interesting to see where the show would have gone following series 8 had that not occurred.

I missed it but most seem to agree that it's quite good. I still wonder whether that was because expectations were so low though.

Bingo. I wasn't blown away but it was good enough to warrant a chance for Ep 2, and I really wasn't expecting to watch that.

Bingo. I wasn't blown away but it was good enough to warrant a chance for Ep 2, and I really wasn't expecting to watch that.

Yeah my thoughts to. I think most people's expectations were so low they couldn't lose. It started poor, but got into the swing in the second half.

One question, why have they put bags under Kryons eyes?

I've read that the general musing among attendees of the filmings was that Trojan was actually the second weakest episode of the series. I hope that's the case, because I really did enjoy it.

Am I right to assume this will be repeated pretty much every day from here to eternity on Dave? Because I missed it...

Well Dave has been known to repat the odd episode of programmes occassionally ;) .....It's also on their website if you need.

Really? I thought this week's wasn't as good. Maybe last weeks just had the 'wow, it's not actually shit!' factor adding to it..

I am quite pleased they've not been trying too hard (so far) with the stories.. I thought the biggest things Series 8 and Back To Earth did wrong was try make it too... adventurey...

I have always thought the best episodes were when they didn't really leave the ship (Queeg, Me2, Thanks For the Memory, White Hole) so I do like how it's going back to that style, but I am still struggling with the canned laughter.

I'm with Qwixy,

caught up with the first one and thought, whilst it started badly, it provided some really funny moments.

But thought last night's was quite shit to be honest. The whole Dave talking to himself via video thing was cringeworthy

i enjoyed this weeks. It's not canned laughter btw. It is shot in front of an audience, and it's no worse than the old episodes. I actually enjoyed the Dave to Dave chat myself. Good fun. the computer woman was a little weak, but otherwise, I'm happy so far.

i enjoyed this weeks. It's not canned laughter btw. It is shot in front of an audience, and it's no worse than the old episodes. I actually enjoyed the Dave to Dave chat myself. Good fun. the computer woman was a little weak, but otherwise, I'm happy so far.

I agree I quite liked the Dave to Dave chat...also thought the bit setting up the computer with rimmer choosing, whilst predictable in what he was going to say, was funny.

I stand by last weeks comment

So not watching the third episode then?

Â