Red Dwarf X

mikeyp102

• 2 weeks later...

I think all 3 have suffered from starting quite poorly and gradually getting better.

Means you're immediately thinking "This isn't great" when actually the second halves of them are alright.

I still think the first episode was the best so far. 2nd one was a bit shit and last week's had it's moments, but was again quite crap on the most part.

They're also recycling old plots.

Episode 2 was a re-write of Queeg and Episode 3 was no real difference from any other time-travel-changing-the-future story, which they've done several times before, and better; Timeslides, Tikka To Ride..

All episodes have had their moments, the first was definitely still the best for me, but they're still lacking the originality and great writing that series 1-6 (and parts of 7) had.

It isn't until you watch the older ones straight after that you realise just how lacking it is now. After episode 2, which I didn't think was that bad, they showed White Hole.. it wasn't even comparable how much funnier White Hole was.

The best moment of the series so far has been 'A man drives into a tree...' 'Is he Swedish?'.

For me second was the best, better storyline than others. Was really unimpressed with the third, just thought they were trying too hard..

Agree that all start poor and gradually get better. And yes definite best line is cat it's a moose...

• 3 weeks later...

I've been really impressed by this series. I don't think the stories have been quite as good as some of the older stuff, and agree about plots being recycled, but the dialogue has been razor sharp throughout. Rimmer's 'Fear' speech in the last episode had me in stitches.

Here's hoping for Red Dwarf XI.

Enjoyed yesterday's finale, the series definitely seems to have been book-ended by it's strongest episodes. Overall, it was enjoyable enough though if they get another series I'd start to expect more than simply 'better than 7/8/BTE'.

I just get the feeling that they have taken something brilliant (that IMO went on far too long - it should have been allowed to die after 7) and pissed all over it. The whole series has been a re-hash of old themes from episodes where they have done it better. The stuff with Jesus was just awful.

Like the X files - a legacy shat upon from a great height.

Â