Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Christ, wouldn't like to be in the trenches with most of you lot!!!!

I think that Wet Sham, is a big game, win that we continue with forward momentum. They've not won in ages away from home.

That well known fact is the curse bestowed upon us. Every player or team that has had a real shit record since god knows when is almost guaranteed to end it against us. Wet Spam will know this!

I've decided it is bad form to accept relegation so half-heartedly. I think it is best to have a complete change in mentality, and forgo realism for delusion and perhaps a bit of arrogance. Yes, that sounds about right. Like a self-righteous religious fucknut, I will look down on anyone outside the Villa family with a sniffy air of better-than-thou, and laugh at their foolish inability to see the world the right way, the Aston Villa way. Yes, this sounds about right. From now on, we won't get relegated, everyone else is a small club save a few big boys who are morally dubious but free to go about things as they see fit. Yes, yes. Alright. Here we go.

We won't get relegated. We will win comfortably against West Ham, because they are a small club with an outdated footballing mentality.

• Like 1

CED - I'm with you!!

**** all of you small **** shit clubs! (Outside the top 7) When was the last time you won a European cup?

We are Aston Villa and when we feel like doing so, we will piss all over you.

:-) POSITIVE

Edited by Tayls

Right lets continue the positives, heres my take on the 3 teams which are our best bet to finish below us...

QPR - for all their new signings and the 'honeymoon period' effect caused by Harry's arrival, have only really performed in one game - against Chelsea.  Even though they got a point at Upton Park, they got battered by West Ham (West Ham!) and failed to beat a Norwich team in bad form at home.

Wigan - according to a few pundits they've been found out.  They employed a 3 at the back (sound familair) system last season which (and here's where the familiarity ends) worked and got them big results.  This season sides seemed to have worked them out, plus they've lost Ramis at the back which must disrupt things if nothing else.

Reading - are living on confidence right now.  They've had a few outrageously good results but this has to end.  Take Stoke or West Brom for example - both top of the form table not so long ago, but now are second to bottom and bottom respectively. 

i reckon all 3 will finish above us, ie, us finishing 20th

so not only will we finish in the relegation zone, we will get absolutely pummeled into it, its not going to be a pretty site

our first team has some good attacking options, bent, benteke, gabby, weimann, zoggy, holman, but our defense side is awful, constantly conceding

Christ, wouldn't like to be in the trenches with most of you lot!!!!

I think that Wet Sham, is a big game, win that we continue with forward momentum. They've not won in ages away from home, and we've got goals in the side. There's been an improvement in the teams performance from the 2nd Half of Newcastle, through the Everton game, need to keep that going.

We've still go to play lots of teams that are towards the bottom of the table, I believe that we can still win against, WHU, Norwich, QPR, Reading, Sunderland, Wigan & Fulham, Yes it'll be difficult, and yes we need to improve defensively, but we can do it.

"They've not won in ages away from home"

Thats the bit that worries me - Newcastle hadn`t won away at all

this

The last 3 halfs of football we've been excellent. We've turned the corner and as our confidence and experience continues to improve we'll start picking up results. There are some winnable games coming up. West Ham will be a springboard. 3 points from safety with half a season to go. Two strikers with an excellent eye for goal, a midfield with some great talent that is getting experience with every game. N'Zogbia has started to look dangerous again and Gabby still can terrorise a defence. Defence is becoming stronger with every game. Baker, Vlaar and Clark are all fit again and just need some match time together to gain an understanding. Guzan is the best player we've ever re-signed.

I think QPR are more likely to drop than Villa. Too much pressure on them. Too many mercenaries.

I know we've all been going on about must win games of late, but the West Ham one is genuinely our first real "must win" of the season. If we lose that, we're a lost cause. With the other ones, if we lost them we were still in touching distance of safety. Anything less than 3 points, or going 3-0 down and coming back to draw it (purely for the potential confidence), would genuinely be the end of the road for us

i think we'll win on saturday by a couple of goals... am seeing good things up front - bentekkers is still flying, weimann is dangerous and gabby and zoggy are starting to play with a bit of swagger... KEA very much surprised me on the upside against everton and sylla looked fine bearing in mind the situation he came into.

vlaar has a couple of games under his belt and i think its just going to take one clean sheet for things to start coming good for us... we can now have a consistent back four of lowton, vlaar, clark and bennett - like it or not, its what we have.... lets get them playing together each week and build some confidence in each other...

actually, as i see it, the starting XI is finally beginning to settle down, at least in my mind...

guzan

lowton

vlaar

clark

bennett

westwood

KEA / delph

zoggy

weimann

benteke

gabby

thats the team as it is... lets give them the confidence to know that the future of villa lies in their hands and let them play like their lives depend on it....

a win this weekend and we're in with a shout....

UTV

Actually - if we do go down - wouldn't it be good for the 2013/4 season - If QPR were still in the prem ?

No we want them down ASAP because it will mess up there club badly

I can still see Wigan reading and Southampton losing a lot of games