Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Can we all just clarify that Wigan do not have a game in hand over us. We both have 4 games to play as things stand (with us being 2 points ahead of them). Everything is now down to us and whether or not we can win two games, forget concentrating on the other teams now, it actually annoyed me seeing Weimann tweet about how Spurs had done us a favour. There are no favours in football unless you're Alex Ferguson and losing in the 89th minute of a match - we need to beat Sunderland, if we lose or even draw, things are going to be very difficult.

Also, please guys, we do not need any of the QPR mercenaries who have already been relegated. No thanks, not a single one of them.

Edited by samjp26

But we both have 4 games left, so there really is no extra ground to be gained from how the fixtures are laid out. The only difference I believe between our fixtures is the fact we play 2 games this coming week, being Monday and Saturday. If they had 5 games left as things stood whereas we had 4, I would understand, but we're both on a level playing field and both have the same amount of points to play for. If anything, it helps us by being able to add extra pressure on Wigan if we win tomorrow as we'll go into the weekend fixtures 5 points ahead and potentially up to 8 points ahead after the weekend.

Also to add, we could actually be in 13th place come Sunday morning as well as being 8 points clear of the relegation zone, if:

We beat Sunderland tomorrow and Norwich on Saturday

West Ham beat Newcastle at home (very possible)

Tottenham beat Southampton at home (most likely)

West Brom beat Wigan at home (most likely)

Really, are the above results unrealistic whatsoever?

I know it is hard but keep the faith guys.

Edited by samjp26

I'd like us to pick up park in summer. Fine player who'll break his balls for the team. Definite upgrade on holman

Isn't he on about £80k a week

So up that to about £100k with the effect of the TV money next year on wage expectations.

Am I the only one who thinks we can get something from Chelsea?

Seems improbable after our capitulation at their place, but Chelsea struggle at VP more often than not.

To me losing to Sunderland would be a disaster but not winning would not be the end of everything.

No I think we'll get a point. Its their 3rd game in 6 days. The other 2 games being Man Utd away and a local derby with Tottenham at home. Both far bigger games for them than playing us.

And a potential Europa League Final 

I'd like us to pick up park in summer. Fine player who'll break his balls for the team. Definite upgrade on holman

Park is shit. He looked okay at man utd because of the players around him. United only signed him to sell shirts in asia. Park has ajown his true colours at QPR. A limited player who is lazy and on too much money.

I would have taken Hoillet before he went to QPR. Would have been a great player to fill the void Ashley Young has left. But I just haven't seen him do anything for QPR. Barely heard his name all season. Can only assume he just doesn't give a shit about football. I'd take Taarabt too. 

Edited by PieFacE

I'd take Hoillet from QPR and call me crazy but would Taarabt be worth a gamble? Could play behind Benteke and add a bit of creativity and flair we've lacked.

Taarabt's inconsistency would see him absolutely slaughtered on here. Can't think he'd be Lambert's type of player either.

• Like 1

The last time a team went down with over points was West Ham - 10 years ago. Since the prem reduced to 20 teams in (18 Seasons Ago)  1994/5 - Only 3 teams have gone down with 40 or more points. 

So yes it can happen - but not very often - In my book 40 keeps you up - 39 probably would, 38 touch and go.

I can only see us getting 4 more points between now and the end of the season.

As long as we avoid defeat at Wigan on the final day, then I think we'll stay up JUST.

I just hope that we don't fall into the trap of thinking "we're safe" if we get 3 points tomorrow, as 37 is definitely ropey if that ends up being our final tally.

I think Wigan are going to be taking the final spot, they're playing well at the moment but not getting the results - with the amount of games they've got coming up in a short space of time, for me it's just a matter of time before the performances drop to where they start losing games that they deserve to lose.

UTV