Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I think it's important that we have reached thirty points with eight games to play.

That's a total of twenty four points on offer with us needing ten at the most (Hopefully).

Three wins, a draw and four losses.

Two wins, four draws and two losses.

One win and seven draws.

Those three outcomes don't seem too unlikely.

In any sense, reaching thirty points has taken off some of the pressure.

Oh dear that was a sweet win against one of the teams under us. With 0-2 points the last two weeks we would have been highly likely to go down, but we got 6 points and that is just brilliant. Ball much more in our possession now, we need to **** up and others have to really outdo themselves. The magical limit can be tough to predict, but 37 points look likely to be enough IMO.

Liverpool (h) - loss

Stoke (a) - draw

Fulham (h) - win

Man Utd (a) - loss

Sunderland (h) - draw

Norwich (a) - win

Chelsea (h) - loss

Wigan (a) - draw

This little slightly pessimistic run would yield 2W-3D-3L and 39 points. We can also get something from Liverpool and Chelsea, especially Liverpool are at times a very average side away from home, only winning 4 games. We can also win against either Wigan, Sunderland and Stoke - and the law of average pretty much dictates that we will be fine this season. There, I said it! Our defence is poor, but as long as Benteke and the others deliver we will score enough goals.

Edited by Papillon

Need wigan to lose their games in hand to put us in a good position.

Would love to go to the Britannia and slap Stoke 0-2 :3 

1 of them is City away who look like they dont care anymore :(

Yes the title race could well be over by the time Wigan have their game in hand against City in mid April, as it is just after the Manchester derby which may decide it. We then also play Utd just after, so it is very unlikely that we will have it all our way in that City will still need to beat Wigan AND that Utd won't have anything to play for against us.

After todays games City are likely to be 4 points above Chelsea and 5 above Spurs. They still have plenty to play for to ensure they finished 2nd. They definitely won't want to finish outside the top 3 as that will mean them playing a Champs League qualifying round. I think they will still have plenty to play for when they pay Wigan.

Just need to concentrate on one thing at a time.

"The fence in front is the one to jump"

We all know what we need to do manager, players, fans

each game will have a different twist as time moves on and some games that looked easy will be hard and vice versa.

If the fans can raise the roof like they did against QPR.... we have a chance.

They were magnificent.....just like old times.

Just need to concentrate on one thing at a time.

"The fence in front is the one to jump"

We all know what we need to do manager, players, fans

each game will have a different twist as time moves on and some games that looked easy will be hard and vice versa.

If the fans can raise the roof like they did against QPR.... we have a chance.

They were magnificent.....just like old times.

We don't often agree but I agree with this.

I have been saying that we will stay up for a while but I agree there will be twist and turns yet and we need to take one game at a time. Bottom line is though we take care of our own results, as we have done the last 2 games, then it won't matter what anyone else is doing.

With regard to the crowd yesterday I agree the atmosphere was fantastic and I commented in another thread that it was the best home backing I can remember since Blackburn in the semi final in 2010. More of the same in the games to come will make a big difference.

I think it's important that we have reached thirty points with eight games to play.

That's a total of twenty four points on offer with us needing ten at the most (Hopefully).

Three wins, a draw and four losses.

Two wins, four draws and two losses.

One win and seven draws.

Those three outcomes don't seem too unlikely.

In any sense, reaching thirty points has taken off some of the pressure.

To me those 3 outcomes seem incredibly unlikely... I think another 6 points will be enough this season and I think we will get them, but it's going to be close.

Hopefully Liverpool won't turn up in our next game.

It's Sunday and my brain isn't really functioning but if man u and man city win their next 3 games, can man u then all but secure their title against us with their greater goal difference?

We usually write this game off anyway but I'm hoping they secure the title before they play us.

The two Manchester teams play one another before us and so it could all be wrapped up by the time the play us if Utd win.

Still not safe as really it's 5 point clear when you consider the goal diff!

But at least we can afford to not win against Liverpool and breath a little easier

The key games are Sunderland, fulham, norwich. We have to aim for two wins there at least. We won't get anything against Chelsea or united. Unlikely to win at stoke and Wigan game hopefully we be safe by then!!

Here's hoping ;)

We have no chance of beating Manure regardless of the title being secured or not

With our defence the way it is we would need to score 3 goals to win

They have won nearly all their games at old trafford this season losing only one...

They have not even drew with a side once this season at home

I can safely say we can rule out any points from this fixture folks