Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Sorry but for me the age old excuse that "things all balance out in the end" is hogwash & nothing more than a lame excuse of a line spewed out constantly in an attempt to blurr the whole issue of dodgy officials... Afterall it is obvious that to gather enough data to either prove or disprove this would be almost impossible so it is just a throwaway comment which diverts attention away from the problem.... In my opinion

Sorry but for me the age old excuse that "things all balance out in the end" is hogwash & nothing more than a lame excuse of a line spewed out constantly in an attempt to blurr the whole issue of dodgy officials... Afterall it is obvious that to gather enough data to either prove or disprove this would be almost impossible so it is just a throwaway comment which diverts attention away from the problem.... In my opinion

100% agree.

Things might even out over 10,000 games but certainly not 38 and even then you can guarantee Man Utd will have so many more decisions go for them than any other club.

Well I said in the MON thread but I'll repeat it here.... Sunderland losing Fletcher could be a blessing in disguise for them. Will force them to play 4-5-1 which will make them a lot more solid, could also kick start Grahams Sunderland career if he's the focal point of the team.

I'm not getting too excited about Sunderland's relegation chances just yet.

Well I said in the MON thread but I'll repeat it here.... Sunderland losing Fletcher could be a blessing in disguise for them. Will force them to play 4-5-1 which will make them a lot more solid, could also kick start Grahams Sunderland career if he's the focal point of the team.

Had similar thoughts myself. Although it is hard to look and their highest scoring goalscorer getting injured as a positive.

If Danny Graham is in a goal drought though, you can be sure that run will end at Villa Park!

Well, every other thread ends up being about MON so I suppose it was inevitable the relegation thread would.

However, the issue is really whether we will get relegated, not which other clubs will.

Wouldn't be much of a triumph if the clubs going down were us, Reading and Sunderland, for example, would it?

• Like 1

Well, every other thread ends up being about MON so I suppose it was inevitable the relegation thread would.

However, the issue is really whether we will get relegated, not which other clubs will.

Wouldn't be much of a triumph if the clubs going down were us, Reading and Sunderland, for example, would it?

The discussion is about Sunderland and them losing their top scorer to injury. Being only 1 point above us and in worse form, Sunderland are very much relevant to this thread. Why do you have to jump in at the slightest criticism of O'Neill? The discussion was never primarily about him but it probably will be now.

Edited by Mantis

What a ridiculous post.

Other clubs being relegated is as relevant as us getting relegated... this shouldn't really need to be mentioned.

And not a single person has mentioned MON directly in relation to the thread other than you.

:unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

Edited by VillaLi0n

Had similar thoughts myself. Although it is hard to look and their highest scoring goalscorer getting injured as a positive.

If Danny Graham is in a goal drought though, you can be sure that run will end at Villa Park!

Well what an opportunity for Graham to become "the main man" and start scoring goals. If Graham continues the form he's been in since arriving then great, Fletcher will be a massive loss. Though, I have a sneaky feeling he's going to start scoring goals. 

hahahaha.... what? :lol: Getting a bit defensive there aren't we? As others have said, no one has even mentioned him directly.

Edited by PieFacE

What a ridiculous post.

Other clubs being relegated is as relevant as us getting relegated... this shouldn't really need to be mentioned.

And not a single person has mentioned MON directly in relation to the thread other than you.

:unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

The only thing that is ridiculous is people slavering over the prospect of Sunderland getting relegated in a thread which is about Villa's relegation prospects. I suspect it's just a way of burying your head in the sand and trying to pretend it's not really happening to us.

And, yes, I agree, the posts about two above mine did not mention MON, so you're entirely right about no mention of MON in this thread. What a complete fool I am!

What a ridiculous post.

The only thing that is ridiculous is people slavering over the prospect of Sunderland getting relegated in a thread which is about Villa's relegation prospects. I suspect it's just a way of burying your head in the sand and trying to pretend it's not really happening to us.

And, yes, I agree, the posts about two above mine did not mention MON, so you're entirely right about no mention of MON in this thread. What a complete fool I am!

Its pretty basic logic that if Sunderland lose their top scorer then Villa's chances of getting relegated decrease. That is entirely related to Villa's relegation prospects. Do you disagree?

MON was not mentioned directly in relation to the thread at any point, only in passing about someone commenting about Fletcher being out in the MON thread (this isn't about MON so no need to be so sensitive about it...  ) however since you have mentioned him, he has been mentioned in every post since. Way to go!!!  :thumb:  

• Like 1

had a look here http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php?SKEY=ea8f5be81e38cf4f3ad5ce92ba2e1c26 for fletcher and i see we are top of the injury table with a whole bunch of ankle/foot injuries. big holes in the bodymoor heath training pitches?!?!?

fletcher has no return date as yet. losing him is a big blow for sunderland, both mentally for the other players and in terms of them scoring. definite plus for us.

looking at the fixtures could be a weekend of no points for sunderland, newcastle and reading. wigan play norwich so if there's a positive result there one of them will get no points too. would be a massive result for us to win, i just don't hink we will get 3 on the bounce though. a draw would be a brilliant result for us if everyone loses around us...