Media and punditry

BOF

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Gregg's job? :D

Ha, his job was definitely under threat!

"I don't know what the fans expect"

"he's doing as well as can be expected"

"I'm refusing to write that Gerrard is under pressure because it's ludicrous"

Gerrard was sacked a couple of weeks later

• Like 2

18 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

State of the MOTD commentator implying the palace player was going to be booked after being full on booted by Foden

I actually think the ref was initially going to book the palace player for a dive before Foden gave the game away by limping 

yeah Drury is way too over the top and pretentious, he needs the classic PES/dodgy international feed pairing with Jim Beglin's incredibly tame warm bath truisms to balance him out. Can't be doing with him alongside Neville and Carragher's spittle flying everywhere

Feels like a lot of the slightly younger generation of commentators coming through have knocked the overwrought Mowbray/Drury type stuff on the head a bit and are a bit more straightforward in their style, which I am extremely here for

Elsewhere, Wrighty's retiring from MOTD and I'm gonna say it: he's one of the good ones and I'll be sorry to see him go

I think the co commentators need to be sent on courses to understand modern football. From Keown talking about childrearing to the word removed today on the Brentford game who spent most of the match with Brentford’s proverbial c*ck in his mouth. Fair enough, I suppose, we can keep going under the radar while the geordies almost ‘conquer’ Europe by crashing out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Annoyman said:

yeah Drury is way too over the top and pretentious, he needs the classic PES/dodgy international feed pairing with Jim Beglin's incredibly tame warm bath truisms to balance him out. Can't be doing with him alongside Neville and Carragher's spittle flying everywhere

Feels like a lot of the slightly younger generation of commentators coming through have knocked the overwrought Mowbray/Drury type stuff on the head a bit and are a bit more straightforward in their style, which I am extremely here for

Elsewhere, Wrighty's retiring from MOTD and I'm gonna say it: he's one of the good ones and I'll be sorry to see him go

I don't think Wright is a good commentator or analyst by any stretch but is quite direct with "as a striker this is what I'd do/where I'd be" etc. Which is more than Murphy

2 hours ago, Annoyman said:

Turns out that was former Wales international David Phillips. It added to the purgatorial nature of most of the game effectively I guess? May we never hear his voice again.

Also but who?

Is he a Brentford fan?

Just now, sidcow said:

Original BBC report described the Ben Mee red card as controversial?!?! 

Seems to have been rectified now. Someone must have had a word. 

In fairness at one stage they also reported Arsenal had beaten Brentford

I lost count of the amount of times Konsa got called Diego Carlos by the commentator today. 🤦‍♂️

And yes, I thought Welsh great David Phillips was a prat but at least he called it a red card. 

Edited by Hornso

Â