Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

What's the chant that everyone in the hole was singing against Fulham? Clapping and singing something? Can't remember and it's annoying me...

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands?

Hmmmmmmm noooo, don't think so?!

What's the chant that everyone in the hole was singing against Fulham? Clapping and singing something? Can't remember and it's annoying me...

Yeah was a bit of an obscure one with tricky lyrics , think it went something like

"Villa, villa, villa, villa, villa, villa, villaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

As for the home fans debate i agree it is nothing like it used to be at Villa Park. The Holte end is a pale shadow of itself & for me our home form has been absymal since we had the away end moved. For me when the away fans in the old Witton were singing it used to be aimed directly at the Holte end whereas now its aimed at the Trinity road which is the quietest stand in the stadium. This has an effect as you can't really hear the away fans in the Holte end very well & this perhaps has impacted the response from the Holte end thus having an overall quieting effect.. As well as half of the old Holte enders now being at the other end of the stadium of course.... It's like it's altered the dynamics of the stadium in a negative way overall... Thus affecting the atmosphere & our results maybe?

I preferred it in the old layout personally.

I think it's affected the atmosphere in the Holte maybe, but it's improved the atmosphere in the ground.

Aye you may be right, perhaps as a die hard Holte Ender it just pains me to have lost that passion from that end?.. Never been in the DE Lower so perhaps i ought to give it a try?

Still doesn't explain the dismal home form since the changes though?!.. I won;t quite believe it until i see us go through a season with a decent home record ... i guess thats the time to make judgement proper?

Sales of Barry, Milner, Young & Downing maybe?

We love you We love you We love you

and where you go we follow we follow we follow

Cos we support the Villa the Villa the Villa

and thats the way we like it we like it we like it

OOOOOOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOHOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

that one? 

As for the home fans debate i agree it is nothing like it used to be at Villa Park. The Holte end is a pale shadow of itself & for me our home form has been absymal since we had the away end moved. For me when the away fans in the old Witton were singing it used to be aimed directly at the Holte end whereas now its aimed at the Trinity road which is the quietest stand in the stadium. This has an effect as you can't really hear the away fans in the Holte end very well & this perhaps has impacted the response from the Holte end thus having an overall quieting effect.. As well as half of the old Holte enders now being at the other end of the stadium of course.... It's like it's altered the dynamics of the stadium in a negative way overall... Thus affecting the atmosphere & our results maybe?

I preferred it in the old layout personally.

I think it's affected the atmosphere in the Holte maybe, but it's improved the atmosphere in the ground.

Aye you may be right, perhaps as a die hard Holte Ender it just pains me to have lost that passion from that end?.. Never been in the DE Lower so perhaps i ought to give it a try?

Still doesn't explain the dismal home form since the changes though?!.. I won;t quite believe it until i see us go through a season with a decent home record ... i guess thats the time to make judgement proper?

Sales of Barry, Milner, Young & Downing maybe?

Thing is wasn't our home form poor even then? I seem to remember us all saying how we had no plan B or being unable to break teams down who came & parked the bus etc even with those players.. Fact is our home form has been poor ever since we changed the stadium round... It may be nothing do do with it of course, but it may be a contributing factor too to a point. Surely the Holte end in full voice was very intimidating for any visiting team...indeed it was always said that the Holte End could practically "suck the ball into the net" such was it's impact & yet now that advantage has clearly gone we say it doesn't have any effect?  .. Can't be both ways.

Yeah was a bit of an obscure one with tricky lyrics , think it went something like

"Villa, villa, villa, villa, villa, villa, villaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Haha....you're drunk.

We love you We love you We love you

and where you go we follow we follow we follow

Cos we support the Villa the Villa the Villa

and thats the way we like it we like it we like it

OOOOOOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOHOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

that one?

Nope not that one.

There wasn't many words to it.....

How would that go? Everyone was clapping in unison, it wasn't like an applause, and it was the lower Holte where it started on the trinity Road side. I think it probs was just after we scored... Yea.

Actually might have been 1st half....

Edited by Tayls

I can't describe it. Dur durrrr, dur durrrr, dur dur, durdurdur, dur durrrrrr. dur dur durrrrr, durdur durrrr durrrr. dur durdur dur dur dur durrrrrr VILLA

That makes sense if you speak it out  :blink:

Villa's next 4 games:

Man Utd (A)
Sunderland (H)
Norwich (A)
Chelsea (H)

Wigan's next 4 games:

Spurs (H)
West Brom (A)

Swansea (H)

Arsenal (A)

For us, those 8 games are the big ones. We need to come out of those matches with 1 point more than wigan do and we're guaranteed safety

*edit*

Purely for speculation's sake...

Round 1

Man Utd 2-0 Villa

17 Villa Pl 34 GD -26 Pts 34

18 Wigan Pl 33 Gd -23 Pts 31

Round 2

Wigan 0-2 Spurs

Villa 1-1 Sunderland

17 Villa Pl 35 GD -26 Pts 35

18 Wigan Pl 34 Gd -25 Pts 31

Round 3