The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I've forgotten what it feels like to be a happy football fan :(

been so damn long hasn't it.

I think we just have to have a change in luck. Just look at Southampton today - when do City concede a comedy own goal and a goal keeping **** up? When do teams do that against us?

In our post match threads this season we get pissed at the fact players don't tackle or close down enough, but in recent games we've been doing that and conceding shad loads of free kicks and corners because our players rush in, miss the tackle and left loads of space open, or concede a free kick or corner, and then the defence gets pressure piled on and so on so on.

I am not saying we haven't deserved to lose the games we have played dobbins in - which is a lot. But I do get so angry when I see the ref giving absolutely **** all our way and every tackle our players make just sends the ball straight back to the opposition, usually in even more dangerous areas.

Everybody's getting very ahead of themselves talking bout the Wigan game at end of season and reading and qpr game what will the mood be like here tomorrow if we get beaten tonight? I'm not convinced at all that we will win tonight. Sam allardyce is no fool he will know our defensive frailties and has andy Carroll who can out jump the best premiere league defenders never mind Clarke vlaar Bennett and Lowton and he will also know the threat of benteke and the longer we go in our game tonight without scoring the nerves will set in and the crowd will get restless and then the problems arise. Let's not be patting each other on the backs yet a loss tonight will frankly end our survival hopes I reckon

We will draw the next three (or win tomorrow and draw the other two) and then that will set us up nicely to balls things up against Reading and QPR.

Unfortunately this is a 4 horse race now. (Unless a miracle happens and we win more than one game before the end of the season.

The results today was superb. Could this weekend be the best ever. Hope everton smashes united tomorrow at OT. 

So excited and terrified for the match tomorrow, I really have no idea on what to expect. West ham is probably the team I have seen the least of this season, so I have no idea on how they are going to play really. Carroll seem terrifying when I consider our defence but I do believe we will take 3 points tomorrow if we can play like we did last match. I refuse to believe that west ham can play as good as everton can, there is no way. I really want to believe it now, I really do. Get those 3 points tomorrow, we need it so much. 

It really is on a knife edge now looking at it.. We cannot afford even a single defeat in any of the 6 pointers..We can get away with a few draws in them but we have to win 1 or 2 out of Norwich QPR, Reading & Wigan & not lose any of them. That is a tough call and very very precarious.

The thing is thats if that happens & we don't lose any of those it will go down to the wire most likely but just one horror show a la Wigan at home & for me thats it.

Gotta say it looks bad.

"If" is the word that has been used most frequently about our performances this season.

I reckon  the word "no" has been used more than "if."

Depends where you read. For instance, if you you include the match day threads into this, the word **** will probably be the most used!

Other than the Southampton result everything else was pretty much perfect for us yesterday. If this group of players of ours really want to stay up they will win this game today. No doubt about it that they should be right up for this and buoyed by the results of those around us.

Today will show us just how much fight this bunch of players have in them! I will lose all belief in them if they lose today.

Everybody's getting very ahead of themselves talking bout the Wigan game at end of season and reading and qpr game what will the mood be like here tomorrow if we get beaten tonight? I'm not convinced at all that we will win tonight. Sam allardyce is no fool he will know our defensive frailties and has andy Carroll who can out jump the best premiere league defenders never mind Clarke vlaar Bennett and Lowton and he will also know the threat of benteke and the longer we go in our game tonight without scoring the nerves will set in and the crowd will get restless and then the problems arise. Let's not be patting each other on the backs yet a loss tonight will frankly end our survival hopes I reckon

Tonight? Have I missed something?

We will draw the next three (or win tomorrow and draw the other two) and then that will set us up nicely to balls things up against Reading and QPR.

Unfortunately this is a 4 horse race now. (Unless a miracle happens and we win more than one game before the end of the season.

Draw at arsenal and against man city?..

Take me to your dealer please!..

That's quite an impressive haul of points by our standards. At least 3 points out of a possible 9 or maybe 5 points out of a possible 9. Considering we have only managed 3 points out of the last possible 24 points I am really impressed!