Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

14 hours ago, leighavfc said:

Christ If Leeds go up the media and fans will be Liverpool level unbearable.....

They are still a big club in my eyes. It’s understandable why there will be a media hype, and also from their fans. It’s been a long time since they were in the top league. It’s like if we were out the top league for 15 years and we looked like being promoted, there would be extra hype because it’s been so  long. Leeds have not once made a serious attempt to get back into the prem apart from this season. The last two seasons they have flirted with the idea, and the expectation level has definitely been rising over the last 3 years, but they look the real deal this season. 

• Like 1

Spying on training sessions is not breaking the rules is it? Far worse problems in the game, such as the 'diving' that happens in every single football match, the same 'pundits' up in arms about this spying incident seem to see diving as 'clever player'. 

I anticipate a fine for their manager because he does not appear to see any problem with what they have done and might otherwise feel he can do the same again without penalty. Did they do it prior to previous games? Most likely but there will not be any points deduction and last night's result probably suits us as Derby are a more realistic target than Leeds are for us. 

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not massively bothered by the spy thing, it's wrong, butI guess it happens. There will be some sort of punishment (especially if the story of the police catching him trying to cut through a fence is true).

The keeper thing was nasty, I would hope there will be some action. Keepers seem to be allowed to do this thing where they jump with a knee of a foot in front of them as a threat and it's okay - it's one of those odd habits in the game that we need to change - if that's two outfield players going for a head and one has their leg pointed at the other ones head when he jumps it's red - keepers seem able to get away with it.

keepers get away with murder and always have. Usually a keeper is praised for wiping out attackers and defenders. Guzan on Dyer was one of the worst instances in recent times with Dyer getting a concussion in what was forgotten because Guzan missed ball and got player

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

keepers get away with murder and always have. Usually a keeper is praised for wiping out attackers and defenders. Guzan on Dyer was one of the worst instances in recent times with Dyer getting a concussion in what was forgotten because Guzan missed ball and got player

It’s weird. In the air keepers are given way too much leeway. 

But on the ground it’s the opposite. How many times have you seen a studs up collision with the keeper’s body or face and the striker gets away with it because the “ball was there to be won”. That’s never an excuse when it’s a normal tackle. 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m not really that bothered about it either way, but I’m struggling to see how people can’t see that spying on something going on behind closed doors is different than scouting players and analysing matches. 

I can see the difference, there’s just nothing to it. As I said, a load of fuss about nothing. Shrug. 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Man what i would do to have a manager like Bielsa at our club.

He got such a winning mentality and he rubs it off to his players.

We’d turn him shit, like we do with everyone we bring into the club.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He has won very little compared to his high praise in football

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

At least he will get a championship title and we will rot in the championship for many years by the looks of it.

Brilliant. 1st title in 20 years or more for him. 

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So a manager has to win titles for you to rate a manager?

You can't be a good manager as long as you don't win titles

Well for the hype he gets I expect a lot better

• Like 1

13 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Dirty sod

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Winning mentality doesn’t put the ball in the net or keeps them out of the other end. One of those football fan sayings (like dinosaur) that have no correlation.

Â