Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Not so much a problem, more something we can improve on as a collective.

I think it could be improved.

One way of doing that, is reverting the north stand lower back to away fans. Knock the ticket prices down in the Holte, and get those fans back in there. Weve basicly split our vocal support, which is ok when your doing well, but when your struggling?

Holte is a like a morgue at times.

I think the exact opposite - the biggest problem we had in the past with our atmosphere was that everyone who wanted to sing sat in the same place - the North Stand being full of home fans has changed that and improved things enourmously imo. I'd like to see cheap seats in the Upper Trinity too - let something form up there.

Yep. Lower Holte where I am is the most frustrating section of all. Great once it gets going but everyone just sits down and is quiet unless we're winning.

One way of doing that, is reverting the north stand lower back to away fans. Knock the ticket prices down in the Holte, and get those fans back in there. Weve basicly split our vocal support, which is ok when your doing well, but when your struggling?

I'd like to see cheap seats in the Upper Trinity too - let something form up there.

That would upset quite a few lol

Ive tried singing up there, and been looked upon as an alien!

North upper and HDE are far worse in my experience, but its hard to get any atmosphere going when your struggling, and thats the same everywhere.

It was just destined to be this season was it not.. that we would have to be the team who Man U needed to beat to confirm the title.. This is how the season seems to have gone for us in general.. playing teams at the wrong time.. Now we have Sunderland who 2 games ago would have been an ideal fixture... now they come here in buoyant mood... Typical!

It will feel like we have gatecrashed a party tomorrow sadly & i see nothing but a big defeat. 4-0 loss for me.

As for the home fans debate i agree it is nothing like it used to be at Villa Park. The Holte end is a pale shadow of itself & for me our home form has been absymal since we had the away end moved. For me when the away fans in the old Witton were singing it used to be aimed directly at the Holte end whereas now its aimed at the Trinity road which is the quietest stand in the stadium. This has an effect as you can't really hear the away fans in the Holte end very well & this perhaps has impacted the response from the Holte end thus having an overall quieting effect.. As well as half of the old Holte enders now being at the other end of the stadium of course.... It's like it's altered the dynamics of the stadium in a negative way overall... Thus affecting the atmosphere & our results maybe?

I preferred it in the old layout personally.

• Like 1

No way!! The further away the away support are the better! Can't afford to give teams more of an advantage through their supporters! Plus, why would we want them hurling abuse at Guzan??!!

I'd like to see cheap seats in the Upper Trinity too - let something form up there.

That would upset quite a few lol

Ive tried singing up there, and been looked upon as an alien!

North upper and HDE are far worse in my experience, but its hard to get any atmosphere going when your struggling, and thats the same everywhere.

:lol: :lol: I had the exact same thing happen.. Talk about got dirty looks!

No way!! The further away the away support are the better! Can't afford to give teams more of an advantage through their supporters! Plus, why would we want them hurling abuse at Guzan??!!

Thing is the proof of the pudding is in the eating & our results have been consistently poor at home since this move.. Even under MON we struggled at home.

I can understand the folks who go in the new DE lower wanting to keep it as it appears to be the only part of the ground with atmosphere now usually but overall impact is not good from what i have seen.. Ok we have been poor for years now which doesn't help of course... But you have to ask why a team that was always reasonably strong at home has now gone to one of the worst home teams in the division since the changes?

Edited by danceoftheshamen

I got dirty looks for bloody standing up and singing in the Lower Holte against Liverpool!

:huh:  Odd! I hope you weren't blaspheming now!?  I got it too actually in the lower Holte.. We got a bad call off the ref & i jumped up & shouted something at him... & the looks i got :wacko:... Weird!... I actually thought i had stumbled upon the opera by accident rather than a football match.

Thing is the proof of the pudding is in the eating & our results have been consistently poor at home since this move.. Even under MON we struggled at home.

I can understand the folks who go in the new DE lower wanting to keep it as it appears to be the only part of the ground with atmosphere now usually but overall impact is not good from what i have seen.. Ok we have been poor for years now which doesn't help of course... But you have to ask why a team that was always reasonably strong at home has now gone to one of the worst home teams in the division since the changes?

There are so many factors that are contributing to our terrible home form... I'm not sure whether moving the away fans is one of them... It could be? But I can't say for certain. If I could then I would probs be the manager.

What about Lambert moving the home bench closer to the Holte, breaking years of tradition?

Lots to consider...

I got dirty looks for bloody standing up and singing in the Lower Holte against Liverpool!

:huh:  Odd! I hope you weren't blaspheming now!?  I got it too actually in the lower Holte.. We got a bad call off the ref & i jumped up & shouted something at him... & the looks i got :wacko:... Weird!... I actually thought i had stumbled upon the opera by accident rather than a football match.

Yeah it's frustrating. The reg's near me all bitch about the randomers who come and go every game who give us lot some right weird looks. When Fulham equalised I stayed standing until I realised I was the only one in my block. At a time like that, the support is so important.

As for the home fans debate i agree it is nothing like it used to be at Villa Park. The Holte end is a pale shadow of itself & for me our home form has been absymal since we had the away end moved. For me when the away fans in the old Witton were singing it used to be aimed directly at the Holte end whereas now its aimed at the Trinity road which is the quietest stand in the stadium. This has an effect as you can't really hear the away fans in the Holte end very well & this perhaps has impacted the response from the Holte end thus having an overall quieting effect.. As well as half of the old Holte enders now being at the other end of the stadium of course.... It's like it's altered the dynamics of the stadium in a negative way overall... Thus affecting the atmosphere & our results maybe?

I think it's affected the atmosphere in the Holte maybe, but it's improved the atmosphere in the ground.

I think it's affected the atmosphere in the Holte maybe, but it's improved the atmosphere in the ground.

Aye you may be right, perhaps as a die hard Holte Ender it just pains me to have lost that passion from that end?.. Never been in the DE Lower so perhaps i ought to give it a try?

Still doesn't explain the dismal home form since the changes though?!.. I won;t quite believe it until i see us go through a season with a decent home record ... i guess thats the time to make judgement proper?

I think the home fans are a problem and have been for quite a while now. Far too quick to get on the players' backs if things aren't going well, either that or they go eerily quiet.

I'm actually struggling to see where over the past two seasons in particular the fans had reason to cheer.

• Like 1

What's the chant that everyone in the hole was singing against Fulham? Clapping and singing something? Can't remember and it's annoying me...

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands?