Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

The destiny is in Villa's hands. And the last six must win games we did win, so I am pretty confident that we will win against Wigan. We have top 7 form since the first of February.

Problem is that my heart will not be in a good shape the days before Sunday if Wigan win against Arsenal, and knowing how crazy the last match can be (look at the last seasons), I do not want to face the possibility that a freak result (us not winning against Wigan) might happen.

Fulham ain't out the woods yet but it'd take the biggest set of stupid results to see them go down. In fact, looking at it, it'd be almost impossible because we have to play Wigan and the goal swing won't happen.

I'd love to see Di Canio take Sunderland down but to be honest I couldn't care less as long as it ain't Villa.

Fulham are safe actually (we are excluding 10 goal swings in GD) it is literally only between us, Sunderland and Wigan. Wigan must beat Arsenal now or they are down. Sunderland can ensure saftey with a draw away to Spurs if Wigan do win, and then we will need a draw too. It's all simple now.

Are Southampton exempt from this relegation malarky?

now I'm shitting myself. Won 45 quid on a treble today which is all going on a Wigan win. If we are gonna go down then might as well make a few quid out if it. Jeez.

I stand to make £350 from £10 if we go down. I still can't see Wigan staying up but it's good to have insurance.

Will £350 make you one of these fans who will be happy with relegation I keep hearing about?

would be about 1k up in all with my insurance bets while we were long odds for the drop, but I'd much rather have premier league than the money. Wigans odds just plummeted from 10/1 to 17/2 before I could confirm. Looks like I ain't the only villa fan doing it!

Current odds:

Wigan 1.06

Sunderland 25

Aston Villa 42

And yet if you have an accumulator on Wigan win at Arsenal & Wigan win at home to us and a double chance on Sunderland at Spurs you can get 47/1 and that's without looking around.

Fulham ain't out the woods yet but it'd take the biggest set of stupid results to see them go down. In fact, looking at it, it'd be almost impossible because we have to play Wigan and the goal swing won't happen.

I'd love to see Di Canio take Sunderland down but to be honest I couldn't care less as long as it ain't Villa.

Fulham are safe actually (we are excluding 10 goal swings in GD) it is literally only between us, Sunderland and Wigan. Wigan must beat Arsenal now or they are down. Sunderland can ensure saftey with a draw away to Spurs if Wigan do win, and then we will need a draw too. It's all simple now.

The GD means pretty much yes

Yes their GD is too good.

Permutations

Wigan

If Wigan lose against Arsenal they are relegated.

If Wigan draw at Arsenal, Aston Villa are safe.

If Wigan win at Arsenal and win against Villa, Wigan are safe.

Aston Villa

If Wigan win at Arsenal, Villa lose to Wigan and Sunderland don't lose to Spurs, Villa are relegated.

If Wigan draw or lose at Arsenal, Aston Villa are safe.

If Wigan win at Arsenal and Villa don't lose to Wigan, Villa are safe.

Sunderland

If Wigan win both games and Sunderland lose to Spurs, Sunderland are relegated.

If Wigan draw with Arsenal and win against Villa, Sunderland are safe

If Wigan lose against either Arsenal or Villa, Sunderland are safe

Edited by Wes

So basically we need one of 3 things to happen to be safe...

1) Arsenal get at least a point at home to Wigan on Tuesday.

2) Sunderland lose away to Spurs on Sunday.

3) We get at least a point away to Wigan on Sunday.

That's a much more positive way of thinking about it. All those things would be odds on, but its a bloody funny old game.

• Like 1

I can easily see Sunderland getting a point at the notorious bottlers Spurs.

Our saving grace is that Wigan will not beat Arsenal away, no **** way. Shove last year up your arse. Arsenal never fail to get Champions League but they will if they dont beat Wigan.

We are safe. If Wigan win then my arse will be twitching but that wont happen.

Edit, bbc tables haven't been updated. Forget what i said.

Edited by Daniel

The only thing funnier than people basically predicting a Wigan win over Arsenal is the absolute certainty Wigan will beat us.

If Wigan beat Arsenal I think they will beat us as well. Spurs might save us then.

Either way, I am praying it won't come to that. Wigan will not beat Arsenal.

Our saving grace is that Wigan will not beat Arsenal away, no **** way. Shove last year up your arse. Arsenal never fail to get Champions League but they will if they dont beat Wigan.

Wigan beat Man City yesturday by the way. The way you are talking its guaranteed, your wrong! Nothing can be counted on in this league.

eh? Arsenal can still get Champions League even if they lose their last games and Spurs only get a point.

What? Spurs 2 points above Arsenal. So how can Arsenal get Champions League place by losing their last 2 games??!!

Yes their GD is too good.

Permutations

Wigan

If Wigan lose against Arsenal they are relegated.

If Wigan draw at Arsenal, Aston Villa are safe.

If Wigan win at Arsenal and win against Villa they are safe.

Aston Villa

If Wigan win at Arsenal, Villa lose to Wigan and Sunderland don't lose to Spurs, Villa are relegated.

If Wigan draw or lose at Arsenal, Aston Villa are safe.

If Wigan win at Arsenal and Villa don't lose to Wigan, Villa are safe.

Sunderland

If Wigan win both games and Sunderland lose to Spurs, Sunderland are relegated.

If Wigan draw with Arsenal and Win against Villa, Sunderland need to draw at Spurs.

If Wigan lose against either Arsenal or Villa, Sunderland are safe

Sunderland would stay up on goal difference barring a Stamford Bridge style meltdown from ourselves even if they got beat would they not?

Edited by flamingsombrero