Ashley Westwood

Nabby

He played well today. When he plays well he has a bit of the Gareth Barrys about him. You remember that sense of ease when Barry had the ball? He wouldn't give it away, he'd make good decisions, you felt safe that he had the ball. 

I get that with Westwood, when he plays well. Unfortunately, he's not always able to dictate in the middle and ends up running around a lot, but to his credit he and Delph use the ball really well today. 

Good free kick too.

Get a decent defensive type (who can also pass the ball) but is a monster, to play behind Delph and Westy, I would be happy with that. Would be good to free up Delph and Westy a little.

Developing nicely, it's amazing a player from league 1 has way more footballing ability than gabby who has been in prem his entire career

Not amazing at all.

Completely different type of player. We know gabbys limitations but he is very effective.....yes I know not particularly today, but he is definitely a premiership striker.

This months scapegoat??

• Like 1

Developing nicely, it's amazing a player from league 1 has way more footballing ability than gabby who has been in prem his entire career

Not amazing at all.

Completely different type of player. We know gabbys limitations but he is very effective.....yes I know not particularly today, but he is definitely a premiership striker.

This months scapegoat??

Not at all I just think people should look at his capabilities subjectively and u will see what the rest of the league see'

I think if he didn't have to play the defensive midfielder, he could chip in offensively a little more.

It's just frustrating to see him transition the ball to Gabby or Andi with one touch and set them up in a good position to attack and then they just pass it back to a fullback

Edited by Kwan
  • Like 1

he has been quite good in the last few months and got over a poor start and 2nd season syndrome which Lowton and Weimann have struggled to get past.  With better footballers around him he could thrive

Get a big strong DM next to him to do the "donkey" work, bring in some wingers with the guile and skill to beat a man and let Westwood play the passes into them, Delph breaking into the box to smash home loose balls.....

Argghhhhh Positivity! Whaat.... Iss...... Thiss xD........

Him and Delph have been our most consistant players this season, he seems to be a maligned player as he keeps things simple but thought he was class against united. Him, Delph and Albrighton were the only ones wanting the ball.

IMO being let down by players at either end of the pitch. If Benteke takes those chances and we defend with any sort of resistance we could have got a result at Old Trafford.

• Like 2

He brought a ball down again against Man U similar to the newcastle one and it got a universal ooooooooo from the crowd. Lot of Man U fans were talking about him when we were walking out.

I'm a huge fan of his.

I know the one. He wasn't ready for it either, think it took a deflection so he had to back pedal and turn around but still brought it down first time.

Lovely touch.

Not a coincidence that the player with the most ability on the ball has avoided second season syndrome like the others. Great to see him putting more of a defensive shift in as well. I think he covered a Mata run and shielded the ball until it went out of bounds right in our own box.

But I'd like to see him really impose himself on the game against an opponent like Fulham. Instead of being content on keeping the tempo going, he should really start attacking and trying to find some through balls and deep crosses. Already we've seen that since we've cut out the floaty shit to Benteke, his corners and set pieces have become infinitely better now that he can put some whip into it.

• Like 1

Not a coincidence that the player with the most ability on the ball has avoided second season syndrome like the others. Great to see him putting more of a defensive shift in as well. I think he covered a Mata run and shielded the ball until it went out of bounds right in our own box.

But I'd like to see him really impose himself on the game against an opponent like Fulham. Instead of being content on keeping the tempo going, he should really start attacking and trying to find some through balls and deep crosses. Already we've seen that since we've cut out the floaty shit to Benteke, his corners and set pieces have become infinitely better now that he can put some whip into it.

You must not have watched the first 6 months of the season.

As for the talk of playing for England one day, laughable.

A couple of decent performances and suddenly Lowton, Westwood, Bacuna, Gabby etc should all be playing for their countries.

They are all average at best as proven when we were played off the park against the likes of West Ham, Fulham, Stoke etc...

All I ever hear is with these 'kids' is that with a strong player next to him, they would really shine. Maybe we should just accept if they cannot do it on their own merits they are not good enough.

A couple of decent performances and suddenly Lowton, Westwood, Bacuna, Gabby etc should all be playing for their countries.

maybe you should read that back to yourself ;)

• Like 1

No, I am happy with it.

3 decent performances end of last season, Lowton will play for England.

Gabby wins two penalties against Arsenal, Gabby should play for England.

Bacunca scores a few goals masking some horrible displays, late shout for the world cup.

Now Westwood.

No, I am happy with it.

3 decent performances end of last season, Lowton will play for England.

Gabby wins two penalties against Arsenal, Gabby should play for England.

Bacunca scores a few goals masking some horrible displays, late shout for the world cup.

Now Westwood.

Rodders you plonker!

Westwood is a cracking little player, and will only get better. All he needs is a bit of aggression!

• Like 1