Ashley Westwood

Nabby

real shame, for the lad and horrible way to get injured....

these are the games that we need to bank the points and if we're going into the next few without the top three CBs and three of our top midfielders, we're really going to struggle I think....

it was interesting to me that it was sanchez who took up the role of distributing the ball in westwood's absence rather than cleverley or Richardson...

Scan on Monday so guess we will see. Grealish just tweeted a get well soon message and said he is the most underrated player he knows.

Yet people are daft for rating him. Oh well.

Ahh of course. The juggernaut of a footballing brain that is jack grealish.

real shame, for the lad and horrible way to get injured....

these are the games that we need to bank the points and if we're going into the next few without the top three CBs and three of our top midfielders, we're really going to struggle I think....

it was interesting to me that it was sanchez who took up the role of distributing the ball in westwood's absence rather than cleverley or Richardson...

Me too. I said as much in the match thread.

I'd have expected Richardson to swap with Cleverley and Cleverley to drop to Westwood's position.

It was an interesting set up anyway. Sanchez very much the ball winner with Westwood as the water carrier, but Westwood playing noticeably deeper than Sanchez. I'd usually expect it to be the other way round.

Seemed to work yesterday.

I hope it doesn't turn out as serious as it looked, he seemed in real pain from the replays shown of the physios assessing him on the field on MOTD. Supplying and supporting Benteke is our number 1 priority in reality and Westwood plays a big role in that

Scan on Monday so guess we will see. Grealish just tweeted a get well soon message and said he is the most underrated player he knows.

Well, he is a pro not to mention trains with Westwood daily so I'd imagine he's had plenty of time to make an informed opinion.

Well, he is a pro not to mention trains with Westwood daily so I'd imagine he's had plenty of time to make an informed opinion.

Yeah the temptation to mention trains to someone from Crewe must be overwhelming.

[badum-tshhh]

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

He's probably forgotten more about football than you know. Bloke's been playing at Villa for years.

Just means you've twisted it a bit the wrong way.

Think if you were sidefooting a pass but your foot stopped and your knee kept going.

Could be nothing, could be something very bad.

As speculated earlier it's more than likely ligaments. The wait will be to see if he's strained them or ruptured them. The latter is a season ender.

Think if you were sidefooting a pass but your foot stopped and your knee kept going.

As speculated earlier it's more than likely ligaments. The wait will be to see if he's strained them or ruptured them. The latter is a season ender.

Cheers mate. Really hope he isn't out for long. Really does make the world of difference to our team.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Had a similar tackle done on me about 18 months ago, torn anterior ligament. 3 months off work, 5 months off football. Let's hope he turned out of the tackle a bit and it's not that bad.

It will be a ligament injury of some sort, just a question of which of the ligaments and what extent of damage (if any) has been done.

They will have waited until today for any immediate swelling to go down then he will be scanned.

You would hope that there is no damage, or if there is damage its to the medial or anterir rather than the cruciate but guess we will have to wait and see.

• Like 1

You would hope that there is no damage, or if there is damage its to the medial or anterir rather than the cruciate but guess we will have to wait and see.

The anterior and Medial (or posterior) are both cruciate ligaments.