General Conspiracy Theory Dump Store

CI

1 hour ago, Seal said:

With regards to your clarification of the lasers issues. Thanks it is interesting. However, I still find it hard to believe that it is happening. Lets say the photons are spread out over 4 miles, or 200 or 2 miles. I think I was the guy that mentioned four miles? That was just what I read on the wikipedia page. I found different samples. You may be sending up quadrillions of photos. But when they are spread out presumably 99.999999% of them will not hit the reflector. The odds of them getting back are so little anyway assuming they even hit the reflector. And then to be able to identify that that photon is the one you sent out, and distinguish from the huge amounts of photos that the moon would be reflecting anyway. Is a bit beyond what I think is possible.

Again, personal incredulity is all this is.

We've already covered this (again). There is a huge chance that any photon you shoot at the moon will get detected when it comes back to earth. You only have a one in 250million chance of detecting it.

Luckily, each pulse of the laser they use contains 3x10 to the 17th power of photons. That is a monumentally huge number. So even with the small odds, you do get a small number back with each pulse.

Edit: sorry i see @blandy has already addressed your incredulity above

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Of course none of that could be true.  I could be a CIA officer who is specifically deployed to counter conspiracy theories on Villa Talk. 

I could have been a member of this forum for years in order to build a credible backstory. 

My real name might not be Mandy Lifeboats.  

Oi, we only allow one government plant and currently that one is Russian. Have you even filled in the form?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Again, personal incredulity is all this is.

We've already covered this (again). There is a huge chance that any photon you shoot at the moon will get detected when it comes back to earth. You only have a one in 250million chance of detecting it.

Luckily, each pulse of the laser they use contains 3x10 to the 17th power of photons. That is a monumentally huge number. So even with the small odds, you do get a small number back with each pulse.

Edit: sorry i see @blandy has already addressed your incredulity above

I don't think it was addressed sufficiently to remove my incredulity. Like you say. My point is also that you could not disambiguate that photon from the other photons from the moon or even the ones not reflected by the reflector

2 minutes ago, Seal said:

I don't think it was addressed sufficiently to remove my incredulity. Like you say. My point is also that you could not disambiguate that photon from the other photons from the moon or even the ones not reflected by the reflector

I posted a pretty lengthy post addressing how the distinguish the photons here

It doesn't need to remove your incredulity. All I'm saying is incredulity doesn't mean it isn't true. Just because you don't think something is possible doesn't mean that it didn't happen

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Its' not short. It's incredibly long. That's the problem. The only shadow visible is the shadow of the pole which is very thin and so hard to pick out.

Here is a close up that shows the shadow of the pole (look at those overshoes by the way. Definitely not the boots shown in the spacesuit picture...)

AS11-40-5875-rod-annotated.gif

And Look:

f0507-AS11-40-5874-full.jpg

Here's your photo. Look at Buzz Aldrin's shadow. You can only see the legs of his shadow. The amount of his shadow you can see doesn't even reach his groin.

Here's the same moment from a different angle

FTV-0002197+HD+flag+salute+screenshot.pn

Look at the shadow of the actual flag. It's in line with Buzz's torso, well above where the original photos frame stops, hence why you can't see it on the original photo you posted.

There's video of this moment too that shows it all happening

Again the annoying thing about this is a 30 second google search presents you with this information. It's not difficult

Sorry, but I am not convinced that this the shadow from the flag pole. Or even that it is a shadow at all. Wouldn't go as far as saying it was a photoshop. In the contours leading up to the mound the flag was placed upon I feel you would still see it. Also curious as to what appears to be flag movements between your two shots. Seems like the wind has blown it a bit. Never really been satisfied by the explanations about this. It seems very fixed in the video. And also it looks very much more folded in one of those photos than the other. You can see on the photo it top edge is straight to the end. On the second picture and on the video it is bent around  Also the amount of footprints where he walks, shuffles, moon walks don't really seem to match up but I am unsure. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Seal said:

I don't think it was addressed sufficiently to remove my incredulity...

You obviously think there's credibility somewhere?

On 19/09/2023 at 22:13, Seal said:

I learned from a great man that words are important. 

Who is this, and who else do you find credible?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I posted a pretty lengthy post addressing how the distinguish the photons here

It doesn't need to remove your incredulity. All I'm saying is incredulity doesn't mean it isn't true. Just because you don't think something is possible doesn't mean that it didn't happen

But similarly just because someone says something is true then it doesn't mean it is true. Just because you think something is possible does not mean it happens.

And like I have said, the issue is mainly that having a reflector up there is not proof the apollo missions went to the moon. Unmanned expeditions have also deposited things. And also I still fail to see how the relatively few photons that come back can be attributed to the reflector rather than the 'noise' or reflected from the moon itself.

Edited by Seal
additional detail

2 minutes ago, Seal said:

Sorry, but I am not convinced that this the shadow from the flag pole. Or even that it is a shadow at all. Wouldn't go as far as saying it was a photoshop. In the contours leading up to the mound the flag was placed upon I feel you would still see it. 

This is just getting funny now.

Did the flashing yellow arrows pointing to the shadow not help? I don't know what else I can give you? You can't see a shadow in a specific picture; I've provided a close up of said picture with big flashing arrows pointing towards the shadow that is clearly visible. What else can I do?

9 minutes ago, Seal said:

Also curious as to what appears to be flag movements between your two shots. Seems like the wind has blown it a bit. Never really been satisfied by the explanations about this. It seems very fixed in the video.

The flag does move. It's just been put into the ground so it sways back and forth slightly. you can see it in the video I've posted. There's no atmosphere/air on the moon so nothing to slow that momentum down so it sways for quite a while. Once it stops though, it stops.

There is a huge amount of footage that shows the flag absolutely still for long periods of time. Again 5 minutes on google will reveal this for you.

13 minutes ago, Seal said:

And also it looks very much more folded in one of those photos than the other. You can see on the photo it top edge is straight to the end. On the second picture and on the video it is bent around  

Come on mate. You can't be serious. You cant see the bends in the first photo because you're looking at it from the wrong angle. 

You can even see the crease going down the flag from where it is bent, which is what you see from the other angle.

Come on, this isn't difficult.

14 minutes ago, Seal said:

Also the amount of footprints where he walks, shuffles, moon walks don't really seem to match up but I am unsure. 

Yes they do. You can see all the photos from the first picture in the second picture. I don't really know what you're not seeing

2 hours ago, Seal said:

I am refusing to believe on a principle that I think having a belief is bad for your mind

I am sorry, I just have to bite... lets have a little think about what you've said here... If you like reading, I recommend you have a read of 'The Demon Haunted World' by Carl Sagan.

For all the posters suggesting a quick Google search will put to rest any notion that the moon landings were faked, chances are the filter bubble might only reinforce any conspiratorial flights of fancy. *Wikipedia - Filter Bubble

13 minutes ago, Seal said:

But similarly just because someone says something is true then it doesn't mean it is true. Just because you think something is possible does not mean it happens.

I never said that

14 minutes ago, Seal said:

And like I have said, the issue is mainly that having a reflector up there is not proof the apollo missions went to the moon. Unmanned expeditions have also deposited things. And also I still fail to see how the relatively few photons that come back can be attributed to the reflector rather than the 'noise' or reflected from the moon itself.

No but it proves there's a reflector up there. And the apollo missions were very clear that they were putting one there. So Occam's razor again and all that

I've literally posted a detailed diagram and explanation showing you how the laser photons can be detected from the noise of the other photons. It's so visual and simple. How are you just dismissing it?

2 hours ago, Xann said:

BBC

Conclusion: Jehovah had a shed on site before the start of the creation. That's maybe 494,000 years?

I wonder if Jehovah used it to store his garden sofa cushions in?

Edited by bielesibub
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Seal said:

Sorry, but I am not convinced that this the shadow from the flag pole. Or even that it is a shadow at all. Wouldn't go as far as saying it was a photoshop. In the contours leading up to the mound the flag was placed upon I feel you would still see it. Also curious as to what appears to be flag movements between your two shots. Seems like the wind has blown it a bit. Never really been satisfied by the explanations about this. It seems very fixed in the video. And also it looks very much more folded in one of those photos than the other. You can see on the photo it top edge is straight to the end. On the second picture and on the video it is bent around  Also the amount of footprints where he walks, shuffles, moon walks don't really seem to match up but I am unsure. 

Not to mention that one image appears to have flashing arrows and then they're just nowhere to be seen in the others.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is just getting funny now.

Did the flashing yellow arrows pointing to the shadow not help? I don't know what else I can give you? You can't see a shadow in a specific picture; I've provided a close up of said picture with big flashing arrows pointing towards the shadow that is clearly visible. What else can I do?

The flag does move. It's just been put into the ground so it sways back and forth slightly. you can see it in the video I've posted. There's no atmosphere/air on the moon so nothing to slow that momentum down so it sways for quite a while. Once it stops though, it stops.

There is a huge amount of footage that shows the flag absolutely still for long periods of time. Again 5 minutes on google will reveal this for you.

Come on mate. You can't be serious. You cant see the bends in the first photo because you're looking at it from the wrong angle. 

You can even see the crease going down the flag from where it is bent, which is what you see from the other angle.

Come on, this isn't difficult.

Yes they do. You can see all the photos from the first picture in the second picture. I don't really know what you're not seeing

The yellow arrows were clear and helpful. However I am not convinced it is a shadow from the flagpole. I appreciate there is a possibility the terrain could be obscuring it. However I think, and taking into account the other photos you have provide, it looks like it shouldn't. I think from the base to the end there would be more evidence.

The flag looks very still in the video you posted. It moves slightly, but it is curved round. The point is that one flag you can see it straight until the end. This can be confirmed at the top as it has a structure holding it up. In the second photo and the video it is curved in on itself. Nowhere in the video does it show the shape of the other photo.

I would also argue the shadow of the module is very different in both, and possibly, although I am not convinced that the relative positions of the astronaut and the flag don't really tally taking into account the perspectives of the photographer.

Â