Ashley Westwood

Nabby

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

when he first came on he chased after a QPR player and in trying to challenge him .....bounced off the back of him.

not sure i have ever seen that done before.....one for the coaching manuals,I guess

It was like a cannon in Billiards.:)

Could it be some sort of magnetic field thing where he is instantly repelled away from the players he is trying to tackle?

We have a fair few players who seem to have this relationship with the ball and their feet. 

Maybe we should invest in a couple of Gauss meters for our coaching staff to see if the can find anything?

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

when he first came on he chased after a QPR player and in trying to challenge him .....bounced off the back of him.

not sure i have ever seen that done before.....one for the coaching manuals,I guess

It was like a cannon in Billiards.:)

I saw it, he still hasn't worked out the fact he should go around the player and try and nick it off him...or just try and stay with him and put him under pressure until help arrives and he is crowed out....Instead all he does is put everything into trying to force him off the ball, comes steaming in... only to bounce of said player and allowing himself to be taken out of the game completely and the opposite player to gain some space and momentum.

It is like watching a dog, time and time again, come bouncing up the garden and smacking it's head off the patio door.

I am just sick to death of watching this guy.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I saw it, he still hasn't worked out the fact he should go around the player and try and nick it off him...or just try and stay with him and put him under pressure until help arrives and he is crowed out....Instead all he does is put everything into trying to force him off the ball, comes steaming in... only to bounce of said player and allowing himself to be taken out of the game completely and the opposite player to gain some space and momentum.

It is like watching a dog, time and time again, come bouncing up the garden and smacking it's head off the patio door.

I am just sick to death of watching this guy.

Turn the telly off then

Edited by tismyk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Stupid comment.

I was watching on my tablet.

Then turn off your tablet, its not rocket science as Westwood will be playing the majority of the season like it or not.

Something I noticed earlier in the season was that Westwood seemed to be the only player we had who could spot McCormack's runs and feed him the ball in dangerous positions. I think McCormack suffered today from not having Westwood to give him the ball.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, poitier said:

Something I noticed earlier in the season was that Westwood seemed to be the only player we had who could spot McCormack's runs and feed him the ball in dangerous positions. I think McCormack suffered today from not having Westwood to give him the ball.

He's literally our only midfielder who can pass the ball more than 10 yards, and has been for about 5 years now...and we wonder why he keeps getting picked by so many different managers.

Bruce tried something different today, only to end up with the worst midfield display I've probably ever seen. The passing % between Gardner and Jedinak must have been about 50% between them.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's literally our only midfielder who can pass the ball more than 10 yards, and has been for about 5 years now...and we wonder why he keeps getting picked by so many different managers.

Bruce tried something different today, only to end up with the worst midfield display I've probably ever seen. The passing % between Gardner and Jedinak must have been about 50% between them.

our centre midfield was 100 times better than vs Norwich and the only change was Gardner for Westwood in centre midfield.

their is defending Westwood and this.

• Like 3

Just now, Zatman said:

our centre midfield was 100 times better than vs Norwich and the only change was Gardner for Westwood in centre midfield.

their is defending Westwood and this.

What am I even defending him from lmao chill...it's just an observation in response to...another observation. Calm down.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

'Worst midfield display I've ever seen?' 

It wasn't even the worst within the last week. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'Worst midfield display I've ever seen?' 

It wasn't even the worst within the last week. 

Definitely hyperbole especially thanks to my horrible memory, but I can't remember the last time being so perplexed at a performance like that. Against Norwich they were completely uninvolved. Today, they were grossly incompetent to the point where it seemed like they were purposely passing to the opposition.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Definitely hyperbole especially thanks to my horrible memory, but I can't remember the last time being so perplexed at a performance like that. Against Norwich they were completely uninvolved. Today, they were grossly incompetent to the point where it seemed like they were purposely passing to the opposition.

I remember highlighting Jedinak's hopeless inability to find teammates with his passes when we signed him. He's done exactly as I expected in this department, ie very badly. Fortunately what I'm starting to see more of is what else he brings to the team. 

Gardner is, I agree, quite vexing to watch.