Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

The biggest problem we have at the moment is seemingly wanting to shoot ourselves in the foot. Look at the Liverpool game, there were several catastrophic individual errors that should have resulted (or did result) in goals, you cannot get away with that, particularly when you're not getting the rub of the green at the other end, I'm talking about the best clearance off the line ever by Mr Gerrard.

There are always mistakes in football matches, look at most of the goals on MOTD and in most cases you can trace the goal back to an individual error, positionally or otherwise. The mistakes made by Villa on Sunday went beyond that and far more often than any other team seems to be making cock ups, if we cannot cut out these freebies over the next few games we will be relegated and deservedly so.

Worrying thing for me is we have been quite bad over the last three months but now are playing better and getting some "too good to go down " type comments

Worrying thing for me is we have been quite bad over the last three months but now are playing better and getting some "too good to go down " type comments

Scary isn't it? We have palyed reasonably well since recovering from Christmas time but the terrible individual errors are killing us and will relegate us if they are not cut out.

Scary but to be honest I have accepted we have been down for a while, admittedly the reading and QPR games lifted me a bit but the feeling we are going down has been there since start of the year

What will everyone's attitudes be towards next season if we stay up? Sack Lambert? Give him cash? Etc.

Back him and improve. I think we will be a lot better next season. A few key additions and I think our squad wont be all that bad. But survival is vital.

I have lost all faith in Lambert.He is trying to achieve the impossable.I am sure there is not one other team in the PL with an average age as young as us.Lambert simply refuses to play any old heads in the team,thats why the players are making so many mistakes.There is no one with the experience on the pitch to tell/show them what to do?

Scary but to be honest I have accepted we have been down for a while, admittedly the reading and QPR games lifted me a bit but the feeling we are going down has been there since start of the year

This is the third year in a row you've said we are going down

Even if we go down I would stick with Lambert and let him completely rebuild the squad without the likes of Bent, Ireland, Dunne, Given and Hutton. Give Stan a new 1 year deal if he doesn't retire and then see what players we can bring in. We will easily be the biggest club in the league and, as Wolves, Bolton and Blackburn have proved, sacking the manager is not always the right thing to do.

We are starting to play a lot better and if we can build on this season, even if it is in the Championship, I can see us coming back stronger. We won't lose the likes of Lowton, Westwood, Sylla, Bennett, Clark, Baker, Delph or Weimann (just yet). Benteke will go IMO and we might see a club like Stoke come in for Gabby. Would be great if we can keep hold of Guzan but I doubt that after the great season he's had.

I have lost all faith in Lambert.He is trying to achieve the impossable.I am sure there is not one other team in the PL with an average age as young as us.Lambert simply refuses to play any old heads in the team,thats why the players are making so many mistakes.There is no one with the experience on the pitch to tell/show them what to do?

Which injured experienced player would you like Lambert to pick? Dunne? Petrov? Bent? 

Is Given better than Guzan? No.

What will everyone's attitudes be towards next season if we stay up? Sack Lambert? Give him cash? Etc.

I'd sack him even if we stay up but i know that ain't gonna happen. If we stay up he obvliously need money to rebuild the defence and midfield but i don't think he'll get any substantial amount from Lerner.

In the best of worlds we stay up, Lerner sells the club and a new owner comes in with some money a clear idea and a new manager

I suppose another question would be how much of the increase in television revenue is Lambert going to get in the summer if we do stay up, or will he be given similar funding with one eye to be kept on wages?

I'd say it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Lambert may walk at the end of the season, particularly if he keeps us up ? He may think quit with his reputation intact

I'd say it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Lambert may walk at the end of the season, particularly if he keeps us up ? He may think quit with his reputation intact

No chance. We've been mugged off by other managers who we've had to sack. He could easily wait, take a nice pay-cut off his contract and then because of his immense norwich reputation get another decent club.

The team that comes 20th next season will get the same amount that champions man city got for winning the league last season.

this is the worst season ever to go down.

for the first time I am bricking it.

I'm worried that Sunderland deliberately hired Di Canio knowing that his "fascist" backstory would be a complete distraction and take attention away from the team - thus helping them, relieving the pressure.

They do have a very challenging fixture list but with Di Canio who knows, they could get three wins.

Win over Stoke away is difficult even for the best teams in the league, it's going to be crucial for us. Of the two teams on 34 points - Stoke and Norwich - I rate Norwich more talented going forward, more likely to score the goals to keep them up.

If we can beat Stoke suddenly the team that is always last on MOTD because their football is so bad could realistically be relegated from the Premier League.

We need to do all football fans a favour and win.

Edited by Con

I rate Norwich more talented going forward, more likely to score the goals to keep them up.

Amazing considering Norwich are the second lowest scorers in the division!

Edited by pacbuddies