Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Thing is, if we go down, and sack Lambert... who on earth would they appoint? Mick McCarthy or Warnock probably. No thanks, would rather keep Lambert and give him til Christmas to save his career.

Edited by PieFacE

Why couldn't Lambert bring in someone like Tony Adams as defensive coach when it became obvious to a blind man we couldn't defend effectively.

Ok granted Adams tried management and it didn't work ,but I'm sure if concentrating on our woeful defence he could've only had positive results

Dunno why people keep putting this idea forward. If you are manager paid in excess of £1m a year - any chairman would look on grimly if you openly admitted you needed help to manage the defense. He already has Culverhouse as first team coach - if between the two of them they can't sort out the defence - whats to say a third coach will make any difference.

It will never happen. The manager should be able to sort the defence.

QPR and reading look doomed - 7pts from us - and eight from safety. I don't buy into this xxxxx could get dragged into it (theres only 7 games left  !!!) - 1 spot to be decided between Villa, Wigan, Sunderland.

QPR and reading look doomed - 7pts from us - and eight from safety. I don't buy into this xxxxx could get dragged into it (theres only 7 games left  !!!) - 1 spot to be decided between Villa, Wigan, Sunderland.

I'd say Newcastle, Norwich, Stoke and Southampton are all in it as well.

Next week

QPR beat Wigan, we draw Stoke and Sunderland lose to Chelsea.

A draw for me would be a very good result next week, Stoke have only lost 2 home games and we have little chance of doing it.

A point for us and a loss for Wigan and we are out of the relegation zone again. Then we have a chance to beat Fulham at home before Wigan play Man City away and then West Ham away.

Sunderland have Chelsea like I mentioned, and also Newcastle away.

4 points for us the next two games and it looks much prettier no matter what.

Wot you don't see Newcastle winning 2 more games ? - If Stoke beat us they go 7 points clear of us - then with only six games to go -

A four point gap - may not sound much, but it is huge at this stage of the season

QPR and reading look doomed - 7pts from us - and eight from safety. I don't buy into this xxxxx could get dragged into it (theres only 7 games left !!!) - 1 spot to be decided between Villa, Wigan, Sunderland.

And we still have to play Norwich and Stoke as well as Sunderland. 4 of our 7 games remaining are against relegation candidates!

Next week

A draw for me would be a very good result next week, Stoke have only lost 2 home games and we have little chance of doing it.

A point for us and a loss for Wigan and we are out of the relegation zone again. Then we have a chance to beat Fulham at home before Wigan play Man City away and then West Ham away.

I agree i expect at least a point against stoke

Im sure i heard on SSN that they have lost something like 8 out of their last 11 matches?

Not like records matter with us though were usually the best side to play if you need to break a duck

For me that's QPR and Reading down. If i had to choose which remaining fixtures I'd prefer from us,Wigan, Sunderand, Norwich and factor in current form I'm more than confident we'll finish above at least 2 of those teams.

Wot you don't see Newcastle winning 2 more games ? - If Stoke beat us they go 7 points clear of us - then with only six games to go -

A four point gap - may not sound much, but it is huge at this stage of the season

I think Newcastle will stay up but they're still only 3 points above the drop zone. Likewise with Stoke they're only four points ahead and in awful form. Obviously if they beat us they'll be very likely to stay up but alternatively if we beat them they'll only be a point behind us.

Next week

I agree i expect at least a point against stoke

Im sure i heard on SSN that they have lost something like 8 out of their last 11 matches?

Not like records matter with us though were usually the best side to play if you need to break a duck

A victory against Reading is only Stoke win in 10.Home wins Reading / Liverpool /Fulham/Swansea and QPR.Don't concede to much at home.Will be very tough

Massive result for us & if nothing else this weekend at least the 2 below us have received huge hammer blows which now leaves it as a battle between around 5 teams to avoid that last spot.

For me Newcastle & Southampton will be fine. They have plenty of easier fixtures & i feel both will finish with 40+ pts comfortably.

The ones still in it however are in my opinion.

Stoke.......34 pts

Norwich....34pts

Sunderland..31pts

Wigan........30pts

Villa............30pts

A win at Stoke & well... different ball game altogether!! But thats easier said than done of course.

A relegated manager should never keep his job. Let alone one who could take down a team who hasnt been relegated in nearly 30 years. Especially when we havent had a crisis like Leeds or Portsmouth.

Thank god there's other sane people out there.

If relegated he should be sacked instantly.

Well yeah worked for Blackburn didn't it.

A relegated manager should never keep his job. Let alone one who could take down a team who hasnt been relegated in nearly 30 years. Especially when we havent had a crisis like Leeds or Portsmouth.

Oh right.

Keep Lambert then.

I mean if it didn't work out for a club run as well as blackburn rovers then what chance would we have.

Oh right.

Keep Lambert then.

I mean if it didn't work out for a club run as well as blackburn rovers then what chance would we have.

Bigger problem is we're not run much better. Which is exactly why we're in this mess. Can't fault Lambert for a problem that he walked into, that had been in the making for 3 years.

• Like 1