Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Just now, Keyblade said:

This has nothing to do with what people have posted in this thread many years ago, but instead with blaming a substitute who wasn't directly responsible for the concession of a goal...for the concession of the goal. Stop deflecting.

Point me to the part where I blamed him for the goal please?

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Blamed him for the result, same difference. Stop playing semantics.

"Is it a coincidence" is coded language for "it's his fault"

So I didn't blame him for the goal.

In fact, I merely asked a question.

Thanks for clearing that up. 

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Is WoodyTom backpedaling? 

I don't see how you came to that conclusion.

Then again I don't see how you ever came to the conclusion that Westwood was any good? 

I asked you to show me where I blamed him for the goal. You failed to do so. Why would I need to back pedal? 

In 5 years, I've never back pedalled in this thread ;)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Tbh, yours and a few others posters opinion of him has plummeted so much over the past 2 years that it's embarrassing that you're not just agreeing that he's clearly shite.

Each to their own. 

Classy. Having a different opinion to you is 'embarrassing'. 

8 hours ago, commander said:

No one is directly and solely blaming him for todays capitulation just saying it's not a coincidence. 

Did you see the game? How are you in a position to tell anyone whether it's a coincidence or not?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Classy. Having a different opinion to you is 'embarrassing'. 

Did you see the game? How are you in a position to tell anyone whether it's a coincidence or not?

I've saw enough games over the last 3 seasons to say it probably wasnt a coincidence.  If it walks like a duck and quakes like a duck it probably is a duck in my view.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Straggler said:

I have to admit that when the game ended I was ready to lash out and my first thought was to come on here and have a go at Westwood.  Then I realised that I had not seen the game therefore was not really in a position to comment on the impact tonight.  However I have been watching the Villa get worse and worse over the last 5 years and however low the standard gets Westwood rarely looks better than average and more frequently looks out of his depth.  How far down do we have to slide before he is the best player in the team?  It isn't the Championship.  I'm really pissed off right now so it is probably not a sensible time for me to get into the debate on Westy, and I'm not directly blaming him for the result tonight, but I still think he is shit.

I'm not defending Westwood in the slightest here, but I think this kind of thing is done a lot and bought into this thread. Just so easy to blame Westwood. The reaction in here has been mindblowingly over the top. We would still have conceded had Westwood come on or not, it's what we do. I agree he's not a good player, but, wow, this reaction!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I've saw enough games over the last 3 seasons to say it probably wasnt a coincidence.  If it walks like a duck and quakes like a duck it probably is a duck in my view.

'And on that basis, Mr Westwood, I find you guilty as charged'

• Like 1

Westwood is synonymous with failure and defeat.

When I saw the starting 11 last night I punched the air with a feeling of euphoria that we had finally turned a corner.

He never knocks it first time needs about 4 touches to bring it under control. can't tackle, gets brushed aside. I have to say Craig Gardner has more about him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Westwood is synonymous with failure and defeat.

When I saw the starting 11 last night I punched the air with a feeling of euphoria that we had finally turned a corner.

He never knocks it first time needs about 4 touches to bring it under control. can't tackle, gets brushed aside. I have to say Craig Gardner has more about him.

Demonstrably false

13 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

I guarantee if we saw the game out the Westwood Defence Society would be here in full force singing his praises and saying what a midfield maestro he is.

But we did concede. Because he's a **** shit football player and whenever he stinks up the first team we suffer.

Absolute garbage, it's the other way round 100% of the time - i.e: look after every single game at the amount of stick he gets in this thread.  This time he's made a 15 minute sub appearance and is getting slated.

We didn't concede because he is a shit football player.

VT is **** embarrassing at times - this thread, mainly :crylaugh: 

Edited by bobzy

I mean, if he's so shit then you'd think there'd be ample opportunity to point out that he's shit and not desperately jumping on a 15 minute cameo where he had nothing to do with? Or lie, and make up things that can easily be disproved? Surely his shittiness should stand on its own and doesn't need any extra help or prodding to come to light?

13 hours ago, astonaidan said:

Westwood is shit, I dont know how anyone can think other wise. Hes James Milner with none of the talent. A English boy who doesnt do anything wrong and is happy to play for a club like Villa. But hes still shit

All of this^^ right here. Nice lad and good pro but utter utter dog shit of a footballer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoof hearted said:

good pro but utter utter dog shit of a footballer.

I'm in the belief that these two can't happen at the same time.

For me, a good pro also works at his game. Improves his weaknesses and maximises his strengths.

After 5 years, we still don't really know what kind of midfielder he is.