Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Naive to chase a game at the emirates with 5 mins to go when you are relegation fodder. We should be closing a game off and taking a point FFS .

Why take Westwood off ?? Madness

probably a gamble worth taking to be honest. After they scored we seemed the better team, we had equalised and you could say the momentum was with us. Many have said it wasn't the best arsenal team and probably the right time to be playing them. Many of our own fans said they were there for the taking. Imagine the boost to everyone today if we had got a win and all in all we lost a point

We didn't win and that point you refer to might have been the difference between us staying up and being relegated.

I despise the arrogance of some on here who may think losing a point is acceptable in our current position. 

• Like 1

I don`t think it`s gonna be that close at the end, I rather think we will know the answer when we have like 2-3 matches left, maybe even 4. If we were to lose the next three games then I don`t see any light whatsoever. 

Yeah because we are so good at sitting back and closing games out.

We never ever lose late goals when Ashley Westwood is on the field do we?

A 2-1 defeat at The Emirates will not be the result that sends us down, neither would a 1-1 draw be the point that keeps us up.

26 goals for, 52 against over 27 games. Even without the Chelsea disaster out goals for and against is awful.

There's nothing changed that's says things well get better and those figures are as good an indicator as any that we will go down this year

We won't finish higher than Wigan and they won't go down. They are better than us and capable of doing over literally any team on their day. I think we are buggered. 

and that's my thoughts too. Two results this season have really pissed me off more than any other for the last ten years I'd say. The defeat to Bradford (which I have not actually got over yet and not sure when I will to be honest) and the home defeat to Wigan. That result alone will go a long way to sealing our fate.

We are in a league of four clubs, currently second and needing to win that league. Four clubs in the fight for me

I disagree slightly. I think QPR are gone and it is now 2 from 4 of Reading, Wigan, Southampton and us. We currently sit third in that mini league needing to get to second to be safe. Still all to play for. We have been shit no doubt about that but are still just a point from safety and over the last handful of games I have seen enough to be relatively confident we will stay up.

I'm with the league of four scenario, it's possible we might drag another one or two in, but unlikely I think. I'd agree that QPR have had it, I think Reading aren't far off throwing in the towel so it might well come down to us and Wigan. I think that's a battle we can win, although if it comes down to the last day of the season at their place, then I might well need an ambulance on standby to get through it.

We are in a league of four clubs, currently second and needing to win that league. Four clubs in the fight for me

I disagree slightly. I think QPR are gone and it is now 2 from 4 of Reading, Wigan, Southampton and us. We currently sit third in that mini league needing to get to second to be safe. Still all to play for. We have been shit no doubt about that but are still just a point from safety and over the last handful of games I have seen enough to be relatively confident we will stay up.

I would have to disagree with both, slightly. QPR are still very much in this fight and are more than capable of beating anybody. (I'm shitting us playing that game - it really will be huge). Up to 16th is in this fight in my opinion. However, I unfortunately think we are down this season due to our inability to see out a game. (Or come back from being behind). Tough times. Edited by Tayls

Still dont think West Ham and Sunderland are quite safe, but what most are saying is right.

Its a 4 team league:

Wigan

Villa

Reading

QPR.

We have to play all three of them. A surprise result against someone like Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea is badly needed. Even if it's only a point.

The Qpr v Southampton game will be interesting... A draw probably being the ideal outcome for us.. Southampton could yet get dragged back in too & if they lose that they may just get the jitters but the last thing we want is QPR getting their tails up just before we play them.

Sadly i fear the damage is done this season though & whilst we are not out of it we badly need a big win a la Anfield this or Chelsea away last season. That Chelsea result is what kept us up last season.

Don`t see how southampton will go down. I hope west ham or something like that will get sucked in. QPR can still come back, but they don`t have much time left. I fear that match myself, because it would be so god damn typical that they get back in shape for that one and hammer us down like 3-0(obv pessimistic thinking but you never know).

Sunderland might get dragged into it, or west ham. We really need points against these teams:

Fulham

Reading

QPR

Sunderland

Norwich

These are teams we can beat with this lineup if things go our way. And of course, if it really comes down to it then Wigan. I don`t think that will be a deciding factor but we should be able to take them. Judging by our current form, I still see a lot of points coming from these matches. All hope is not lost imo, but the reading and qpr match will be vital as we need points as fast as we can get them. Our next match against city will be to difficult, if they could pull points from them then I have no doubt we will stay up(yes I said it.)