Media and punditry

BOF

Just now, JPJCB said:

He was good for 75 mins or so but then was practically tugging himself off toward the end talking about all the great nights he’d had at villa park. His comment that spurs would have preferred Villa to win to “keep united at bay” was also annoying 

I think that was just a reaction to the late goal and what teams/clubs "feel" going to certain grounds. I mean look at our record at Everton since coming up when plenty of top teams get turned over there.

Man. United six points off Spurs so they'll be looking over their shoulder a bit aswell given they have a tough away run in.

The blokes a clearing in the woods and can’t contain himself. 

it’s inevitable that a fan of a club they are commenting on will show natural bias. The true and natural personality's come out. Lee Hendrie does it. It just happens

Sky or any other tv company should make sure that the co commentators are neutral.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think that was just a reaction to the late goal and what teams/clubs "feel" going to certain grounds. I mean look at our record at Everton since coming up when plenty of top teams get turned over there.

Man. United six points off Spurs so they'll be looking over their shoulder a bit aswell given they have a tough away run in.

Maybe but he started saying it before they scored their second. It’s not the worst thing in the world but it adds to this attitude that Utd are entitled to win the game 

14 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

He was good for 75 mins or so but then was practically tugging himself off toward the end talking about all the great nights he’d had at villa park. His comment that spurs would have preferred Villa to win to “keep united at bay” was also annoying 

It was ridiculous tbh. If we had won we would have taken 4th place from Spurs.

Manure aren't brilliant all of a sudden, any team that presses their back line will get joy, we chose not to. 

12 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Maybe but he started saying it before they scored their second. It’s not the worst thing in the world but it adds to this attitude that Utd are entitled to win the game 

It's just giving insight into what players feel at certain venues. They played 11 SF fa cup matches at our ground and never lost so not just us they have the voodoo over.

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

MoTD now, Moyes needs to listen to Troy Deeney. he's taking West Ham apart and telling them what they should have done. 😂

Doesnt sound like Deeney unless he is tearing a player apart but its awkward as West Ham players are way above what he ever achieved as a player

23 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Talksport just going round in circles day after day talking about the same rubbish to fill time.

Today's debate was are Ipswich Town a bigger club than Crystal Palace.

I mean WTF.

Palace do need another huge derby to add to the heated Brighton/Palace rivalry

3 hours ago, turvontour said:

Talksport just going round in circles day after day talking about the same rubbish to fill time.

Today's debate was are Ipswich Town a bigger club than Crystal Palace.

I mean WTF.

I listen to it nearly everyday mate, or just have it on in the back ground. Andy, (Robbie Williams and david Beckham are my best pals) Goldstein, just debates rubbish. Later today it was is Saka world class and is he better than Foden?? World class, well that's a joke, not being biased, but I'd rather have Watkin's in my team.

he still thinks Emery would leave Villa for Man U in a heartbeat. They have gotta change him one day surely, you can even sense Darren Beat don't really like working with him.

2 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

TNT have got the FA cup rights from 2026 onwards.

Seems like one game per round will be free to air and that's it.

tbf one game is all we normally get in the FA Cup

Edited by imavillan

57 minutes ago, Avfc96 said:

TNT have got the FA cup rights from 2026 onwards.

Seems like one game per round will be free to air and that's it.

Media reports suggest it's 'at least two' from each round, including both semi-finals. But that's still a really shit development. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Media reports suggest it's 'at least two' from each round, including both semi-finals. But that's still a really shit development. 

Wouldn't surprise me if it was two from each round to begin with for a couple of years and then one per round and before you know it, it's only the final shown on free to air.

• Like 1

It's probably one for the games gone thread but it's hard to tell if it's because of Fa greed or the reality that it's dying on its ass and the BBC / itv bid saw no value in it

I think the most interesting thing about it is all non Saturday 3pm games are live

Might be the start of the obvious answer to getting round the blackout rule by not actually having many if any 3pm Saturday games, something the PL have done already during corona and I'm surprised they haven't revisited 

On 14/02/2024 at 19:40, foreveryoung said:

I listen to it nearly everyday mate, or just have it on in the back ground. Andy, (Robbie Williams and david Beckham are my best pals) Goldstein, just debates rubbish. Later today it was is Saka world class and is he better than Foden?? World class, well that's a joke, not being biased, but I'd rather have Watkin's in my team.

he still thinks Emery would leave Villa for Man U in a heartbeat. They have gotta change him one day surely, you can even sense Darren Beat don't really like working with him.

They're having the same is Saka better than Foden debate today. Deary me.

The options for this sort of analysis are endless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Darren Bent's missed England goal. He will go on about it for weeks now, randomly playing it, like it's funny, annoying Darrren Bent, it's just terrible radio.

Edited by foreveryoung

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Both are great players 

Neither are world class 

I bet nowhere in the debate was someone like vinicius Jr mentioned 

Â