Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

If Sunderland lose or draw today then we're safe. There's no way in hell they're beating Spurs away on the last day.

They wouldn't need to..if they draw today they'll only need a draw on last day if we lost as they have a much better GD

or maybe wigan will lose against arsenal on tuesday. meaning we have the easiest game out of us, Sunderland, Newcastle and Norwich, playing a side that already won a cup and got relegated, while the others play teams chasing CL spots or are just ManCity at home for their last game of the season.

but that is probably just crazy talk

Stranger things have happened than Wigan beating Arsenal. Specially as the pressure is on Arsenal now to win. They may bottle it.

Yep, like they did at home to Bayern

Their goals have dried up aswell

If Sunderland lose or draw today then we're safe. There's no way in hell they're beating Spurs away on the last day.

They wouldn't need to..if they draw today they'll only need a draw on last day if we lost as they have a much better GD

Ahhh thought we had the better GD. Crap. They won't even draw though so it's all good i think. Go Saints!

Some really pathetic point scoring here. It'll be absolutely dreadful if we do actually go down. Some people just won't be able to help themselves.

Edited by Mantis

Stranger things have happened than Wigan beating Arsenal. Specially as the pressure is on Arsenal now to win. They may bottle it.

Yep, like they did at home to Bayern

Their goals have dried up aswell

Yet they're still top of the form table?  :ph34r:

Are none of you super confident guys not at least a bit worried? Considering everything that can have gone against us has so far, surely I am not the only one feeling a little less comfortable this afternoon?

I was extremely worried in January.

Not worried now. We have faith in our own hands and will secure PL status with a win Sunday. 

And if we look back at our "must win games" history, we have only **** up against Newcastle. We won against QPR, Reading, Sunderland, West Ham, Norwich and Stoke. That is 6 out of 6 wins in high pressure games.

And we had one of the best strikers in Europe playing for us in those must win games.

We won't this time.

yes, it was benteke who won the game at Norwich and it was benteke who gave us the lead in the game against sunderland or stoke. oh no wait...

So does Benteke only score goals?

Do his performances and his ability not help the team or our other strikers when he's on the pitch?

So does Bent only score goals?

Do his performances and his ability not help the team or our other strikers when he's on the pitch?

Benteke had no part in Lowton's goal against Stoke, or in Vlaar's and Weimann's against against sunderland,...

Of course Benteke is a great player to have on the pitch, but you're making it out like we are nothing without him.

Are none of you super confident guys not at least a bit worried? Considering everything that can have gone against us has so far, surely I am not the only one feeling a little less comfortable this afternoon?

I was extremely worried in January.

Not worried now. We have faith in our own hands and will secure PL status with a win Sunday. 

And if we look back at our "must win games" history, we have only **** up against Newcastle. We won against QPR, Reading, Sunderland, West Ham, Norwich and Stoke. That is 6 out of 6 wins in high pressure games.

And we had one of the best strikers in Europe playing for us in those must win games.

We won't this time.

yes, it was benteke who won the game at Norwich and it was benteke who gave us the lead in the game against sunderland or stoke. oh no wait...

So does Benteke only score goals?

So does Bent only score goals?Do his performances and his ability not help the team or our other strikers when he's on the pitch?

Benteke had no part in Lowton's goal against Stoke, or in Vlaar's and Weimann's against against sunderland,...

Of course Benteke is a great player to have on the pitch, but you're making it out like we are nothing without him.

Am I?

I'm pointing out we could potentially be going into an extremely important game without our best player. I haven't said we're nothing without him at all. But I think he's a big loss for such an important occasion.

Am I?

I'm pointing out we could potentially be going into an extremely important game without our best player. I haven't said we're nothing without him at all. But I think he's a big loss for such an important occasion.

On that we agree then, but I have enough faith in the rest of the squad to get a result at Wigan. even though it probably won't matter anyway

Seems to me that there were a load if results that need to happen to relegate Villa, we sit here now potentially having seen half or more of them chalked off and done. Add to that Benteke's sending off and suddenly you start to wonder. Come on Arsenal

• Like 1

missing Benteke is crucial.  there is no doubting how much we rely on him as has been stating he has scored a crazy amount of our goals and we play alot of high balls up to him which he wins 9 timesout of 10. we dont have anyone else who can do that. We wll have to change our style of play for the first time in a while and that can have a negative effect on the team.

Im still hopeful that our counter attacking threat will be too much for Wigan and reckon we should at least score a few goals but can our defence keep them out, not likely!

WBA could pull one back, Saints would be likely to score but one thing is set in stone, QPR are diabolical and will 100% not score *tempts fate*

Come on lads, everything is still in our hands, tuesday's game is massive and if the worst occurs, that team need to play for their **** lives against Wigan. Darren Bent hat-trick. Done

If this team goes down, it deserves to go down. It's still in our hands right at the death. If the results go against us and Wigan beat us at the death, then there's nothing we can do and frankly Wigan deserved it more than we did.

As it is, it's not at that stage yet. I have more important things to worry about and I suspect most people here do too. I'll start worrying if Wigan beat Arsenal on Tuesday, until then, I won't waste my time fretting.

Edited by Ginko