Bent, Agbonlahor

"2nd team"

Given

Herd Dunne Baker Lichaj

Westwood

Albrighton Delph

N'Zogbia

Benteke Weimann

A lot of young and new players we not know so much about. But, I'd say we are getting there.

:!:

We won't have a first team as such, PL was a huge squad rotator last season with Norwich and I expect him to be the same with us.

Do we have the depth? I don't know, we almost have enough bodies but only time will tell with the quality

Have we finally got it?

"1st team"

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Clark Bennett

KEA

Holman Bannan

Ireland

Bent, Agbonlahor

"2nd team"

Given

Herd Dunne Baker Lichaj

Westwood

Albrighton Delph

N'Zogbia

Benteke Weimann

A lot of young and new players we not know so much about. But, I'd say we are getting there.

:!:

I doubt whether Benteke has come here to play second fiddle to someone who has hardly scored over the last few seasons (Agbonlahor).

Dont read so much in the 1st and the 2nd team. I mean we finally have the bodies that can come in and do a job.

Oh, and by the way. I dont think Benteke can stroll in at villa and expect to be first choice straight away. He is not that big name yet and isnt used to the PL. I have high hopes he will be first choice in time, but not right away.

Gabby can play out wide as well remember

Yes, I've seen that a few times over the last couple of seasons. He's really good there isn't he.

Not really no but then again as he was used for his pace DEFENSIVELY its hardly shocking that he...

... has hardly scored over the last few seasons (Agbonlahor).

Also really strange is that when he did actually play upfront last season, his scoring record was ok

Looking at the squad now I'd say the one thing we do have is more versatility than of recent. You get the feeling that, although there is no outstanding match-winners in the squad, there is certainly enough depth to maintain a winning side with no more than the odd necessary tweek here and there. It will be very interesting to see how it develops with a manager who wants to success pretty badly.

Gabby can play out wide as well remember

Yes, I've seen that a few times over the last couple of seasons. He's really good there isn't he.

Not really no but then again as he was used for his pace DEFENSIVELY its hardly shocking that he...

... has hardly scored over the last few seasons (Agbonlahor).

Also really strange is that when he did actually play upfront last season, his scoring record was ok

I suppose it's what you accept/define as 'ok'.

I personally don't think he has been 'ok' in the scoring department for a number of seasons.

There is no first and second team.

Players will get picked on performance, not reputation... so its anyones guess as to what the line up will be.

Cream rises to the top, so the best players will play..... for far too long the team has picked itself.

those days are over I suspect.

There is no first and second team.

Players will get picked on performance, not reputation... so its anyones guess as to what the line up will be.

Cream rises to the top, so the best players will play..... for far too long the team has picked itself.

those days are over I suspect.

Yep, this certainly seems to be true. And I think it's a brilliant way of doing things for the factor, that you've mentioned, of cream rising to the top.

Â