Media and punditry

BOF

Never really thought Allison is all that, I may not watch scouse enough, but never seen him do any amazing saves, guess he dont have to with Van Dyke in Carragher's team too. Konsa has been as good if not better than Van Dyke this season. An if not Edison for top keeper, Martinez should be top if the list, world cup winner, golden glove, helped Villa to 2nd in the League behind a average defence, what more proof do you need.

Ohh, an Bowen over Watkin's, jokers surely. 

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

Cole Palmer before that Luton game on NYE had 2 goals from open play all season. It took him until almost October to get his first start, good player but you can't put him in a team of the season as it stands, the recency bias is on another level. Even Maddison deserves to be in over him. Udogie is in there and he hasn't even been the best full back at Spurs either.

Vicario

Trent Konsa VVD Robinson

Rodri Luiz

Salah Son

Watkins Haaland

Could easily change formation and swap Watkins for Bowen though. I don't think Salah's performances have been that good but he's still putting up ridiculous numbers. 

• Like 1

All about transfers now Sky asked, "will Arsenal go for a striker, or Liverpool look to bolster with losing Salah. Ange has said if they want to push on for a title challenge, they will need a few in. Man City are looking to loan out Phillips".

You sure no one else is worth a mention Sky??

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

All about transfers now Sky asked, "will Arsenal go for a striker, or Liverpool look to bolster with losing Salah. Ange has said if they want to push on for a title challenge, they will need a few in. Man City are looking to loan out Phillips".

You sure no one else is worth a mention Sky??

They're only interested in a handful of clubs. Save your subscription money. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Never really thought Allison is all that, I may not watch scouse enough, but never seen him do any amazing saves, guess he dont have to with Van Dyke in Carragher's team too. Konsa has been as good if not better than Van Dyke this season. An if not Edison for top keeper, Martinez should be top if the list, world cup winner, golden glove, helped Villa to 2nd in the League behind a average defence, what more proof do you need.

Ohh, an Bowen over Watkin's, jokers surely. 

Allison has been good whenever I've seen him, not so much highlight reel shot stopping but nailing the sweeper keeper role

Do think he will benefit from dipping for a couple of years and now being back to his best rather than just consistently performing though 

Saliba has been very good whenever I've seen him so I get that, VVD doesn't stand out anymore but he's another who benefits from just being better than last year 

Main thing for me for those 2 teams is not having rodri and Bernardo Silva in there, easily the best 2 midfielders in the league, palmer being in there is laughable, so bad that you instantly put that opinion in the bin 

C&B specs on I'd have Watkins over bowen and son, son started really well but has been quiet for a couple of months 

On 02/01/2024 at 20:40, villa4europe said:

Main thing for me for those 2 teams is not having rodri and Bernardo Silva in there, easily the best 2 midfielders in the league, palmer being in there is laughable, so bad that you instantly put that opinion in the bin 

Some have suggested Rodri has missed too many games which is a bit mad, he hasn't missed that many and the games he has missed have only proved to show how crucial he is.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 2

On 02/01/2024 at 15:46, foreveryoung said:

Never really thought Allison is all that, I may not watch scouse enough, but never seen him do any amazing saves, guess he dont have to with Van Dyke in Carragher's team too.

He's the best goalkeeper in the world

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Think he's the best I've ever seen, personally.

Neuer is the best keeper ever, won everything while also evolving the position.

You cant be a keeper now without sweeping like him

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Being the guy who evolved the position doesn't necessarily mean you're the best at it.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Being the guy who evolved the position doesn't necessarily mean you're the best at it.

He was also world class at the role for over a decade

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I agree. And he’s certainly in the conversation for best ever. But that doesn’t mean that someone hasn’t come along and got better. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I agree. And he’s certainly in the conversation for best ever. But that doesn’t mean that someone hasn’t come along and got better. 

Of course but that keeper hasn't come along yet 😉

Still Neuer and Buffon the top 2 for me ever

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Neuer is probably the closest. He just let in, comparatively, a lot more soft goals.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Didn't evolve the shithousery aspect of the position and Martinez won a World Cup using it.

He's the best, Martinez, the keeper that has had the biggest influence over winning a World Cup final.

38 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Thought only Newcastle and Sunderland were on tomorrow listenng to the good ole media all day.

Weird - I've seen/heard barely any mention of that game (bar the Newcastle signage at the Stadium Of Light).  Haven't had stuff on all day, mind.

Joey Barton with a few choice things to say on X about female pundits again. 

• Like 1

Â