Joe Bennett

Si.

He's been given a huge opportunity, he hasn't taken it. Maybe he isn't good enough and never will be, maybe he will improve, but right now he isn't the player we need playing in an already patchy defence.

I'm sure it's been hard for him to make the step up, and to be honest I didn't expect every one of Lambert's signings to be fantastic, but for £4m I did expect a bit more from Bennett. Against the quality of opposition we face in the Premiership, I don't think he is up to the mark, whether that be for good or just for now is a different matter.

no offence but i dont buy this. he was 90 yards from goal, we had 40 minutes to score knock it out for a throw in instead of doing something stupid

I agree with the previous post. You can only defend what is happening at that time, he made a mistake, he recovered and knocked to ball out for a corner, it happens in every game, The goal came from the actual corner which could have been cleared easily, Hanson had tonnes of space round him and could have picked any spot all day long. We can nit pick at various points of the game, the fact is the corner could have been defended properly, and we have the players to do this quite easily!

For me Bennett is young and has potential, he is good at getting forward and will learn to defend properly as he matures. I remember a certain Mr Bale and Mr A cole in their youth had exaclty the same experience as to what JB is going through now.

Totally agree with the previous post, Joe Bennett is simply not good enough even for League 2 standard and anybody who disagrees obviously has not watched every game he has played this year. This can only come down to one man and thats Lambert. I for one have been Stephen Warnock's biggest critic since he signed for us but I would rather him any day in there instead of Bennett. The same goes for Lowton dont rate him, both rubbish! And to think we went form Bouma/Mellberg to Bennett/Lowton, words can not describe my headache after that match yesterday, we need serious investment in this team.

He's been given a huge opportunity, he hasn't taken it. Maybe he isn't good enough and never will be, maybe he will improve, but right now he isn't the player we need playing in an already patchy defence.

I'm sure it's been hard for him to make the step up, and to be honest I didn't expect every one of Lambert's signings to be fantastic, but for £4m I did expect a bit more from Bennett. Against the quality of opposition we face in the Premiership, I don't think he is up to the mark, whether that be for good or just for now is a different matter.

Almost cost the same as Nemanija Vidic, says it all really, the furthest our scouting system goes is Witton Lakes.

I think Joe Bennett will become a very good attacking left back, but he is not there yet.

He has a lot of attacking skills, pace, control, and good crossing ability.

At the moment he is not as strong in defensive skills, but there is the potential.

Lambert likes to play an attacking game, with full backs pushing on to add width. If a player has all the attacking and defensive skills to a high standard already, we probably wouldn't be able to sign them. So we get a rough diamond who has potential.

I think his recent games have been an improvement, I thought he did ok in the Albion game, and last night in the semi final.

Clearly confidence has been hit througout the team, particularly the defence, and his season has been disrupted by injury before signing and the leg gash since.

But I don't get the vitriol directed towards him.

I think 12 months from now, with another season of Premier league ( :unsure: ) under his belt, he could be a revelation, with talk of an England call up! (Although I not as sure about the England call up) :rolleyes: 

Just needs to sort out his decision making and defensive work.

Only thing is, hes not a Defender. In addition to what you have mentioned, hes to lightweight.

I think he has more promise playing in a wide attacking role. For me, he could be the winger we have all been crying out for.

For 4 million i expect allot better than what he offers. Check out the 57min of last nights match. Thats sums him all up.

So... An assist, another decent cross, a few fancy runs into the box and a few scary defending moments.

If that sums him up, then he can't be that terrible. He assisted our first goal and the set up a second but Ireland was offside.

We are playing each game with 10 men with him on.  I really think he is that bad.  Not the lads fault but Lambert keeps hanging him out to dry.  He should put him into the reserves and try and build his confidence.  Going to ruin him at this rate.

At times he is very good going forward and on the odd occasion he does defend well but yes overall he hasnt been good. The problem I have is the vitriol towards him, it seems a common theme at the Villa whereby if you arent good straight away then you are written off even Beneteke has had fans giving him a tough time. He's a young lad and whilst moaning on here is fine at the match its just not gonna help especially at a time when they need all the encouragement they can get.

Â