Richard Dunne

Zatman

On a related note, Ray Houghton on the other hand is the complete opposite. You expect a fairly diminutive fellow but he's actually as wide as he is tall and he's taller than you think. He's much larger in the flesh than he ever was/is on the tellybox.

Funny, my wife and I saw him in Selfridges the other day and we both also commented to each other on how much smaller and slimmer he was than we expected.

Yeah I said that too when AVSC Ireland met Given & Dunne as part of the Ireland squad AVFCAM. I was expecting a mountain of a man but he was surprisingly normal-sized. Bigger than average definitely, but not what I thought he'd be.

Standing next to him I noticed something, and I will be blunt about this, those who say his is overweight are talking complete bollucks. Honestly, I am a small guy, in both height and weight and Dunney, who is over 6ft, wasn't much bigger round the middle than me, and I'm 5ft 8 with a 32in waist. He looked to be in very good condition for someone who hasn't played/trained for a few weeks.

Sounds like he needs to bulk up for added strength.

Flew Dunney out of Birmingham the other day

What assortment of snacks did you serve him off the trolley and did he pinch your bum when you bent over :winkold:

What is the maximum number of pints of Guinness that can be considered a 'snack'?

Funny, my wife and I saw him in Selfridges the other day and we both also commented to each other on how much smaller and slimmer he was than we expected.

Yeah I said that too when AVSC Ireland met Given & Dunne as part of the Ireland squad AVFCAM. I was expecting a mountain of a man but he was surprisingly normal-sized. Bigger than average definitely, but not what I thought he'd be.

Standing next to him I noticed something, and I will be blunt about this, those who say his is overweight are talking complete bollucks. Honestly, I am a small guy, in both height and weight and Dunney, who is over 6ft, wasn't much bigger round the middle than me, and I'm 5ft 8 with a 32in waist. He looked to be in very good condition for someone who hasn't played/trained for a few weeks.

Sounds like he needs to bulk up for added strength.

P'raps should get some tips from Gabby...

Anyone else thinking Dunne's absence may be a blessing in disguise ?

I think his absence is a blessing.

I can't understand why this blessing should be "in disguise".

Dunne is an unwatchable, overpaid defender that plays football the way it was played in the 30's of the previous century, belting the ball clear instead of trying and build from the back (that is the continental style play that all the great English clubs adopted since at least 15 years).

Last but not least, he committs one or two banal mistakes every game and he is responsible of the 50% of the goals that we concede.

The Italian Sky TV commentator says always that he seems a pub player and he is absolutely right.

I find this ridiculously harsh. He has played the ball out of defence on many occasions this season and to be fair only really hoofs it when there is nothing else on or it's really necessary. Hoofing is Collins's trademark.

He is not responsible for 50% of the goals we concede. C'mon.....

Anyone else thinking Dunne's absence may be a blessing in disguise ?

I think his absence is a blessing.

I can't understand why this blessing should be "in disguise".

Dunne is an unwatchable, overpaid defender that plays football the way it was played in the 30's of the previous century, belting the ball clear instead of trying and build from the back (that is the continental style play that all the great English clubs adopted since at least 15 years).

Last but not least, he committs one or two banal mistakes every game and he is responsible of the 50% of the goals that we concede.

The Italian Sky TV commentator says always that he seems a pub player and he is absolutely right.

I find this ridiculously harsh. He has played the ball out of defence on many occasions this season and to be fair only really hoofs it when there is nothing else on or it's really necessary. Hoofing is Collins's trademark.

He is not responsible for 50% of the goals we concede. C'mon.....

I dont hink Dunne has been that bad.

I think the bloke on Sky italia is a cock

Not sure what has happened here but my response to CI's statement was an emphatic No, Dunne's absence isn't a blessing in disguise. At no stage have I posted the above comments as I can honestly state that I am in total disagreement with just about every comment CI posts.

Not sure what has happened here but my response to CI's statement was an emphatic No, Dunne's absence isn't a blessing in disguise. At no stage have I posted the above comments as I can honestly state that I am in total disagreement with just about every comment CI posts.
In this case, I think there was some clumsy blundering with the "quote" button. I found about 4 posts in the exchange impossible to follow as a result. :detect:

In the nicest possible way, The feeling is completely mutual

Not that I read much of your rambling bollox

In the nicest possible way, The feeling is completely mutual

Not that I read much of your rambling bollox

calm down guys, we all support the same team here.

Â