Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I like Westwood but don't think he had a very good game yesterday. Which was a lot to do with us not holding on to the ball.

Agreed. He didn't have his best game yesterday but he was playing DMF and doing a lot of tracking back.  Hopefully next week he will be playing in front of The Rock and he will get more of the ball.

He was booked for a tackle but that tackle won't be on the stats as the whistle was blown for a free before that.!

Even had the whistle not gone, fouls don't register as tackles.

This adulation of Westwood is beyond me.When did he ever dictate a game?

Hes a young lad, who might turn out to be ok, but a club of Villas stature should have better 1st team players than Westwood, for me hes no better than GG.

Has Gary Gardner even played 90 minutes for us? He had potential about 3-4 years ago before spending nearly all his time out injured or being unimpressive in lower leagues on loan. I'm surprised he was given a new contract and even more surprised someone is stating He is as good if not better than someone who's been in the 1st team consistently for 2 years

He was booked for a tackle but that tackle won't be on the stats as the whistle was blown for a free before that.!

Even had the whistle not gone, fouls don't register as tackles.

Well to me it's a tackle so I guess we have found the point of where we won't agree.  

Well to me it's a tackle so I guess we have found the point of where we won't agree.

This is a tackle by your definition?

5155waah.jpg

Give it up mate. He made no tackles and it now just smacks of you stubbornly not backing down on your original claim no matter what.

Over and out.

Edited by Isa

5155waah.jpg

Give it up mate. He made no tackles and it now just smacks of you stubbornly not backing down on your original claim no matter what.

Over and out.

How is that any different to your relentless crusade against him though? And as Westy is a player for Aston Villa, I'll back the bloke trying to big up the player who, you know, plays for us rather than the bloke who puts him down at every opportunity.

How is that any different to your relentless crusade against him though? And as Westy is a player for Aston Villa, I'll back the bloke trying to big up the player who, you know, plays for us rather than the bloke who puts him down at every opportunity.

So we have to pretend that fouls equate to tackles out of some sort of perceived duty as a fan? I don't "big up" players solely on the basis that they happen to play for us.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

If he's not in the team, we have no other central midfielders who can pass sideways.

This has been proven to be complete and utter B.S. on so many occasions, I'm surprised people still say this.

Haha lighten up you miserable feckers :-) :-) :-)

I've seen worse against us go without a red card, Tettey (Norwich) last season springs to mind. I've also seen our players bullied by Stoke, so Westwood probably decided to get one in first - and I just think 'rusty first game' tackle comes into it, not malicious, just mistimed.

• Like 2

Perhaps unsurprisingly, completely missed my point.

As you said, 'over and out'

No I got your point but you're the one butting in what was a legitimate debate about how many tackles he made in the game. If I had come out after a game in which he had made a few tackles and claimed he had made none, you'd be the first one to latch onto it. When I do it, then the facts and actual points are ignored and the debate is pathetically reduced to the posting about the poster rather than the points made. Which is against site rules by the way.

You have the problem, not me. If you want to challenge my opinions and points about Westwood, then go for it. If you only want to bitch because I don't share the mainstream view of him, then don't. Simple.

• Like 1

5155waah.jpg

Over and out.

Yeah that's a tackle by 'MY DEFINITION'.  It is what I would call a bad tackle. complicated stuff eh?   Maybe ill go through the match and take stills to try and prove a point but tbh I can't be arsed and you obviously can't grasp the whole concept of people seeing things different and forming adverse opinions.

Under and in.

I've never seen so much effort put into putting down one of our own players as I have in this thread over the past couple of seasons

You should see some Villa fans on Twitter. 24 hours after the game (which we won) and still trying to put Westy down. It's pretty hilarious.

Edited by StefanAVFC

If he's not in the team, we have no other central midfielders who can pass sideways.

This has been proven to be complete and utter B.S. on so many occasions, I'm surprised people still say this.

People seemingly still like to slag players off not even 24 hours after a win.

Shame.

Slagging off is out of order but I don't think a win should mean no one can be critical of anyone who played.