Joe Bennett

Si.

Set up our goal but then conceded the corner that led to their goal. Poor.

You're actually blaming a player for giving away a corner??

Seriously.

Surprisingly that's why full backs do quite a lot. What with trying to stop the cross of wingers.

no offence but i dont buy this. he was 90 yards from goal, we had 40 minutes to score knock it out for a throw in instead of doing something stupid

I know.. if I was the manager I would be screaming at him, and in any case told him to stop this a loong time ago, because it has happend a few times already. Still, I just find on this forum that people love to take a shit on players, even when they have a decent game.

i thought he was great 1st half, both going forward and defending, made 1 mistake and that was the silly foul, 2nd half iirc 1st touch tried to do a turn got robbed and instantly drained of all his confidence, 2nd touch was the shit one that gave away the corner

@wildwood

Not in that situation, wouldnt see Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines do that. **** wouldnt see Alan HUtton defend as bad as that

It shouldn't even be an issue.

The issue is we can't defend corners.

No Alan Hutton would have got sent off for attempting to take out the player and de-balling the linesman instead.

well then it is the issue. if we cant defend them we shouldnt be conceding easy ones ;)

The winky face is making me not know how to respond to that message! Darn emoticons.

I can see the logic if we're talking about penalties:

- We concede from penalties

- Let's try not to give them away

However I don't think that same logic applies here.

What the **** else was Bennett meant to do there? Risk getting done again, foul him or kick the ball out? We should be able to defend corners, end of.

Shouldn't have got into the situation to begin with. Deffo improving slowly I think. Hopefully getting stung tonight will sharpen him up further.

Shouldn't have got into the situation to begin with. Deffo improving slowly I think. Hopefully getting stung tonight will sharpen him up further.

That's true but hindsight is a wonderful thing, how people can blame him for tonight though is beyond me..

• Like 1

I can't believe he's getting any praise at all. He can't hold up the ball to save his life, he loses it all the time, he can't pass, he's extremely weak, he can't tackle, he's pretty much always out of the position, he could get turned by a brick and he generally looks like a lost puppy.

He is a truly shocking footballer.

Â