Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Hopefully Utd will have already won the league when we play them and likewise Chelsea secured a CL spot. Fulham should be on the beach aswell as Norwich .

So you are expecting Ferguson and Rafa to say to their teams " It does not matter if you lose today lads"

Not exactly the mentality of winning teams ?!

Hopefully Utd will have already won the league when we play them and likewise Chelsea secured a CL spot. Fulham should be on the beach aswell as Norwich .

So you are expecting Ferguson and Rafa to say to their teams " It does not matter if you lose today lads"

Not exactly the mentality of winning teams ?!

Indeed.

Ferguson could name a team of 15 year old kids to play in a pre-season friendly and they'd still be scared stiff of coming off the pitch having been defeated. The desperation to win every game is what makes any Ferguson side successful. 

I remember people thinking they'd go easy against us when we had them on the last day of the season under O'Leary (during his successful season), and they were 2 up within minutes.

• Like 1

United or Chelsea could be in a cup final. Even if they do play a second string it will still be full of players trying to lay claim to a starting place in the final.

In professional sport, nothing is taken for granted and no favours are given

United or Chelsea could be in a cup final. Even if they do play a second string it will still be full of players trying to lay claim to a starting place in the final.

And if they are anything like me the same is true for unprofessional athletes...! :D

from about Stoke down they are still involved in this battle.

as for people expecting Wigan to stay up they said same about Coventry. will eventually fall adn dont see any reason why wont be this year especially if they have a cup final and take eye of the ball

Wigan going down is our best hope of staying up.  Think we are both (at the moment) prime candidates for that 3rd relegation spot.

But that's not true is it. Sport is corrupt, every now and again it's exposed but we know full well the surface has only been scratched.

from about Stoke down they are still involved in this battle.

as for people expecting Wigan to stay up they said same about Coventry. will eventually fall adn dont see any reason why wont be this year especially if they have a cup final and take eye of the ball

Wigan going down is our best hope of staying up.  Think we are both (at the moment) prime candidates for that 3rd relegation spot.

I think sunderland are right in the shit. They are terrible

if we keep up our form of the last 5 games for the next 5, we'll be fine and a lot of other clubs will be right back in it. we have closed the gap on that group on 33 points or less, but if we pull level with the teams 3 points above us then sunderland, newcastle, southampton and west ham are going to be as likely to go down as us/wigan. 

that's quite a big if though i suppose, a heavy cuffing by liverpool could put us back a bit. 4 points out of the next couple of games will have us looking pretty good though...

United ALWAYS have something to play for. They would love to win the league (or the double) with 100 points. Remember how they demolished Blackpool on the final day of the 2010-11 season, when United already had the title in the bag and a draw would have kept Blackpool up? I don't see us getting anything off of them, or Chelsea.

United ALWAYS have something to play for. They would love to win the league (or the double) with 100 points. Remember how they demolished Blackpool on the final day of the 2010-11 season, when United already had the title in the bag and a draw would have kept Blackpool up? I don't see us getting anything off of them, or Chelsea.

We've beaten much better Chelsea teams with a worse Villa team than this one, and one of those times a only last season

I think we need a lot more than 6 there is a reason 40 points is the standard safety number, it is because, the teams down the bottom end of the league are fighting for their lives at this time of year and pick up more points than the first half of the season. I think it will be very tough for Reading, QPR to stay up but i dont think it is impossible for Wigan to get high 30s or any of the teams above us. I won't be happy till we get 40.

38 is reasonable to stay up i think, wigan will get 10 more points i would think, depends how the teams dipping in form react to the pressure if we continue decent form. if we don't there won't be that much pressure ;)

I was fondly remembering Hutton's handball against West Brom that kept us up last season earlier.  :)

I've been hoping all season that at least one team will get a spanking from us to offset the Chelsea deficit. I think that game might be Fulham at home. As for the rest of the strugglers, that north-east derby will be huge. If Sunderland lose that I think it will crush their spirit totally.

I was fondly remembering Hutton's handball against West Brom that kept us up last season earlier.  :)

I've been hoping all season that at least one team will get a spanking from us to offset the Chelsea deficit. I think that game might be Fulham at home. As for the rest of the strugglers, that north-east derby will be huge. If Sunderland lose that I think it will crush their spirit totally.

Me too, but sadly we do not demolish teams 3 or 4-0 I cant remember the last time we did.